Pages:
Author

Topic: ChangeNow.io Illegally holding my 10Ethereum for months and Failed to cooperate - page 2. (Read 315 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
I provided ChangeNow with all the details needed to identify the exchange which it means changeNow were aware about the exchange I was talking about, so they said that they require Law Enforcement involvement in order to return the funds. ( I have solid proof of them saying that/ChatTranscript as proof)
also On Sep 2021 they asked to send them the letter " Return of Stolen Funds"

If ChangeNow dont have my coins, why they promised to return the funds once the police involved and why they asked me to write/send the "Return of stolen Funds" letter?

Can you also provide all evidence that this fund is stolen or unauthorised sent from your account? How anyone can be sure that everything that you claim is true?
which here proves that you didn't actually send the money yourself, so now you're trying to blame others for it?
To be clear, I believe in your words, that all this really happened to you, but you seem to be really blaming the wrong side.

btw. You don't need to create a new post for each reply. you can it is needed put all the answers together in one post.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Emma (ChangeNOW)
Sep 21, 2021, 20:57 GMT+3
Hi,

From your letter with the attached email ==== I understood that "Your local police can do this without needing ‘permission’ from ==="  So that means, that your local police can provide us with the valid request or a hard copy to our postal address:
Amsterdam, Kraanspoor 50, 1033 SE, Netherlands
This request must contain:
- exact amount of *coin*;
- *coin* address where we should issue a refund to;
- main reason for a request: "Return of the stolen assets";
- signatures, stamps, and other relevant insignia verifying the authenticity of the requesting body or official.

We would also like to ask that this request:
- is addressed specifically to our exchange service - ChangeNOW.

We would like to recommend you prepare the request and send us a copy via email, so we can verify it and confirm that everything is correct.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.

With kindest regards,
ChangeNOW Support Team

Max (ChangeNOW)
Sep 22, 2021, 16:01 GMT+3
Hi,
Thank you for waiting.

Could you please clarify the details of the transaction and exchange, as well as why you believe that the transaction is related to ChangeNOW. Thank you in advance!

From your letter with the attached email == I understood that "Your local police can do this without needing ‘permission’ from ==="  So that means, that your local police can provide us with the valid request or a hard copy to our postal address:
Amsterdam, Kraanspoor 50, 1033 SE, Netherlands
This request must contain:
- exact amount of *coin*;
- *coin* address where we should issue a refund to;
- main reason for a request: "Return of the stolen assets";
- signatures, stamps, and other relevant insignia verifying the authenticity of the requesting body or official.

We would also like to ask that this request:
- is addressed specifically to our exchange service - ChangeNOW.

With kindest regards,
ChangeNOW Support Team

It's really possible they don't have your coins anymore. They're an instant exchange and once the deposit has enough confirmations, trade is completed within a minute or two UNLESS their system flagged the transaction leading to withholding the funds. Former happens more often than the latter.

ChangeNow team insisted that I would get my funds back once the Law Enforcement Involved(Chat Transcript as proof)
ChangeNow team denied that the address belong to them until Binance confirmed it (ChatTranscript as proof)

On Sep 2021/ ChangeNow requested to write a letter " Return of Stolen Funds" in order to return the funds.

What are your thoughts?

It's really possible they don't have your coins anymore. They're an instant exchange and once the deposit has enough confirmations, trade is completed within a minute or two UNLESS their system flagged the transaction leading to withholding the funds. Former happens more often than the latter.

not only is it possible, but it is. if the transaction is completed, the money is no longer with them, ie they have already sent another that was the subject of exchange.
in all this, their guilt is the least, they are just exchangers. Police and investigation should go to the beginning, at the time the amount of 10ETH was sent from Coinbase. Does Coinbase have any clue how it came about?

Max what ChangeNow can do now is to share the receiver address where the money went. as far as I can see, KYC is not required there, so even from there, there is little chance to find out who is behind the whole transaction.

I provided ChangeNow with all the details needed to identify the exchange which it means changeNow were aware about the exchange I was talking about, so they said that they require Law Enforcement involvement in order to return the funds. ( I have solid proof of them saying that/ChatTranscript as proof)
also On Sep 2021 they asked to send them the letter " Return of Stolen Funds"

If ChangeNow dont have my coins, why they promised to return the funds once the police involved and why they asked me to write/send the "Return of stolen Funds" letter?

Update 17 March 2022

ChangeNow responded to and it seems like they are not returning the funds. ChangeNow noted that they dont have the funds and they dont need police request and They dont need need to verify the ownership of the 10ETH.

Here what ChangeNow said : "We do not need confirmation whether you are the owner of the funds. Moreover, we cannot verify this information. A refund is not possible because ChangeNOW does not withhold your funds."

ChangeNow still refuse to return the 10 ETH therefor It is crystal clear that ChangeNow want to keep the funds to themselves.

They clearly stated they don't hold your 10 ETH, it's likely by 17 March 2022 the thief already complete the exchange process and send the money elsewhere. IMO what you could do is press them for more information about exchange process done by the thief.

The Law enforcement /Cybercrime unit involved and they contacted ChangeNow where The Cybercrime investigator noted that ChangeNow communicated like bots with repetitive replays and ChangeNow failed to provide them with info. Which it means they are hiding something and in the scenario where the exchange was completed then they are covring the thief tracks or simply they are involved.

again, Why they promised to return the funds once the police involved taking into consideration they have all the detail about the exchange/transaction?

Max what ChangeNow can do now is to share the receiver address where the money went.

Good idea. If the scammer is dumb, they might use the same address again or actually, they might have already used it in a KYC'd exchange account. Although changenow has probably included the address in their network of blocklist, it's not everything. What OP can do is to make the rounds themselves in as many exchanges as they can although it's gonna be a tedious task.

Good idea.
Do read the email where ChangeNow made the decision to return the funds.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
Max what ChangeNow can do now is to share the receiver address where the money went.

Good idea. If the scammer is dumb, they might use the same address again or actually, they might have already used it in a KYC'd exchange account. Although changenow has probably included the address in their network of blocklist, it's not everything. What OP can do is to make the rounds themselves in as many exchanges as they can although it's gonna be a tedious task.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098

not only is it possible, but it is. if the transaction is completed, the money is no longer with them, ie they have already sent another that was the subject of exchange.
in all this, their guilt is the least, they are just exchangers. Police and investigation should go to the beginning, at the time the amount of 10ETH was sent from Coinbase. Does Coinbase have any clue how it came about?

Max what ChangeNow can do now is to share the receiver address where the money went. as far as I can see, KYC is not required there, so even from there, there is little chance to find out who is behind the whole transaction.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
An unauthorized transaction occurred when Someone illegally moved 10 Ethereum from my Coinbase account and the final destination of the stolen Ethereum is ChangeNow.io .

After the investigation, It turned out that the address belong to Binance Exchange So Binance team contacted and they confirmed that :

0xa305fab8bda7e1638235b054889b3217441dd645 is a Binance account owned by ChangeNow.io

in other meaning :

Bianance.com confirmed that 0xa305fab8bda7e1638235b054889b3217441dd645 belong to changenow.io

https://etherscan.io/address/0xa305fab8bda7e1638235b054889b3217441dd645#comments

The final destination/The Receiver of My stolen Ethereum is ChangeNow.io ,

ChangeNow contacted by myself and They promised to return and refund the Stolen Ethereum once the Law Enforcement involved because they wanted strong proofs that the funds belong to me.

ChangeNow.io asked me to provide them with the "Return of Stolen Funds" letter where

This request must contain:- exact amount of *coin*;- *coin* address where we should issue a refund to;- main reason for a request: "Return of the stolen assets";- signatures, stamps, and other relevant insignia verifying the authenticity of the requesting body or official.

The letter were sent to the address provided by changenow.io team but No Refund. It turns out that the address provided does not exist in the Netherlands and the information was confirmed by the Dutch Financial Authorities (AFM)

When The police were finally involved ,The CyberCrime unit Investigator contacted Coinbase where they got info about the exchange

The Police investigator contacted Binance and Binance noted that ChangeNow.io is the final destination of the funds and redirected the police to ChangeNow.io

The police contacted ChangeNow.io team willing to identify the suspect and return my Ethereum, It turned out that ChangeNow.io team communicated with the investigator as robots/Bots with replies that contains generic emails.

The police report back where they noted that unfortunately with the lack of info from ChangeNow.io and they way ChangeNow.io team communicated with them they are Skeptical about ChangeNow.io being a legit Exchange. .

The police noted that they dealt with similar cases and they made it clear that Known Exchanges all the time cooperate with the police and in my case it seems that I am dealing with Unknown exchange,potentially a Scam exchange.

Please help me understand WHY ChangeNow.io illegally refused to return my stolen Ethereum knowing Proofs and police involvement provided

-------------------------------------------------------------Updates----------------------------------------

Updates 16 March 2022 :

All the Evidence/Proofs requested to prove the ownership of 10 ETH " from Coinbase transaction history Screenshots and 4 Videos " were sent to ChangeNow .

Now waiting for response.

=============================================================================

Update 17 March 2022

ChangeNow responded to and it seems like they are not returning the funds. ChangeNow noted that they dont have the funds and they dont need police request and They dont need need to verify the ownership of the 10ETH.

Here what ChangeNow said : "We do not need confirmation whether you are the owner of the funds. Moreover, we cannot verify this information. A refund is not possible because ChangeNOW does not withhold your funds."

ChangeNow still refuse to return the 10 ETH therefor It is crystal clear that ChangeNow want to keep the funds to themselves.

==================================================================================

Update 18 March 2022

ChangeNow was contacted again but no response. They still did not return my 10 ETH.

ChangeNow.io , I remind you that I provided you with all the evidence including the police/Cybercrime invistigators involvement just as you requested.

=================================================================================

Update 23 March 2022

ChangeNow team keep saying that they are redirecting my Emails to the Compliance Department for further communication but still got replies from the support team which makes it clear that ChangeNow dont have a so called "Compliance Department" and not willing to communicate to solve my case and Return my 10 Ethereum.

That is ChangeNow reply when asked about the Compliance department: " I can't go into technical details, but you get responses from a support email address. That's how it works. "

In Other way,ChangeNow want to say " We have Your 10 Ethereum and we are not going to return it to you"

==================================================================================

Updates 05 April 2022

ChangeNow.io trying to finds every opportunity to not return my Ethereum. It does not take a genius to see their bad intentions to keep the funds illegally! It does not make sense that ChangeNow received all the exchange details, verified it,then requested Law Enforcement involvement and in Sep 2021 you made decision to return the funds and lately ChangeNow saying it was possible to Guess the transaction"

Are they taking a piss! What a Load of BS!

Here ChangeNow reply : Apr 1, 2022

As I mentioned earlier, it was impossible to guess which transaction you were talking about at the "address" you provided, so we requested documents.

Best regards,
ChangeNOW Team
Pages:
Jump to: