Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHART] Bitcoin Inflation vs. Time - page 39. (Read 1163290 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 30, 2014, 11:00:15 AM
in 2030 we will have non-monetary society.. and therefore there will be no inflation..  Roll Eyes
Which, of course, is completely untrue. Everything is scarce, therefore there will always be inflation.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The economics of the future are somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century.
Lily Sloane: No money? You mean, you don't get paid?
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity.

Pure ignorance and stupidity.

The only way such a utopia would be possible is if , humanity discovered some new safe abundant energy source.
At which point wealth becomes abundant.

With an almost unlimited source of energy, humanity has no cap on how much
-Food it could produce
-Energy used per individual

Wealth for an individual is directly proportional to how much energy they can afford to consume.

As technology becomes more energy efficient and we get closer and closer to newer forms of energy (fusion, thorium reactors etc.) we get closer to a day where every human being on the planet can have access to abundant wealth.

At which point the concept of money becomes trivial at best, it wont go away, there will always be value for scarce things of use.... but the need for it will certainly decrease as time goes on.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 30, 2014, 08:58:40 AM
Verry cool charts man ..
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 29, 2014, 07:27:59 AM
My statements are compatible with deflation.

I sell something today at price A, because I had to buy material/components which costed x,y and z and I added my profit (or added value) Q. Therefore A=x+y+z+Q

In a month I sell something at, say, A'=A-15/100*A. I had to buy material which costed, FIFTEEN days before I selle, x'=x-20/100*x , y'=y-20/100*y, z'=z-20/100*z, and I added value Q'=Q+somePercentage/100*Q, so that A'= x'+y'+z' + Q'.

In fact, I sell at a lower prince (which can be defined as defaltion), but I still earn MORE.

I think deflation will make us all richer, apart from politicians and their lacché that will lose a lot of their privileges.

Best regards,
billysweird
Activity: 14
March 16, 2014, 01:42:25 PM
Hey man, this is really nice charts ! Thanks
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
March 15, 2014, 04:44:19 PM
Very good chart! Hopefully it will be used more once the inflation value rises again.
Activity: 6
March 11, 2014, 05:27:32 PM
Thx for the great info!
Activity: 4
March 07, 2014, 11:37:11 PM
Anyway Its cool charts!
Activity: 475
Merit: 255
March 07, 2014, 04:39:27 PM
The non existance inflation in the bitcoin is a problem for some people, which was solved with several altcoins in the past years the dogecoin. Some believe that price Inflation is necessary, so people spend the bitcoins altcoins in investing and not keeping it without use. Giving interest to the people, when they deside to borrow it, so other can invest and not keeping it under the pillow again. I guess some of the transactions will be made with Altcoins - anyway, because they are faster to confirm, although not faster to safely confirm...

What about these corrections?
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
March 07, 2014, 01:41:15 PM
The non existance inflation in the bitcoin is a problem, which was solved with the dogecoin. Inflation is necessary, so people spend the bitcoins in investing and not keeping it without use. Giving interest to the people, when they deside to borrow it, so other can invest and not keeping it under the pillow again. I guess the transactions will be made with Altcoins - anyway, because they are faster...
Activity: 644
Merit: 503
March 06, 2014, 02:01:42 PM
This future inflation rate is rather confusing since it is not exactly stable change rate. How can you determine future sudden change while the value and moment of change can't be predicted by trend or past changes in any way. Unless there is possibility for it.

I'm not sure I understand your question? We know when the changes will occur (well, we know how many blocks need to be generated before the block reward changes), and we know by how much the reward will change. We're currently at 289227 blocks and the reward is 25BTC; the graphs show that at 420000 blocks this will change to 12.5BTC.

We don't know exactly when the 420000 blocks point will be reached, but the block reward changes roughly every four years. And, of course, as the point approaches we'll be able to it by monitoring the block count.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrencies Exchange
March 06, 2014, 01:52:49 PM
This future inflation rate is rather confusing since it is not exactly stable change rate. How can you determine future sudden change while the value and moment of change can't be predicted by trend or past changes in any way. Unless there is possibility for it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
March 06, 2014, 09:59:04 AM
thanks for graphs, usefull.

+1. Thanks.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
March 05, 2014, 12:57:54 AM
Cool chart...is there something new here? or just mapped in an easy to see way?
March 04, 2014, 05:05:08 PM
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The economics of the future are somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity.
Even in the post-scarcity United Federation of Planets, there is still a scarcity of time, which cannot simply be replicated. Joseph Sisko only serves so many meals each day and only has so many tables at Sisko's Creole Kitchen in New Orleans. If you want a reservation there, you may have to part with something dear to you in exchange for it. It may not be money — it may be your time or a product of your unique talents — but it's still trade, commerce. There is still scarcity in that world. You will never go hungry, but not everyone gets a starship.
And also people are scare. Lets say everyone want to be treted by Beverly Crusher (hey, she is one of the best doctors in the Federation!). But there is only one Beverly Crusher.
And land is scare. There are still wars for territory.

Not anymore they don't. No sir!

I mean... interspecies wars. Not within UFP.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
March 04, 2014, 02:27:43 PM
Even in the post-scarcity United Federation of Planets, there is still a scarcity of time, which cannot simply be replicated. Joseph Sisko only serves so many meals each day and only has so many tables at Sisko's Creole Kitchen in New Orleans. If you want a reservation there, you may have to part with something dear to you in exchange for it. It may not be money — it may be your time or a product of your unique talents — but it's still trade, commerce. There is still scarcity in that world. You will never go hungry, but not everyone gets a starship.
And also people are scare. Lets say everyone want to be treted by Beverly Crusher (hey, she is one of the best doctors in the Federation!). But there is only one Beverly Crusher.

Not anymore they don't. No sir!
Activity: 1
March 04, 2014, 11:21:04 AM
yes, it works , in China too.
February 27, 2014, 02:39:58 PM

Activity: 120
Merit: 144
February 25, 2014, 07:54:29 PM
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
February 25, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
in 2030 we will have non-monetary society.. and therefore there will be no inflation..  Roll Eyes
Which, of course, is completely untrue. Everything is scarce, therefore there will always be inflation.

Pure ignorance and stupidity.
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
February 25, 2014, 04:30:49 PM
Pages:
Jump to: