Pages:
Author

Topic: Choose: Walk The Plank or Keelhaul - page 3. (Read 20470 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
July 25, 2012, 05:58:55 PM
While we are on the subject: who the hell is Art Taylor? http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x067508A49BBE0E8216A61A94614DB74CFA5B357E (Pirate's OTC PGP fingerprint). ARt Taylor is a real person too btw ...

He signed Pirate key as valid.  Technically this should only be done by someone who absolutely knows Pirate and knows the key presented as Pirate's key IS pirate's key.   That being said many people sign other people's keys for just about any reason including "it keeps warning me the key is unsigned so I signed it to make the warning go away".

It doesn't really mean or prove anything.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
July 25, 2012, 05:37:53 PM
While we are on the subject: who the hell is Art Taylor? http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x067508A49BBE0E8216A61A94614DB74CFA5B357E (Pirate's OTC PGP fingerprint). ARt Taylor is a real person too btw ...
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
July 25, 2012, 05:34:33 PM

Oh, good. I'm glad to hear it. I just hope that you weren't misled with planted information, of which there is potentially plenty. For example, did you know that you don't have to verify your identity to form a LLC in Texas?

As I said to Ripper234, I am the fake patrickharnett.  (that was simply to prove the point you couldn't prove the point)
Either way, we'll know how this will play out shortly. If you think you have proof that you know that he is who we think he is, that's enough for me. I'm glad that at least one person checked into Pirate, even though you're one of very few people that have.

I'll also get the chance to finally apologize to Pirate pretty soon, too, since he claims that he can prove that he's won the bet. Honestly, I really do hope that Pirate is legitimate, from the bottom of my heart. I'm just afraid of what will happen if there's a million dollar heist pulled by Pirate.

Oh, good. I'm glad to hear it. I just hope that you weren't misled with planted information, of which there is potentially plenty. For example, did you know that you don't have to verify your identity to form a LLC in Texas?

I doubt he "planted" those traffic violations on his record, not to mention other regulatory infractions back in the 80s and 90s all in an elaborate plot that leads up to BCTST.
I've never doubted that Trendon Shavers existed - that much was clear.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
July 25, 2012, 05:33:01 PM

I doubt he "planted" those traffic violations on his record, not to mention other regulatory infractions back in the 80s and 90s all in an elaborate plot that leads up to BCTST.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 25, 2012, 05:07:41 PM

As I said to Ripper234, I am the fake patrickharnett.  (that was simply to prove the point you couldn't prove the point)
legendary
July 25, 2012, 04:59:38 PM
Hunted it up back in April, wasn't hard
Why does everyone say that, but then never reveal anything?

Because I know how to hold confidential information confidential.  my business is built on trust, and the work I'm doing in the lending section means that I hold sensitive information about other lending operations.  I'm not about to blab a whole lot of private details about people.

However, to spell it out for you - I did a reverse phone number lookup from his domain registrations.  It was simple to link Trendon Shavers to the phone number, his family history, and his wife looks nice too.  But I wasn't about to spread that information around four months ago because I respect people's privacy (it is now public), and he made no secret of it.  Trendon provided a confirmation when I asked him, and that was all.

Edit: and yes, it was part of the due diligence I performed.  As a counter example, Ripper234 did a lot on me too.  He even published it.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-i-used-to-trust-patrick-harnett-92279
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
July 25, 2012, 04:29:34 PM
AFAIK, they haven't slapped a scammer tag on Pirate nor the Bitcoinica people. So in terms of actual forum moderation they're on equal footing for now.

Really, Maged lost credibility when defending bitcoinica people despite mountains of evidence that they were deceitful, if not outright lying, stealing, and scamming.

Now, despite there is no evidence that pirate is lying, scamming, or stealing (only conjecture that those MIGHT happen) Maged is trying to suggest that a joke = a scam. That, in turn, invalidates most, if not all, of Maged's judgements.

By that logic, this forum is a scam, because it's certainly become a joke.

After watching all the mods not do shit while BitcoinExpress threatens attacks on litecoin, I seriously don't know how anyone can take anything that mods here say or do seriously.

Seems to come down to protecting friends, and letting enemies hang.

July 25, 2012, 04:19:57 PM

Because I know how to hold confidential information confidential.  my business is built on trust, and the work I'm doing in the lending section means that I hold sensitive information about other lending operations.  I'm not about to blab a whole lot of private details about people.

However, to spell it out for you - I did a reverse phone number lookup from his domain registrations.  It was simple to link Trendon Shavers to the phone number, his family history, and his wife looks nice too.  But I wasn't about to spread that information around four months ago because I respect people's privacy (it is now public), and he made no secret of it.  Trendon provided a confirmation when I asked him, and that was all.

Edit: and yes, it was part of the due diligence I performed.  As a counter example, Ripper234 did a lot on me too.  He even published it.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-i-used-to-trust-patrick-harnett-92279
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
July 25, 2012, 04:18:27 PM
Is it normal to dox someone without them having provably committed a crime or tort?

Well, do you know a lot of non-criminal/covert organizations that don't reveal personal information about their key personnel?

Today: "The shadowy CEO of Microsoft, previously only known to the public as "The Dancing Monkey" has been revealed to be Harvard dropout Steve Ballmer. Documents leaked on the internet conclusively proves his identity. Microsoft officially declined inquiries into the matter, stating only that the identity of "The Monkey" has long been known to insiders, and that people should mind their own damn business."

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
July 25, 2012, 03:42:45 PM
Is it normal to dox someone without them having provably committed a crime or tort?

I think it is a bare minimum expectation that one would try to do due diligence on an investment, no? Is it normal to give someone hundreds of dollars without knowing who they are?
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
July 25, 2012, 03:37:48 PM

EDIT: I should make it clear that I would support sharing relevant information among trusted investors, but I don't find it necessary to post everything publicly.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
July 25, 2012, 03:34:44 PM

Who exactly is "everyone"?

I would say that PatrickHarnett is one of the most respected and trusted members of this forum. If he says he has the information, it's more than enough for me.
legendary
July 25, 2012, 03:30:39 PM
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
July 25, 2012, 03:23:51 PM
It is one of my bad habits, but when pirate defaults i will not pity anyone that lost money in this. The warning signs were big and plentiful. If someone is incapable of realizing the dangers, so be it. In case there are complaints, i might even start laughing. Sorry in advance Wink
July 25, 2012, 03:21:39 PM
Reading for interest.  As an observation, I know more about Pirate than Maged.  (Pirate's name, address, phone number, age, family and that's from the other side of the world - Hunted it up back in April, wasn't hard)
donator
Activity: 853
July 25, 2012, 03:06:02 PM
investments or loans on GLBTSE, the forum, or -otc.
Why mixing the "Transgendered" in? It is GLBSE. Do you have a key on your keyboard that types in "GLBT"?  Grin

For the funny Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
July 25, 2012, 02:59:14 PM
investments or loans on GLBTSE, the forum, or -otc.
Why mixing the "Transgendered" in? It is GLBSE. Do you have a key on your keyboard that types in "GLBT"?  Grin
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
July 25, 2012, 02:16:06 PM
Didn't Charles Ponzi successfully sue for libel?
Activity: 532
July 25, 2012, 02:03:47 PM
I'm the one who was "claiming to have slept with his sister", but that was a long-running joke and who the hell thought that was anything but humor? He's openly admitted (on IRC at least) that he doesn't even have a sister. Please tell me: who has actually, seriously claimed to have met him?
Far too many people. Enough for you to have qualified for a scammer tag when this all collapsed and you proved not to actually know his identity.

You just lost all credibility.

Yeah, I'm through with this forum. There is no place for level-headed and informed commentary here. Enjoy the circlejerks and name-calling.

Really, Maged lost credibility when defending bitcoinica people despite mountains of evidence that they were deceitful, if not outright lying, stealing, and scamming.

Now, despite there is no evidence that pirate is lying, scamming, or stealing (only conjecture that those MIGHT happen) Maged is trying to suggest that a joke = a scam. That, in turn, invalidates most, if not all, of Maged's judgements.

By that logic, this forum is a scam, because it's certainly become a joke.

After watching all the mods not do shit while BitcoinExpress threatens attacks on litecoin, I seriously don't know how anyone can take anything that mods here say or do seriously.

Seems to come down to protecting friends, and letting enemies hang.

It's because of statements like the above from Maged that I no longer accept forum PMs - I'm certainly not going to let very partial judges judge me or any of my actions. They have shown themselves top be utterly incompetent at that, and completely biased (thus the incompetence)

At this point, Maged is one of the top people on my "do not trust" list.

The true scam is moderating this forum. They use it for their own personal gain, and to support their personal friends. And they expect that we should listen to their judgements about who is or is not a scammer? Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Pathetic.

Theymos, you should clean house. This forum and its staff are quickly losing any credibility you had collectively.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
July 25, 2012, 01:53:04 PM
It's actually expected behavior around which such schemes are built.

it has to be ,people on level 3 of the pyramid  are relying on people coming in below them on level 4 to guarantee their interest  returns

but as already mentioned , these schemes can run for quite sometime (years) before anyone anyone loses anything and by that time the early adopters will have profited nicely ,pirte will have profited hugely and the people on the bottom few levels will probably lose everything and end up with a 0 balance

If pirate can convince people not to take to withdraw in Vegas ,or somehow inspire more confidence in investors to let the interest compound (appeal to their greedy side ) then it could possibly keep paying out for awhile but nobody will know exactly when disaster is imminent except pirate since its not exactly a transparent operation.....

Pages:
Jump to: