Pages:
Author

Topic: Choose: Walk The Plank or Keelhaul - page 2. (Read 20470 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
August 31, 2012, 11:08:45 AM
CONGRATS TO VANDROIY
You should expect your 10,000 BTC payment within 6 hours of this post.

If not, the entire OTC system should be ignored from now on, since it's crap anyway.

Please spend it wisely.
bitlane.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
August 30, 2012, 01:01:17 PM
I'm the one who was "claiming to have slept with his sister", but that was a long-running joke and who the hell thought that was anything but humor? He's openly admitted (on IRC at least) that he doesn't even have a sister. Please tell me: who has actually, seriously claimed to have met him?
Far too many people. Enough for you to have qualified for a scammer tag when this all collapsed and you proved not to actually know his identity.

You just lost all credibility.

How's that credibility thing working out for you reeses ?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
August 29, 2012, 01:29:04 AM
With that said, I simply wouldn't have made the wager unless I knew exactly what the outcome would be.

Pirate 0 - Vandroiy 1

So it would appear. Still a few more days before the fecal matter officially strikes the rotary air impeller. Plenty of time to get popcorn (and a tarp).
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
August 29, 2012, 01:21:10 AM
With that said, I simply wouldn't have made the wager unless I knew exactly what the outcome would be.

Pirate 0 - Vandroiy 1
Activity: 467
August 17, 2012, 10:54:47 PM

With BCS&T dissolving, curious where this thread will go... The way I read this, as long as he repays deposit, he still wins the bet:

The event of dissolution of the BTCST business and return of all owed funds to all account holders, also shall not be construed as a default event.
s
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
July 30, 2012, 03:48:58 AM
When the reward is millions of dollars unless you plan on hiring a investigating firm and spending tens of thousands of your own dollars any sel-help "due diligence" is going to come up short.

Why not just do that? If the risk to the community is millions of dollars, we should be able to come up with a few thousand BTC. That's what "due diligence" rather sounds like in this case.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
July 28, 2012, 02:02:29 PM
I think Frankie was referring to this deadline:

Vandroiy has until Thursday at 5:00PM CST to make his decision.

I don't see how that is connected to a 1% bonus for BS&T lenders, since Vandroiy isn't a lender.
Well, that's when this information was released, so don't complain about its relevance to me.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
July 28, 2012, 11:41:57 AM
While we are on the subject: who the hell is Art Taylor?
He signed Pirate's key using an email at arttaylor.com, so he's not exactly hard to track down. FWIW, he is the author of the 2011 book "Preparing Your Ecommerce Web Sites for Holiday Peak Seasons".

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B004W3IATE

He has some ruby code at GitHub, including "Simple Mt. Gox trades websocket script":

https://gist.github.com/980399
Derp, Art Taylor is reeses. Check out the twitter link on his website, and compare his current avatar with the QR code also on his website.
Activity: 308
July 27, 2012, 07:09:00 PM
If you've never met someone/slept with their sister, you can't claim to have done those things.

I slept with Maged's sister.

Couldn't have said it if it wasn't true... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
July 27, 2012, 04:17:38 PM
If the Investment is returning poorly  ,Can Pirate  lower the interest rates to say 3-5% weekly  and still win this bet  ? or would that be a automatic win   for  vandroiy if it doesnt stay at 6.9 or 7%  until october?

Pirate can change the interest rates so long as he gives notice, and doesn't reduce them to below 0%.

This is a quote from the contract both parties signed:

===Change in BTCST ToS===

BTCST has the right to change the terms of its outstanding deposits at any time, as long as there is advance notice of at least 30 calendar days. Such changes may include changes in promised interest rates (as long as interest rates do not go below zero), changes in interest disbursement frequency (not to exceed 1 month intervals), interest tiers, forced withdrawals. Such changes shall not be construed to be a default event.

The event of dissolution of the BTCST business and return of all owed funds to all account holders, also shall not be construed as a default event.
Activity: 283
July 27, 2012, 04:15:38 PM
If the Investment is returning poorly  ,Can Pirate  lower the interest rates to say 3-5% weekly  and still win this bet  ? or would that be a automatic win   for  vandroiy if it doesnt stay at 6.9 or 7%  until october?

That would be a win for pirate... as long as he can continue to meet the forward looking targets he sets and does not default on any principal. However, if it is a ponzi (my belief), then it is already impossible for pirate to pay back all of the principal invested.

-bgc
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
July 27, 2012, 04:07:46 PM
So the deadline for, uh, something passed last night at 5 PM CST.
Yup. I suppose I might as well tell you guys what that is.

There's something called the "Vegas Bonus" going on this weekend. All account holders with over 5k BTC as of Wednesday at 6 PM CT qualify. Any amount you add between Wednesday at 6 PM CT and Sunday at same time will be given a 1% bonus.

You can guess what my thoughts are on this, so I won't bother.

Vandroiy has the following (2) options to choose from:

• Concede the wager to me (pirateat40) per the details below.
    • Vandroiy: Signed document confirming the action to concede the wager.
    • pirateat40: Signed document accepting Vandroiy’s action.
    • pirateat40: Will donate the entire wager balance (10,000 BTC) to a charity of the forums choosing.

• Don’t concede the wager and chance the outcome of Aug 14th.
    • pirateat40: Nothing changes and pirateat40’s winnings (5,000 BTC) go to the charity of the forums choosing.

I don't see how that is connected to a 1% bonus for BS&T lenders, since Vandroiy isn't a lender.

And I think he ended up selecting special secret option three (3):

• Wait for BS&T to default and collect your winnings

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
July 27, 2012, 02:33:36 PM

There's something called the "Vegas Bonus" going on this weekend. All account holders with over 5k BTC as of Wednesday at 6 PM CT qualify. Any amount you add between Wednesday at 6 PM CT and Sunday at same time will be given a 1% bonus.

Vandroiy has the following (2) options to choose from:

• Concede the wager to me (pirateat40) per the details below.
    • Vandroiy: Signed document confirming the action to concede the wager.
    • pirateat40: Signed document accepting Vandroiy’s action.
    • pirateat40: Will donate the entire wager balance (10,000 BTC) to a charity of the forums choosing.

• Don’t concede the wager and chance the outcome of Aug 14th.
    • pirateat40: Nothing changes and pirateat40’s winnings (5,000 BTC) go to the charity of the forums choosing.

And I think he ended up selecting special secret option three (3):

• Wait for BS&T to default and collect your winnings
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
July 27, 2012, 01:32:41 PM
I assume that means th Pirate is very generous. In spite of running a putatively profitable business for nine months, he's not gotten greedy and in fact wants to give even more to most loyal customers. I'm sure that they will be handsomely rewarded for it.
legendary
July 27, 2012, 01:21:17 PM

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
July 27, 2012, 12:56:20 PM

Wait a second, "CST"? This is a clue that Pirate is posting from the Central time zone... From the FUTURE, when CST applies. I've figured out how he does it! Pirate is engaging in temporal arbitrage by sending his coins to the future when they are more valuable and sending fiat back in time. He finally slipped up!
legendary
July 27, 2012, 04:00:12 AM
Maged is the one that needs to clarify, but I read it as found to be lying in relations to backing a scam operation. Of course the scam has to be exposed first.

After the dumbass threats regarding copumpkin joking about, umm, pumping pirate kin, I choose neither to confirm nor to deny anything related to that topic.
Again, it's only a problem if you clearly lie. If you were misled into believing something, that's fine. Just don't lie about facts.

Bullshit.  You'd have scammer tags on 90% of the people on any forum.
Yup, the scam has to be exposed AND you had to clearly *lie* about a fact (opinions are fine no matter what) that could cause a reasonable person to think something is safer than it really was AND said people need to make a specific claim that they thought that they could trust what you said AND your statement was a deciding factor in investing (or whatever the situation is) AND the investigator believes the person when they said that your false fact was an important deciding factor.

For example:

What you can do:
If you've traded with a person, you can publicly vouch for them saying that you never had any problems with them. You can also provide your analysis of a person by saying something like "I think x is a pretty good guy based on their post history". If you've been given someone's address, you can say "I know where he lives, don't worry about it", even if the address is false. If you've truly met someone, you can say "I've met him, he's a pretty upstanding guy".

What you can't do:
If you've never traded with someone, you can't publicly say that you've traded with them before. Again, if you've never traded with someone, you also can't say that someone scammed you (specifically, not anyone in general - you can still claim that someone is a scammer, just not that they scammed you). If you don't have any information AT ALL about who they are or where they live (not even a lie that they provided you, but actually nothing at all), you can't claim to personally know that information (but if you think you know someone who might know that information, you can absolutely say that you think you know someone who knows that information). If you've never met someone/slept with their sister, you can't claim to have done those things.

As you can see, this is really quite reasonable.
Activity: 336
July 26, 2012, 06:31:40 PM
Maged is the one that needs to clarify, but I read it as found to be lying in relations to backing a scam operation. Of course the scam has to be exposed first.

After the dumbass threats regarding copumpkin joking about, umm, pumping pirate kin, I choose neither to confirm nor to deny anything related to that topic.
Again, it's only a problem if you clearly lie. If you were misled into believing something, that's fine. Just don't lie about facts.

Bullshit.  You'd have scammer tags on 90% of the people on any forum.
legendary
July 26, 2012, 03:19:40 PM
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
July 26, 2012, 12:22:27 PM
Yeah right after my post I got a PM it's you Reese (kinda stupid of me, so tell me: did you change your Twitter name or am I just blind? Tongue)

Which brings up the question: Do you know Trendon Shavers personally?
Pages:
Jump to: