Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Bitcoin Extension Bounty(260 and more BTC were paid.) - page 4. (Read 29620 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
I'm getting "Error validating address string" when I try to send. I have 3.14
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Also, it would be nice put your address out there for people to pay you via extension.
legendary
I pledged 100btc, is there an extension I can download and pay?

It's in his signature link.
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
I pledged 100btc, is there an extension I can download and pay?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Thanks. When I get some time I'll work on interfacing directly with Mt.Gox and/or MyBitcoin.
legendary
Is this project dead or alive?

It's alive. I just haven't worked on it in a few days. Did you get my question about what version of Bitcoin you're running?

Mine is 0.13.3 beta.

Ok, I guess the address validation part of the JSON-RPC was added in 0.3.14, so that's probably why it's not working for you.

Congratulation. My part for the bounty paid.

It's alive. I just haven't worked on it in a few days. Did you get my question about what version of Bitcoin you're running?

Mine is 0.13.3 beta.

Ok, I guess the address validation part of the JSON-RPC was added in 0.3.14, so that's probably why it's not working for you.
legendary

Mine is 0.13.3 beta.

legendary
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
\b1[1-9a-km-zA-HJ-NP-Z]{32,34}\b

Valid addresses can be 25-34 characters in length, though the smaller ones are very rare.

Testnet addresses can be 35 characters long, and they don't always start with a 1.
Don't know if this will help or not in an extension for finding a bitcoin address if it's just in plaintext, but I use this a lot.

Regular expressions are so lightweight and simple.

Code:
\b1[1-9a-km-zA-HJ-NP-Z]{32,34}\b

Check for beggining and end of a word, first character must be a one, and the additional 32-34 characters must be base58 letters. Will find a bitcoin address every time buried in text. If you use that in an extension, you could make any address on a page be able to do your function if you can tie bitcoin in.

Thanks Smiley. I am using a regex, but mine isn't quite as specific. Care if I swipe it?
Ok, I tried this out on a debian box. At first I was getting my balance, so I was connecting to Bitcoin properly, but my attempts at sending coins all resulted in the "Error validating address string." The linux box was running Bitcoin 0.3.13 so I upgraded to 0.3.14, which is apparently the version that added the address validation. Now it works fine. However, the first time I clicked one of the links it created a box came up about loading an external link handler in which I chose 'Do nothing' and checked the box to make it permanent for that link type. This was because I formatted the links href as bitcoin:?addr= which can be changed or eliminated since it's not really used. So I suppose my next question is what version of Bitcoin are you using?
Any my system just happen to update to 7.0.517.43.

Excellent. I'll let you know if I come up with anything on the linux front today.
legendary
Is upgrading Chrome a possibility for you?

I could.

However, you gottach realize that the usefulness of the extension also depend in part how well it work on the stable version.

Agreed. Chrome 7 is latest stable version.

And my system just happen to update to 7.0.517.43.

I could.

However, you gottach realize that the usefulness of the extension also depend in part how well it work on the stable version.

Agreed. Chrome 7 is latest stable version.
legendary
It doesn't convert anything for me and I still can't send bitcoins.

I could.

Just tried it but no highlights showing for me either...

Ubuntu Meerkat + Chrome 8.0.552.18 dev

Thanks. I'll check it out in linux tomorrow.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just tried it but no highlights showing for me either...

Ubuntu Meerkat + Chrome 8.0.552.18 dev
It doesn't convert anything for me and I still can't send bitcoins.

Pages:
Jump to: