Pages:
Author

Topic: Charlie Shrem, the Vice Chairman of Bitcoin Foundation Arrested - page 2. (Read 5261 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Let me ask you something, why the hell is bitcoin tanking after such an event if we have this entire economy behind it?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25919482

Looks like Mr. Shrem wasn't directly involved in something illegal. He is guilty for not notifying the Gov. about a suspicious buying of coins on bitinstant whatever that means.

You're in da office, baby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYBzlTqIHY
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
So let's say you own an exchange, and some criminal launders some money there you're pretty much fucked.

No.

Read the article plebs. Charlie allegedly:
1) Bought drugs on the internet (they got proof, apparently)
2) Operate an unlicensed money service business
3) Knowingly laundered money (they got proof, apparently)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
So let's say you own an exchange, and some criminal launders some money there you're pretty much fucked.

no, read the emails. he knew the guy was doing this and he was actually helping him to get around the company's monitoring system etc.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

I doubt it's that simple, they're not stupid.

They obviously have some proof he was actually collaboration with someone that was hanging around SR.

It's similar charge like against that Liberty Reserve guy.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Looks like Mr. Shrem wasn't directly involved in something illegal. He is guilty for not notifying the Gov. about a suspicious buying of coins on bitinstant whatever that means.

He was:
http://rt.com/usa/bitcoin-operator-exchange-arrested-257/
(rt provides a link to the official statement from the justice department)

facing 25 years in a small room with a toilet and a desk (if lucky).

wow, even me could be his lawyer ... is there a movie script around (about) ?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
Although this news seems bearish at first glance, it's actually quite bullish for bitcoin. The FBI/DEA have drawn the line in the sand and are pursuing folks who are engaging or supporting the sale of illegal drugs using bitcoins. They look at bitcoin as a morally nuetral technology that can have many different purposes, just like the internet. They'll crack down on drug use and bitcoin will look even better once it is less associated with illegal activities.

After all, they've done such a good job at preventing drug purchases with fiat.
Activity: 140
Hoist the Colours

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Mark Karpeles is next.

That pig needs to be put in jail as well.

+1
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Although this news seems bearish at first glance, it's actually quite bullish for bitcoin. The FBI/DEA have drawn the line in the sand and are pursuing folks who are engaging or supporting the sale of illegal drugs using bitcoins. They look at bitcoin as a morally nuetral technology that can have many different purposes, just like the internet. They'll crack down on drug use and bitcoin will look even better once it is less associated with illegal activities.
Activity: 196
I was going to say that he was a bit short sighted travelling to america, but then I thought that if he stayed where he was out of their jurisdiction drones with rockets would soon be overhead killing innocents.

So now I see it was a brave move to give himself up.

Activity: 140
Hoist the Colours

Is this confirmed? With the US gov. trying to keep banks in check since the 2008 debacle one would think they had one eye on BTC. After all even HSBC wasn't safe from the gov. when they were laundering drug money Surely he must have known there was too much heat to do anything remotely illegal with BTC.

Somebody mentioned it before when Silkroad got busted you need street smarts to play criminal.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
He is now a cancer to the whole bitcoin community.

Just because some criminals grabbed him and put him in a cage? Would you please stop all this nonsense? Smoking things and and selling things doesn't make one a criminal. And as for Charlie, I don't even think he was deliberately involved in trading with drug dealers, apart from maybe buying a tiny little bit of something.

He is a cancer, the bitcoin foundation cant be seen to bump shoulders with criminals, he is now officially a cancer!

CONFIRMED!
Activity: 181
He is now a cancer to the whole bitcoin community.

Just because some criminals grabbed him and put him in a cage? Would you please stop all this nonsense? Smoking things and and selling things doesn't make one a criminal. And as for Charlie, I don't even think he was deliberately involved in trading with drug dealers, apart from maybe buying a tiny little bit of something.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
This is stupid charge unless they have explicit proof that he was part of some organized crime group.

Hopefully, he didn't left his coins on laptop too though, who would listen all those trolls and their crap about FBI coins sales Tongue

It sure sounds like they have lots of email evidence that he knowingly corroborated with BTCKing.

Seems like that to me!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
This is stupid charge unless they have explicit proof that he was part of some organized crime group.

Hopefully, he didn't left his coins on laptop too though, who would listen all those trolls and their crap about FBI coins sales Tongue

It sure sounds like they have lots of email evidence that he knowingly corroborated with BTCKing.
Does this mean that anyone can be basically charged with money laundering  Huh

Of course. "The powers that be" can do whatever the fuck they want. Didn't you know?

my question is ... is he had smoked "Obama" ? lol

DEA Drug Bust Prank!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgEoCmHeAsc

About money laundry ... what kind of temple u belong to Huh

ps-[. religious temples are the best way to laundry money, legally ]
Pages:
Jump to: