Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheapest Rig Frame Built under $25 and 20 min. - page 2. (Read 1119 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 258
Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader
poorly thought out design, no place to mount mobo or anything else. that's not a rig frame. at the very least its only a gpu holder at best. good fire starter though since you used wood

Really? Did you know wood is an insulator and is sued in electrical applications because of it?

DERP

its also catches fire real easy, when you go cheap like that and you've got a room full of rigs in your HOUSE, it only takes 1 of them to malfunction in such a way that your whole house goes up in flames potentially putting not just you in danger but others as well. good way to not think of other peoples well being except for yourself

DERP
Activity: 873
Merit: 268
Good job I just have 2 things on your normal build - since you're doing the building, why put it so high so you have to use zips? Cut it the right length so you can screw the GPU's in .

Also you have room on the sides, move those supports to go over the PSU's, so it gives you a bit more room to spread the GPU's out - the frame is already that width, might as well use it.

great tips. thank you. I am on my 6th rig, perhaps on 7th i will build it that way. but spreading out gpus is  a good idea.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Good job I just have 2 things on your normal build - since you're doing the building, why put it so high so you have to use zips? Cut it the right length so you can screw the GPU's in .

Also you have room on the sides, move those supports to go over the PSU's, so it gives you a bit more room to spread the GPU's out - the frame is already that width, might as well use it.
what an awful build and such a waste of space, btw 2 psu's is a thing of the past nowdays

with 2 psu i was going for cheaper option total cost $170 vs $300+ for 1300watt gold.
what an awful build and such a waste of space, btw 2 psu's is a thing of the past nowdays

@cryptowatcher420

thats my  normal build but it takes 3 hours from design to construct.

please let me know your constructive feedback.

rig complete I am putting a wooden bracket underneath motherboard to mount it.

also i put anti static bag always so it doesn't short circuit.

7 gtx 1070ti = 3450 sols 70%tdp and 200+ core and 500+ memory

750w evga gold (power 3 cards-3 risers and mobo and cpu) and 900watts hp server plantinum on top to power 4 cards and 4 risers

Yes i am going to do a better job with cable management when I have more time.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
poorly thought out design, no place to mount mobo or anything else. that's not a rig frame. at the very least its only a gpu holder at best. good fire starter though since you used wood

Really? Did you know wood is an insulator and is sued in electrical applications because of it?

DERP
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Towel rail from ikea is less than $10..some insulation tape and a off cut of flooring, sorted. you could even add another 2 shelves to it if wanted and its easy to pick up and move around https://photos.app.[Suspicious link removed]/bzqUy4PZKcbtM6373
Activity: 20
Hope it is sturdy. Looks cheap but as said possibility of shock cricut.
I go to homedepot or lowes and buy 3/4 aluminum angle 8 ft usually two are good for one 6 gpu rig I think they cost $9 each and I cut them to what I want than drill and rivet the frame together if you don't have a rivet gun you can use self tapping screws but I can cut drill rivet the frame together in 15 mins it takes me longer to setup and clean up than to build

I goto lowes too, and there more than 9 dollars rofl atleast at the one here in Washington state its like about 15 for an 8ft section of angled aluminum, depends on the area there in but all the same yeah 2 8ft sections is what I use as well for my rig frame, pop rivets which look soo much better than a self tapping screw which protrudes, pop rivits also don't back out and become lose like screws do
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I go to homedepot or lowes and buy 3/4 aluminum angle 8 ft usually two are good for one 6 gpu rig I think they cost $9 each and I cut them to what I want than drill and rivet the frame together if you don't have a rivet gun you can use self tapping screws but I can cut drill rivet the frame together in 15 mins it takes me longer to setup and clean up than to build
Activity: 39
Nice one ! be careful if you put the motherboard on steel part of rig there is the risk of short circuit! Tongue
Activity: 585
Merit: 110
the white risers looks really great
which gpus are you going to select for this rig?
more pictures when it is done will be really appreciated
Hey guys just wanted to share a quick frame design that i have built under $25 and 20 min.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0XLTT5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buy following shelf from amazon $20

Buy 1 8 ft 2x2 from Homedepot or lowes. & 1 8 ft 2x1

Set it up like i did. took it me 20 min to cut the height and length and 5 min to screw them together. They are zip tied to the frame. and risers are screwed it as well.

the length of 2 bars where risers are resting is 32 inches
the 2 bottom piece is 8 inches
the 2 pieces standing on the pole is 7 inches tall and
the 2x1 is also 32 inches for screw-ing and zip tie graphics card securely.

Good luck and let me know your thoughts. 
Pages:
Jump to: