Pages:
Author

Topic: [Chart] Bitcointalk statistics on impression counts for ads - page 2. (Read 947 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 2166
Since another 4 rounds have been completed, I parsed the ad stats and updated all the charts up to the 275th round.

As I can see, in February 2019 there was a dip of impressions. According to the latest data, the indexes look stable, especially "Unique IPs" and "Unique users".
legendary
- The unique IPs from logged-out users are I figure really users who have not logged-in to browse the site. These are nearly eightfold lately, in relation to logged-in users, although there are many variations under the hood (i.e. 1 user -> n IPs; 1 IP -> n Users; user can be logged-in and logged-out during the run, etc.). Even so, if we hypothesise the relation 1:8 to be real, there is still a large potential of users that could at some point proceed to log-in and post.

I think that "logged-out users" means "visitors". In other words, they probably do not have an account on the Bitcointalk forum and come here just to read discussions about crypto currencies, etc.

- The Unique Logged-in Users would be "us" I figure, where the latest reading on the stats (round 271)  indicate that nearly 23K distinct users logged-in during a 10 day period as of late. It would be interesting to know how many distinct IPs are behind, but that is just curiosity.

This is true. We are "unique logged-in users". The All-Time-High of this index has reached on the day the merit system was implemented, on January 24, 2018, and as I can see, the number of active members decreases every month.

I’ts also curios to note that the stats indicate that only 265 users have ads disabled, although this option is only available to Hero, Legendary, Donators, VIPs, and moderators (roughly 6.500 accounts – that is 4% aprox. have adds disabled).
Bitcointalk has one of the least intrusive ads I've seen, I too see no reason to disable them.

I agree. All ads on Bitcointalk look beautiful and are not annoying, so not many high-ranking members have such banners disabled.

Congrats, you deserve it!

Thanks! I have really ranked up. I will endeavor to contribute to the forum. Cool
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
The charts show the evolution there, and I’m curious if they will rise with the BTC price evolution over these past couple of days (we’ll see that in current round 272).
Probably! The visitors graph looks a lot like the Bitcoin price graph, you can quite literally see all the historic price spikes in there.

I’ts also curios to note that the stats indicate that only 265 users have ads disabled, although this option is only available to Hero, Legendary, Donators, VIPs, and moderators (roughly 6.500 accounts – that is 4% aprox. have adds disabled).
Bitcointalk has one of the least intrusive ads I've seen, I too see no reason to disable them.

Coin-1, I merited your post, then realized you only needed 11 more to become Hero Member. Congrats, you deserve it!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 10753
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Nice stats you've created, thanks.

The first charts, related to the number of impressions, are more oriented towards potential advertisers and de-facto advertisers, and give a measure of potential impact in terms of máx. achievable views.

What’s interesting for a broader audience are the charts related to the unique IPs and users:

- The Unique Logged-in Users would be "us" I figure, where the latest reading on the stats (round 271)  indicate that nearly 23K distinct users logged-in during a 10 day period as of late. It would be interesting to know how many distinct IPs are behind, but that is just curiosity.
The charts show the evolution there, and I’m curious if they will rise with the BTC price evolution over these past couple of days (we’ll see that in current round 272).

- The unique IPs from logged-out users are I figure really users who have not logged-in to browse the site. These are nearly eightfold lately, in relation to logged-in users, although there are many variations under the hood (i.e. 1 user -> n IPs; 1 IP -> n Users; user can be logged-in and logged-out during the run, etc.). Even so, if we hypothesise the relation 1:8 to be real, there is still a large potential of users that could at some point proceed to log-in and post.

legendary
legendary
The following charts illustrate the same statistics for only the last 3-4 years in order to view the latest data.

Bitcointalk impression counts for ads
since 2020

This post is relevant for November 24, 2023, and has been updated on November 25, 2023.
legendary
Since October 2011, ads are shown on the Bitcointalk forum. Each round lasts about 7-12 days. There are 10 rotating slots which are sequentially displayed for logged-in users and logged-out visitors. It should be noted that some users who are Hero Members or Legendaries have ads disabled in their profiles.

Since April 2012, the administrator theymos publishes statistics on impression counts for ads:
https://bitcointalk.org/adrotate.php?adstats

Each ad slot has 4 statistical indices:
  • Total impressions
  • Impressions from logged-in users
  • Unique IPs from logged-out users
  • Unique logged-in users

For example:

Round 271

From Mar 20 2019 15:49:07 UTC to Mar 30 2019 21:18:53 UTC (~10.2 days).

• Ad slot #1
  • Total impressions: 3426361
  • Total impressions from logged-in users: 1024362
  • Unique IPs from logged-out users: 162236
  • Unique logged-in users: 22912

There are no statistics of the first 25 rounds. The round 26 ended on April 4, 2012. According to the comment, the round 141 which lasted 15 days in January 2015 has an incomplete data. Since the round 243 which began on May 16, 2018, the "Unique IPs" index has been changed to "Unique IPs from logged-out users" that probably reduced values of this parameter.

It is weird that the round 74 which lasted a week in March 2013 has zero values for all indices. There are no notes related to this round. Perhaps this is an error.

• UPDATE: On September 20, 2022, the administrator decided to suspend ad sales, but these statistical indices are still provided.

The charts below illustrate the dynamics of all indices on average per slot.

Bitcointalk impression counts for ads

The following chart illustrates the daily statistics for the first and the second indices of ad slot.

The chart parameter which is illustrated in blue is calculated by the formula:
Code:
TOTAL_DAILY_IMPRESSIONS =
TOTAL_IMPRESSIONS / ROUND_DURATION_IN_DAYS

The chart parameter which is illustrated in green is calculated by the formula:
Code:
DAILY_IMPRESSIONS_FROM_LOGGED-IN_USERS =
IMPRESSIONS_FROM_LOGGED-IN_USERS / ROUND_DURATION_IN_DAYS

The chart parameter is calculated by the following formula:
Code:
UNIQUE_IPS_FROM_LOGGED-OUT_VISITORS_FOR_ONE_ROUND

The chart parameter is calculated by the following formula:
Code:
UNIQUE_LOGGED-IN_USERS_FOR_ONE_ROUND

Statistical data since the round 27 which began on April 4, 2012, till the round 367 which ended on November 24, 2023, have been parsed and analyzed to create these charts.

This post is relevant for November 24, 2023, and has been updated on November 25, 2023.
Pages:
Jump to: