Pages:
Author

Topic: Chess + Crypto - page 3. (Read 2954 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
April 02, 2014, 09:40:36 PM
Although this likely could be constructed by having conventional mining going on alongside and giving part of the block reward to a chess prize pool(see huntercoin), the chess would end up as little more than a proof of bandwidth mining system. People would start by hooking up chess ais to the game, as even the ability to handle more games alone would yield better profits for even a bad ai over good human players, and since you mentioned unique games are needed, it would quickly degenerate to random moves being integrated, and possibly random moves only eventually as time goes on. The end result is the more bandwith one has available, the more games can be played, and therefore mining ability scales with bandwith.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 02, 2014, 09:31:41 PM
It's just an idea, but I wanted to lay out the framework. The best way to describe it would be to walk you through the network.

* 1) Create an account. This is both a wallet and a profile.
* 2) Play chess against other people in the network.
* 3) Bet coins against your opponent.
* 4) To get coins, you can either buy them or mine them.
* 5) You can mine coins by playing chess.
* 6) Mining is based on proving you played a unique chess game, (proof-of-play?).
* 7) Winner of the game receives the mined coins (plus any bets placed).

Just thought it would be a fun thing to create, and maybe through mining we can solve the chess game-tree. Estimated at roughly 10^123.

i like the idea generally, but its super easy to cheat at online chess.

I second this.  Anyone can download a computer program that can make a move in a second that would beat 99% of players out there.

You will always have cheating in online chess.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
April 02, 2014, 09:10:38 PM
It's just an idea, but I wanted to lay out the framework. The best way to describe it would be to walk you through the network.

* 6) Mining is based on proving you played a unique chess game, (proof-of-play?).

Just thought it would be a fun thing to create, and maybe through mining we can solve the chess game-tree. Estimated at roughly 10^123.

i like the idea generally, but its super easy to cheat at online chess.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 02, 2014, 08:23:01 PM
Wish I had the skills to do it... Its just a theory for now
Activity: 56
April 02, 2014, 08:15:56 PM
On the surface it actually sounds kinda cool.  Could you really make it work or is it just a theory?
Activity: 22
April 02, 2014, 08:10:59 PM

Pages:
Jump to: