Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 26. (Read 402304 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
Hi,

Is it possible to delay the miner autostart after CGWatcher starts?

Cheers.

My question is similar to this.  I just began using CGWatcher 2 days ago on two different systems (one running water cooled 5870 and 5830, the other running a BFL Jalapeno) and have noticed an error with both of them at least once.  I have mine configured to restart the miner if there are no accepted shares within 2 minutes.  However, when it does to restart the miner, it says that it does not get a response from CGMiner.  From the best I can tell, it is trying to restart the program too quickly and the process hasnt cleared all the way out of windows just yet so it fails on the restart.

Is there any way to set this up to either 1) keep trying to restart it? or 2) Set a delay on sending the restart command (i.e. first shut CGMiner down, then wait 30 seconds before restarting)?

Other than that, great utility.  Has helped with the random driver crashes I have been having with my GPU rig.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Hi,

Is it possible to delay the miner autostart after CGWatcher starts?

Cheers.
Activity: 406

There is also a donation mining option in the Schedule tab, so please consider donating some mining time to this project if you're not one of the dozen users who sent donations.

Great idea!  Users should hopefully be donating.  I understand that you have put a ton of hours into this and it is a great program... well, it will be once all the kinks are worked out, but I have faith in ya Smiley

EDIT:  Just joking!  The new 1.1.9.0 works great now!  Thank you so much for this great program Smiley

Just tried to do the donation mining and it failed though...

I'll be sending you an LTC donation soon. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
There were still some issues with batch files in the last version, so I am hoping they are fixed in 1.1.9. I rewrote quite a bit of the code responsible for starting and communicating with the miner, but if you have issues I'll try to get them fixed quickly.

There is also a donation mining option in the Schedule tab, so please consider donating some mining time to this project if you're not one of the dozen users who sent donations.

Humax: It should... it should not have any effect on how the miner works with proxies.

Activity: 203
The law of the universe!
Does this also work with a mining proxy?
CGWatcher & CGRemote
If you're using CGWatcher with .bat or .cmd files to launch the miner, please make sure you're using 1.1.8.0c as it has some important fixes for handling these files correctly.

Any bugs or problems can be posted here, on the download page, or sent to the email in the Readme.
Damnsammit: Sorry, this was a bug. The bug was saving the .bat filename in the .bat file instead of the .exe filename. This should be fixed now in 1.1.7.0a.

It may still save the entire file path of the .exe file. The same with config files... it may save the entire config file filename inside the .bat file as well. This won't cause any problems and was not causing the problem before, but I'll work on having it not do this if you prefer. I can't promise how soon, but I'll put it on the list.

Sounds perfect!  I'll have to give it a try when I get home.  I don't think it would matter if it saves the file path, just doesn't need to have a batch file that executes itself infinitely.  Thanks again for the hard work!  Grin
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Damnsammit: Sorry, this was a bug. The bug was saving the .bat filename in the .bat file instead of the .exe filename. This should be fixed now in 1.1.7.0a.

It may still save the entire file path of the .exe file. The same with config files... it may save the entire config file filename inside the .bat file as well. This won't cause any problems and was not causing the problem before, but I'll work on having it not do this if you prefer. I can't promise how soon, but I'll put it on the list.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Thanks im going to give it a try
Just downloaded the latest version 1.1.7.0 and it is still giving me the following problem:

When setting up my profiles (one for BTC, LTC, and FTC) it edited my batch files to include the directory and the batch file name, causing cgminer to try to open a batch that opened a batch, that opened a batch, etc...

Not sure if anyone else has noted this, but the only way I found around it was to just cross my fingers and hope that it started up.  I tried manually editing the batch files, but it seemed like it kept adding it back in there.  I suppose I could just not use batch files and put all of those settings into the config.

rnr
Activity: 247
Thanks! Great work! The fastest setup and understanding of an software tool ever  Tongue

Maybe you can add an function for schedule the Intensity based on time. For example: At midday the sun is heating-up the house/room a lot in fact of really bad insulating. In this time i like to reduce the Intensity automatically.

Now waiting for CGRemote.
Activity: 17
Good job on the latest update of CGMiner. Do you develop on freenode?
Activity: 155
Should i use cgminer or cgwatcher..Huh

You use them both.  CGwatcher is a tool to help automate Cgminer amoung other things.
Should i use cgminer or cgwatcher..Huh
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Version 1.1.7 is up. See original post for changes, and as always please let me know if you experience any issues. Also, please consider donating if you find it helpful. Additional donation options have been added in the About tab.

Among many fixes and improvements,  new scheduling option has been added allowing you to set CGWatcher to increase intensity when your computer is idle. When you come back to the computer it will return intensities to their original values.

pluMmet: Hopefully. I'm not able to open-source it yet because parts of the code are being used in another project, but when I do hopefully someone can port it. I have no Linux experience.
Activity: 588
Will we ever see a Linux version?
CGWatcher & CGRemote
See the original post or download page for more information.

New in version 1.1.6.0:
  • ASIC/FPGA devices are shown. Clicking on a device's ID button will open device details. Note: Some ASICs may currently appear as FPGAs. This is due to the miner reporting them that way, which may be due to their configuration. This should improve with newer miner versions. Also, I don't currently have FPGA or ASIC, so support was based on test results I received which in most cases were all one type of device and did not include GPUs... so there may be issues that need to be worked out in some cases. In other words... this is beta ASIC and FPGA support.
  • Included hardware errors share percentages on status tab (these will not be included in the Total Shares monitor option)
  • Corrected overheat protection type to only apply miner protection if auto-gpu is used, as the miner does not use temp-cutoff without it.
  • GPUs must have temperatures (1 - 150) to be considered valid. Although this is a very conservative range, it will prevent constant restarts if temperatures are invalid (> 150) and assumes anything beyond that is invalid.
  • Tabs can be navigated using function keys (F1-F11)
  • Fixed potential problem created by BFGMiner returning Name=OCL instead of Name=GPU for GPUs in API commands.
  • Support for 64-bit miners added.
  • OpenCLNet.dll rebuilt so the original file will not work with 1.1.6 and beyond. If you're copying over an existing version, make sure to copy over the new OpenCLNET.dll.
  • Additional check that active profile's miner path is valid before attempting to start miner to make it clearer for new users that this needs to be set prior to starting the miner (unless CGWatcher finds the miner on its own on first run.)
  • Fixed BFGMiner version not being reported.
  • Fixed CGWatcher improperly reporting that it was providing overheat protection if overheat protection was disabled in the INI file.
  • Enabling/Disabling overheat protection can now be done in the Monitor tab.
  • Strategy displayed in Pools tab.
  • device option available in Config File Editor again since it has been fixed in cgminer 3.2.1. The option's description explains that < 3.2.1 only allow for one GPU, so arguments must be used for more than one. The device option now applies to all devices, not just GPUs, as per cgminer 3.2.1 changelog.
  • Validate before saving option added to Config File Editor (enabled by default) can be disabled if your culture settings cause problems with validating settings before saving.

If you experience any issues, please let me know (although I'm going to bed at the moment so won't be around til morning). CGWatcher now runs as a 32-bit or 64-bit application depending on the operating system, and I didn't have a 32-bit OS to test on so if you do and could let me know if it works/doesn't work correctly, I'd appreciate it.
Activity: 31
but this is not a CGWatcher issue so I can't guarantee it is something I can fix.

I know this is cgminer - was just hoping you might have some insight. I haven't tried anything above 1000, but I imagine it would work from what I'm reading. With afterburner I am given the option to go down to 650, and it works. But cgminer fights with afterburner...
Activity: 29
For whatever it's worth, I can't bring my memory clocks under a thousand either (Overdrive and MSI Afterburner alike). Either freezes or just doesn't stick. Using two MSI 7950s.
Pages:
Jump to: