Pages:
Author

Topic: cgmon - mining monitor for Linux - auto restart, reboot, sick gpu, ASIC, &more - page 9. (Read 48219 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
chmod 755 /home/cgmon.tcl

check the settings to see where the log file is pointed to.

Also, did you do the following?

apt-get update
apt-get install tcl
apt-get install php5-cli
apt-get install php5

When I did this for the first time, just php5 wasn't enough, I needed php5-cli.  This is not in the instructions.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
That is the correct command.  In crontab you have the */2 * * * * root /home/user/cgmon.tcl >/dev/null 2>&1
MrBob, I sincerely appreciate the help.

Yes, I have the crontab setup and it looks like this:

*/2 * * * * root /home/cgmon.tcl >/dev/null 2>&1

My cgmon.tcl file is in the /home folder.

Still not working. Sad
That is the correct command.  In crontab you have the */2 * * * * root /home/user/cgmon.tcl >/dev/null 2>&1
Can someone please help me get cgmon working on BAMT?    I have the cgmon.tcl in the home folder. I have made all the changes to the cgmon.tcl file that I need to. I can manually run the cgmon.tcl file and it will work. However, for some reason the cron is not working. I am wondering if it has to do with the cron, or maybe it has to do with changing the file permission to 755. Maybe changing the permission is a different command in BAMT?  When I changed the permission of the file I used this command "chmod 755 cgmon.tcl".

I have not been sleeping good at night because I keep waking to check the rig. Would really like to get this script going.
So I have BAMT 1.3, and I seem to still be having problems with weird hashrates when cgmon starts sgminer.  Where can I change the command from the cgmon script starting the program to just running "mine restart" as root?  I think the script already runs as the root user.
Activity: 34
Hi,

if I add the following to the end of the cgminer command in cgmon-mine.sh shouldn't it capture the output?

2>> ~/log/_cgminer_log.txt

I want to be able to track whenever a pool failover happens.

This creates the log file but nothing is written to it.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Hi Jdape....Im enjoying the newer versions of cgmon so far (01b16)!

a quick bug report:

1) The rebooting of the rig if hasrate or pool is not communicating is a great thing. Only i did experiment it and i found that if the internet connection is not back after the reboot it will keep trying to reboot sgminer instead of rebooting the rig. Wouldn't it be better to reboot the rig, in case it has an issue?

Thanks for the report!

Maybe.  If one reboot didn't fix it, is another going to?  We probably don't want a rig to keep rebooting over and over.

3) Is it possible to add a scrypt (optional to user) to reboot the rig once in a while. Im not sure about this, but is it possible that we are stuck on old shares? Ive noticed i am more productive when i reboot the rig once in a while. Maybe rebooting the rig 3-4 times a day isn't a bad idea, considering Ubuntu takes less than a minute to reboot.

Thx again!

You can use a shell script like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/shutdown -r now

Pop that in a file, chmod +x it, then add it to /etc/crontab to reboot every so many hours.
Activity: 9
Try changing line 27 in your tcl script.

Code:
set pool(address1) "maxpool.1gh.com:17333"

The scrypt assumes the stratum pool protocol.

Thanks, I'll try this ASAP when I get home :3

This wasn't my problem as stated in the last post. I found the problem though.

When I ran it, I used
Code:
sudo sh cgmon.tcl
But I should use
Code:
sudo chmod +x cgmon.tcl
./cgmon.tcl

But thanks for the help Smiley
Unfortunately, It did not work. Still getting the same exact error. Might it be that it doesn't expect a "(" and that I should mod the code so it doesn't have any ( on that line? I guess I could do that.

Code:

Thanks, I'll try this ASAP when I get home :3
Activity: 11
Can someone please tell us a brief guide how to use Cgmon?

I am a total newbie to Linux and i use ltcrabbit OS (it is written BAM everywhere) from usb.

What is this tcl file? And how will i use it?

Does CG mon has a Graphical Interface?
Does it have auto intensity to drop gpu heat?
Does it have any control over gpu fans? (Because my gpu fans jumps %100 and it stays %100 even if i stop cgminer)

Thanks in advence.

Briefly we need a simple user guide as  newbies
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

Code:

Hey, I am also having a problem getting this to work properly.
When I try to launch cgmon.tcl it gives me this error:
Code:
miner@miner:~$ sudo sh cgmon.tcl
cgmon.tcl: 27: cgmon.tcl: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

This is currently how my crontab file looks:
Code:
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# m h dom mon dow user  command
17 *    * * *   root    cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
25 6    * * *   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
47 6    * * 7   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
52 6    1 * *   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )
#
*/2 * * * *     root    /home/miner/cgmon.tcl >/dev/null 2>&1

And here is a link to my edited version of the cgmon.tcl
http://pastebin.com/xLzhYvpC

I'd apprecciate all and any help. Thank you.
Hey there!  I have cgmon installed. And I can run it manually, check the log and the manual run is logged. However, it will not run via cron. I have set up the cron as:

* * * * *        root     /home/cgmon.tcl

My cgmon file is located in /home.   So I feel that I have done everything right. But for some reason the cron is not running.  Btw I am using BAMT.  I would sincerely appreciate any help I could get.

Have you made sure cron is actually running on your system?  If so try adding
Code:
>/dev/null 2>&1
to the end of your cgmon cron config.

Hi Jdape....Im enjoying the newer versions of cgmon so far (01b16)!

a quick bug report:

1) The rebooting of the rig if hasrate or pool is not communicating is a great thing. Only i did experiment it and i found that if the internet connection is not back after the reboot it will keep trying to reboot sgminer instead of rebooting the rig. Wouldn't it be better to reboot the rig, in case it has an issue?

2) I dont put the /dev/null 2>&1 at the end of the cronjob and it works. Just thought i'd mention it

3) Is it possible to add a scrypt (optional to user) to reboot the rig once in a while. Im not sure about this, but is it possible that we are stuck on old shares? Ive noticed i am more productive when i reboot the rig once in a while. Maybe rebooting the rig 3-4 times a day isn't a bad idea, considering Ubuntu takes less than a minute to reboot.

Thx again!
Hey there!  I have cgmon installed. And I can run it manually, check the log and the manual run is logged. However, it will not run via cron. I have set up the cron as:

My cgmon file is located in /home.   So I feel that I have done everything right. But for some reason the cron is not running.  Btw I am using BAMT.  I would sincerely appreciate any help I could get.

Have you made sure cron is actually running on your system?  If so try adding
Code:
>/dev/null 2>&1
to the end of your cgmon cron config.
just sent you 10 coins big boy. Thanks Jdape!

Wow!  Confirmed.  Thank you! Smiley

Wow!  Confirmed.  Thank you! Smiley
Can I use it in Mac OSX?

how can I build one for osx?

thanks

Yes, it should work in OSX (I just fixed one small issue for OSX.  Try the latest  version.)  Everything needed is already installed.  Just follow the instructions at the top of the script.
Activity: 6
Activity: 1
Thanks for writing this script.

I have a question regarding usage with BAMT. Are people integrating this with the BAMT mine start/stop script at all? After reading the thread a couple times I am not clear on this aspect.

I would like to use cgmon to do the actual monitoring of cgminer and carry out the necessary tasks for sick/dead/low hashrate scenarios, but continue to use the BAMT start/stop scripts for management of the miner.

Thanks for any insight.
Pages:
Jump to: