Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheap electricity for mining Bitcoin - page 12. (Read 31997 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 1
February 25, 2014, 02:18:41 PM
If your 20,000 USD rig consumes 6,000 W of electricity, it would cost you only 860 USD per month total to host it with me. That’s probably what you pay right now only in electricity, excluding other hosting costs. I will reduce the fee by 25% after the first two months when the operation is up and running, and it’s very likely I will reduce fees even further as time goes by. I can further reduce fees significantly because the electricity in Venezuela is virtually free. Your rig can remain profitable even when it cannot pay for electricity where you live.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support
February 25, 2014, 01:18:08 PM
not to be rude, but why would I sent you my $20K rig just to save .20 on electricity?
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
February 25, 2014, 12:44:30 PM
I am building a Bitcoin mining data center in Venezuela, a country with very cheap electricity. I am planning on offering full hosting at first for the equivalent of 0.20 USD per KW/h to cover initial costs, then reducing the fee to 0.15 USD per KW/h, or even lower, including space, Internet, electricity, and cooling. No setup costs. You send the equipment, and we plug it in and set it hashing. I would like to gauge interest in such an arrangement.

Naturally there are some risks. As many of you already know, Venezuela is a country with a hybrid regime, terrible property rights, violent crime, civil unrest, very high inflation, censorship, and electricity brown-outs that are a bit more frequent than they should (1-2 times per month for a couple of hours).

Nonetheless, cheap electricity is what a miner needs, not necessarily a very stable supply. If electricity falters too often, I will install power generators since petrol is extremely cheap in Venezuela as well.

Would you put your miners in Venezuela if I were to offer such a service?
Pages:
Jump to: