Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHALLENGE] Who wants to be a millionaire ? - page 2. (Read 775 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
Wow, I am amazed but your winning streak, man you are still in a run and I think you'll have to celebrate after 10 wins, you are just one win away.
To be frank, this is really a hard mission, and if you keep winning, you might be tested pretty well once you are close to victory.

Are you planning to stop the experiment if your streak will be broken?
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Honestly, this is pointless op. Higher odds are always better than low odds and history has proven that with literally every sport. Low odds are just a psychological way of assuring yourself that you will never lose and I have been there.

This is the same as betting on x1.01 multiplier in gambling though research improves the odds in sports betting. Instead, I would focus on trying to stitch together a 10-round 2.0 odds accumulator by betting a single dollar which would not require a ton of time and it is far more entertaining.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang
#9 l Volleyball l GER1 l BR Volleys - Eltmann l BR Volleys ML l 1,03 l 123,15 l Bet365

WON

Bank: 126,84 Euro
W-L: 9-0
Average odds: 1,03

#10 l Football l MLS l Atlanta vs Toronto l lay 0-2 (@40) l 1,02 l 126,84 l Betfair

Conference Final. Atlanta never fails to score at home, while Toronto struggles most of the time to keep a clean sheet. Atlanta has their faboulous four (Martinez, Martinez, Barco, Gressel) available for this match, while Toronto's Jozy Altidore is still questionable with a squad strain. Even if he will return to the pitch today, he won't be at 100% and Toronto will most likely keep on struggling offensively.

legendary
#birdgang
GL bro! Cheesy I didnt see your challenge until now and whats funny about it - First thing I saw was todays Bayern pick and minutes before that I saw they were still 1-0 behind. Grin Way to go but I can already smell the Million! Cheesy

ευχαριστώ, way to go indeed Grin

#8 l Football l CUPGER l Bochum vs Bayern l Bayern X2 l 1,03 l 119,56 l Betago

WON

This was pretty close and probably a poor choice. Bochum was in front until 83rd minute. Better to stick with home teams in the end, cup matches and away teams are recipe for disaster Roll Eyes

Bank: 123,15 Euro
W-L: 8-0

#9 l Volleyball l GER1 l BR Volleys - Eltmann l BR Volleys ML l 1,03 l 123,15 l Bet365

BR Volleys are pretty solid side in Germany, always among Top3 in recent years. Eltmann promoted this season and managed to get their first win of the season in the last round in convincing fashion with 3-0 sets. Nevertheless there is always huge quality difference between well established top teams and freshly promoted teams in these leagues. Eltmann can maybe snatch a set, but that should be it.

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1363
www.gosubetting.com
GL bro! Cheesy I didnt see your challenge until now and whats funny about it - First thing I saw was todays Bayern pick and minutes before that I saw they were still 1-0 behind. Grin Way to go but I can already smell the Million! Cheesy
legendary
#birdgang
#7 l Football l ENG1 l Liverpool vs Tottenham l lay 0-1 (@34) l 1,03 l 116,28 l Betfair

WON

Bank: 119,56 Euro
W-L: 7-0

Nothing caught my attention yesterday, so better not to rush things.

#8 l Football l CUPGER l Bochum vs Bayern l Bayern X2 l 1,03 l 119,56 l Betago

Unless this is fixed, I can't see Bochum winning inside 90 minutes. They will give a good fight and probably score 1-2 goals, but Bayern is just Bayern.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
#6 l Handball l SWE1 l Skanela vs Bodens l Skanela win l 1,02 l 114,00 l  Expekt

WON

Bank: 116,28 Euro
W-L: 6-0

#7 l Football l ENG1 l Liverpool vs Tottenham l lay 0-1 (@34) l 1,03 l 116,28 l Betfair

Six straight wins and going to the seventh if this game also turned into the winning list. Not bad doing your strategy, it's doable indeed though same with the thoughts that possible upset can happened but with your good understanding and right choices of games to bet, it would be an interesting run to follow. Good luck to you and keep sharing those quality pick that you'll going to bet with.
legendary
#birdgang
#6 l Handball l SWE1 l Skanela vs Bodens l Skanela win l 1,02 l 114,00 l  Expekt

WON

Bank: 116,28 Euro
W-L: 6-0

#7 l Football l ENG1 l Liverpool vs Tottenham l lay 0-1 (@34) l 1,03 l 116,28 l Betfair
legendary
#birdgang
#5 l Am. Football l NCAAF l Alabama+Clemson l Home win parlay l 1,04 l 109,57 l Leonbets

WON

Bank: 114,00 Euro
W-L: 5-0

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1282
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
You can also try some live games betting... if you follow some games or fights
Odds can be low and you have better odds to win
Activity: 3010
Merit: 794
So you do say that you would exclude out womens basketball out of your selections?

No. In general I would be careful with low odds in Basketball, unless you know your stuff. If I had to touch low odds in Basketball without deeper knowledge about the teams and league, I would look for home teams in womens Basketball in smallish leagues.
And here we go:

legendary
#birdgang
So you do say that you would exclude out womens basketball out of your selections?

No. In general I would be careful with low odds in Basketball, unless you know your stuff. If I had to touch low odds in Basketball without deeper knowledge about the teams and league, I would look for home teams in womens Basketball in smallish leagues.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 794
In the spirit of your challenge--as an experiment I indiscriminately added ~75 matches that were around 1.05 odds or below that start within the next week. They should all win.  Let's see what happens! https://pastebin.com/zh8AK6Xr https://www.oddsportal.com/profile/lowexperiment/ Will update with the result here.

Looks like one team already layed an egg Grin

Those short odds in Basketball are not worth it anyway imo, unless you really know those teams and have some information about injuries, motivation etc. Every now and then a team has a streaky shooting day, where they basically can't miss and the other team has an off-day. Nothing to do about that then. I would only thouch those kind of odds in womens Basketball (and for home teams).
Seems like this one would follow  on the first one.

legendary
#birdgang
In the spirit of your challenge--as an experiment I indiscriminately added ~75 matches that were around 1.05 odds or below that start within the next week. They should all win.  Let's see what happens! https://pastebin.com/zh8AK6Xr https://www.oddsportal.com/profile/lowexperiment/ Will update with the result here.

Looks like one team already layed an egg Grin

Those short odds in Basketball are not worth it anyway imo, unless you really know those teams and have some information about injuries, motivation etc. Every now and then a team has a streaky shooting day, where they basically can't miss and the other team has an off-day. Nothing to do about that then. I would only thouch those kind of odds in womens Basketball (and for home teams).
Activity: 714
Merit: 108
..I dont see a low risk route to that except by guessing really long odds on a combination bet.
The challenge is actually a form of a combination bet, it's very similar. It's known as a mechanical parlay. What is this? With a normal parlay you'd choose X amount of games and add them to your bet slip. This is all fine and dandy, but what if you wanted to combine future events with no odds posted, or combine props that are normally not allowed? A mechanical parlay is where you place one bet and roll the winnings into consecutive bets. For example, say you wanted to create a parlay betting against the (absolutely atrocious) Miami Dolphins in the NFL for their first five games. Another example of this is if you took a player in a tennis tournament, say Rafa Nadal at Roland-Garros (where he is dominant), and bet on him to win every match, rolling the winnings into the next match. This may pay out more than betting on Nadal outright in futures to win the tournament.

Agreed, it's definitely a long shot to make 10,000X on any investment. This is essentially a 466 leg parlay, each leg with 1.02 avg odds. So far so good though, 0.8% towards the goal. I'd hold off on deciding which island to purchase: https://www.privateislandsonline.com/ Praia do Algodão looks like a nice place to settle Grin
Activity: 2968
Merit: 687
I agree with op that it will be more emotional and difficult once the amount reaches to 5 digits (maybe even 4).

I would split the bet up rather just one amount one bet.  'how easy it is to become a millionaire with betting'   Never thought this because the odds have to be against me for the house or operation running the game to make a profit but the only way I know is to place a bet and lay away the risk then benefit from various bonus offers given.   Otherwise its just a case of spotting odds where the crowd is wrong, glory supporting a big team or something which is at least occasionally possible; none of that adds upto a plan for a million really and I dont see a low risk route to that except by guessing really long odds on a combination bet.

He can divide if the capital reaches even with 4 digits to speed up the process somehow.Even though winnings aren't really that big
compared on on spot one bet but this way do lessen up the risk on losing up all the amounts he hardly able to reach.This will take time
if we do decide to stick up with this odds.Slowly but surely? Most likely but as said where theres no guarantee on winning anytime even on the
smallest odd where you do bet.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
I agree with op that it will be more emotional and difficult once the amount reaches to 5 digits (maybe even 4).

I would split the bet up rather just one amount one bet.  'how easy it is to become a millionaire with betting'   Never thought this because the odds have to be against me for the house or operation running the game to make a profit but the only way I know is to place a bet and lay away the risk then benefit from various bonus offers given.   Otherwise its just a case of spotting odds where the crowd is wrong, glory supporting a big team or something which is at least occasionally possible; none of that adds upto a plan for a million really and I dont see a low risk route to that except by guessing really long odds on a combination bet.

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500
#4 l Football l NED2 l Grafschaap vs Dordrecht l lay 0-0 l 1,02 (lay @42) l 107,10 l Betfair

WON

Bank: 109,57 Euro
W-L: 4-0
Average odds: 1,02

#5 l Am. Football l NCAAF l Alabama+Clemson l Home win parlay l 1,04 l 109,57 l Leonbets

#1 and #2 ranked teams at home against unranked teams. Handicap for both over -30. Since both games start nearly at the same time and Leonbets has highest odds for both (some bookies don't even offer ML) one can parlay these two, which I will do. Can't see any upset here, though miracles happen from time to time in College Football Cheesy

Great going bro, already you reach four steps in goal and i wish you reach your final step as soon as possible, and here my sad story just now happened where I placed a bet in Southampton VS Leicester game 1st half goals totals under 4.5 selected odds as 1.15 but I lose my bet in final two minutes.
legendary
#birdgang
#4 l Football l NED2 l Grafschaap vs Dordrecht l lay 0-0 l 1,02 (lay @42) l 107,10 l Betfair

WON

Bank: 109,57 Euro
W-L: 4-0
Average odds: 1,02

#1 and #2 ranked teams at home against unranked teams. Handicap for both over -30. Since both games start nearly at the same time and Leonbets has highest odds for both (some bookies don't even offer ML) one can parlay these two, which I will do. Can't see any upset here, though miracles happen from time to time in College Football Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
Three wins in a row, this is expected at 1.02 odds.

Once you get to a couple dozen wins in a row you'll be beating the odds.

That being said, if you somehow manage to pull this off and make $1 million while recording your bets in this thread religiosly, this thread will go down in history as one of the most epic on Bitcointalk.

Good luck, you will need it.
Pages:
Jump to: