Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating translator and incompetent manager - page 2. (Read 570 times)

copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
December 01, 2020, 08:18:04 PM
I'm going to take a little rest from the reporting streak I've just started on a certain users' profile. I'm also going to explain the situation and use this thread to reference my negative tag, and I'm still considering adding a type 1 flag on said user. Apart from that, I'll ask that the manager in charge of this user shows up and gives some credible explanation as to why no control over this user's translation had been taken. Depending on that reply (or lack of it), a negative tag will also go for this lovely lad. Let's get started on what I currently have:

This is a reputation thread, not a scam accusation. I have lost no money interacting with this user, and if someone has to fill some scam accusation, it should be the manager or the company that has paid a user to do a job he has most certainly not done.

User Profile Link: pedrillo0

What happened: A user has been posting strangly worded sentences in the Spanish local board while being working as a translator. I had had a suspicion of translation tool usage for quite some time, but I never considered the user being as obvious as I'm going to show. Tonight, I finally felt I had the moral strength and time to start revising every post looking for machine translation tools, when out of the blue, I saw the same post posted twice, but in 2 different languages (english and spanish). Seeing them that close, and realizing everything was too similar to be a manual translation, I decided to check the most obvious tool there is: Google Translate.

Much to my surprise, every word matched; it was a 100% copy paste. Knowing this, I've started checking every post with it's english counterpart, or reference link (article) provided. Everything is a 100% match, so I'm going trough some report fest RN. I'll take a couple of random examples to ilustrate my words; but having the whole posting history, anyone can actually check, you don't even need to know the language to see it's the same.

Example 1:

Example 2:

User's post history in Spanish boards: https://ninjastic.space/search?author=pedrillo0&board=27&child_boards=true

Concerning the manager(s):

I've decided to only list the ones from 2020, as that's the year I'm still reporting. Back in march I had some suspicions the account could have been bought, so older campaigns will be added here as I see fit

2020 manager(s):
Bounty Detective (times 11)
bitcoinmuseum (times 1) looks like this project was cancelled (scam, lmao)
Aerys2 (times 1)

I hope you are capable of providing some serious explanation here, because you are actually promoting spam and facilitating scams with such lax control measures

Yes, I'm bloody angry, and I'm going to keep on reporting; it was nice having some fresh air while wirting this though; anyone that feels like joining to the report fest, is more than welcome
Pages:
Jump to: