Pages:
Author

Topic: CHNCoin - A social experiment? - page 2. (Read 2162 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 02, 2013, 02:12:31 AM
My dad is chinese!
Activity: 47
May 02, 2013, 02:11:54 AM
Seriously? CHNCoin has its own website Smiley

It has google docs exchange.

Already there are lots of people buying it.

Soon it will have a new logo.

And the dev will surely come back and keep on posting.

How many CHNcoins you got? One millon? You're promoting it more than the original developer Cheesy
May 02, 2013, 01:45:05 AM
Seriously? CHNCoin has its own website Smiley

It has google docs exchange.

Already there are lots of people buying it.

Soon it will have a new logo.

And the dev will surely come back and keep on posting.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2013, 01:40:23 AM
The Linux version compiles just fine. I pulled it from git at release with no issues

I think it's too early to call judgment on this CHNCoin. Feathercoin release was handled better, yes, though to be honest there wasn't even a working site from day one and the initial coin icon was ripped from some jewelry shop. Doesn't exactly scream effort either, though I respect the dev for getting involved and creating bounties.

If you pulled it from git then you compiled it yourself.  The precompiled version from sourceforge doesn't.

Correct... misread what you said then, my bad.
May 02, 2013, 01:13:58 AM
The Linux version compiles just fine. I pulled it from git at release with no issues

I think it's too early to call judgment on this CHNCoin. Feathercoin release was handled better, yes, though to be honest there wasn't even a working site from day one and the initial coin icon was ripped from some jewelry shop. Doesn't exactly scream effort either, though I respect the dev for getting involved and creating bounties.

If you pulled it from git then you compiled it yourself.  The precompiled version from sourceforge doesn't.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
May 02, 2013, 01:09:18 AM
Imagine if all previous coins were mostly in china, and someone released a USA coin, boom hashrate

I would totally back a USA crypto currency. I would hope that it is more innovative than the previous copy cat chains, but I would still back it anyways.

It would be cool to tie in a democratic type voting system like I have seen people talk about for new coin ideas. I'm not sure exactly what we would vote on though rofl. Maybe have monthly voting on the rate of inflation? the percent of demurrage? the rate at which coins are minted? transaction fees? etc?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2013, 01:08:20 AM

Activity: 56
May 02, 2013, 01:04:26 AM
Well, don't think it too serious, think it as a game. It's fun...

A very, very profitable game. I'm enjoying it a lot.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 02, 2013, 12:59:18 AM
Well, don't think it too serious, think it as a game. It's fun...
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
May 02, 2013, 12:53:36 AM
At least the FeatherCoin release was better. The dev was posting here, there was a big bounty thread, etc. This was just kind of...embarrassing. People rushing to mine a coin that was already premined at has even LESS behind it compared to other altcoins. At least try if you want to release a new coin.
Activity: 56
May 02, 2013, 12:52:19 AM
Imagine if all previous coins were mostly in china, and someone released a USA coin, boom hashrate
May 02, 2013, 12:49:28 AM
I imagine the person who released this coin is sitting back and laughing his ass off at all the lemming who jumps at the chance to mine a coin with zero information at all.  Why go through an effort to pump a coin up yourself,  if all you have to do is release one and let other people waste their time doing it for you and then reap the benefit yourself.

Lets looks at some facts about this CHNCoin.

The member who release the coin created the account the day before and has only  7 post.  5 post to get out of the Newbie area.  1 Post in the Chinese forum area 4hrs before another post in the Alt Crypto Forum.  During which over 1000 blocks had been mined already.

Does it offer anything innovative over litecoin?  Nope.

Do we know who even made the coin? Nope, there has been no information on the developer at all.  The fact that the Linux version wasn't compile correct shows just how much effort they put into making the coin.

If this is what happens every time a new coin is released then I feel that the crypto-currencies as a whole are bound the fail.
Pages:
Jump to: