Pages:
Author

Topic: CKPOOL - Open source pool/proxy/passthrough/redirector/library in c for Linux - page 9. (Read 123941 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
A hardkernel odroid c2 will probably fit the bill. it is a 64bit arm platform for 40$ USD that can run native 64 bit arch linux (or ubuntu or debian or whatever you like). Better performance than rpi3 but no built in wireless protocols. huge plus is it can use an emmc chip for storage instead of/in addition to micro sdxc. i have my system root on a 8gb emmc module and extra 128gb storage on sdxc class 10 uhs-1.

I actually use mine as a desktop right now, but i see no reason it won't work just fine for your needs.

the only downside is a lack of hardware accelerated drivers for Xorg, but they should be coming sometime in April.

http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:odroid-c2

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145457216438
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
This might fit the req's. A bit more expensive though.

http://kck.st/1QUiv54
- waste of time - needs to be linux.

That may become a bit blurred in the future, -Ubuntu Bash on Windoze w/Linux CMD prompt, sprinkle in a lil'bit Azure for sum extra confusion Tongue
No, it needs to be a full linux 64bit distribution.

CKPool/CKDB is linux centric code so we don't have to deal with reducing the performance, or lots of random if/but/maybe sections of code doing different things due to OSes not supporting certain linux library functions.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

- waste of time - needs to be linux.

That may become a bit blurred in the future, -Ubuntu Bash on Windoze w/Linux CMD prompt, sprinkle in a lil'bit Azure for sum extra confusion Tongue
legendary

Well since that web site seems to think that Windows10 is part of their hardware, then nope waste of time - needs to be linux.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
rpi3 is 64bit iirc

edit: ok im half wrong, it needs more time
memory would probably be on the low side anyway

The Raspberry Pi 3 may have 64-bit CPU, but for now its default Linux OS remains at 32 bits.

The arrival of the $35, wireless-enabled, Raspberry Pi 3, following a similarly 64-bit, $40 Odroid-C2 SBC a few weeks ago, represent a big speed boost for Linux hacker boards but not a sudden switch to 64-bit ARM computing. While the Odroid project offers an Ubuntu 64-bit image for the C2, the default Linux distribution released by the Raspberry Pi Foundation is still 32-bit.

An eventual change to 64-bit ARM firmware is inevitable given the fact that the technology offers significantly improved performance. Pressure will also come from more power-efficient, 64-bit x86 chips. Yet, because of the extensive reworking of code required for the changeover, the Raspberry Pi Foundation will commit only to “considering” a change to 64-bit for the Pi’s default Raspbian distribution in the coming months.

Yes Raspberry Pi 3 is definitely 64 bit, they are available for sale right now here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/brand-new-raspberry-pi-3-12ghz-64bit-wifi-bluet-worldwide-shipping-45-usd-1419675
The issue is that if the operating system is still 32 bit then it's still in untested unsupported territory for ckpool, irrespective of the hardware being 64 bit.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
rpi3 is 64bit iirc

The Raspberry Pi 3 may have 64-bit CPU, but for now its default Linux OS remains at 32 bits.

The arrival of the $35, wireless-enabled, Raspberry Pi 3, following a similarly 64-bit, $40 Odroid-C2 SBC a few weeks ago, represent a big speed boost for Linux hacker boards but not a sudden switch to 64-bit ARM computing. While the Odroid project offers an Ubuntu 64-bit image for the C2, the default Linux distribution released by the Raspberry Pi Foundation is still 32-bit.

An eventual change to 64-bit ARM firmware is inevitable given the fact that the technology offers significantly improved performance. Pressure will also come from more power-efficient, 64-bit x86 chips. Yet, because of the extensive reworking of code required for the changeover, the Raspberry Pi Foundation will commit only to “considering” a change to 64-bit for the Pi’s default Raspbian distribution in the coming months.

Yes Raspberry Pi 3 is definitely 64 bit, they are available for sale right now here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/brand-new-raspberry-pi-3-12ghz-64bit-wifi-bluet-worldwide-shipping-45-usd-1419675
Activity: 473
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
rpi3 is 64bit iirc

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
Thank you Kano.

Maybe I'm trying too hard, using the RPI as as network gateway would be simply enough probably or an ethernet to Wi-Fi bridge...
legendary
One problem is that you'd be trusting all your hash rate to an RPi
However, we don't compile/test/run ckpool/ckdb ever on a 32bit environment ... and never will.

Simplest to get a small PC and put ubuntu on it and then run ckproxy on that.
Ubuntu says how to install it on any PC, and ckpool says how to compile and run it as a proxy in the README
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
Hello

I have 8 miners and I'm in the process of getting them hosted in a plce with low power cost.

It would greatly help me to have only 1 IP address accessing internet/kano.is.

So I was wondering if I could use CK proxy to do the following:

Miners ->ethernet switch-> RPI -> wireless -> internet router

This way I could have a separate LAN for my miners and install ckpool/proxy (and cryptoglance) on the RPI.

Before I try to make it work at home (miners are currently directly connected behind a firewall) i'd like to know if it would work ?

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners

Read the titles of each commit on bitbucket.  Ck and kano seem to provide very descriptive info in the titles of the commits.

Yeah, i have the repo cloned, you can get a log since some commits ago, but i wanted to know if there was no necessity of doing that.
Do you by any chance have a consolidated log of the changes since last tag? (don't asking you to do it, just to see if there's a convenient place already to not waste time).

Read the titles of each commit on bitbucket.  Ck and kano seem to provide very descriptive info in the titles of the commits.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Do you by any chance have a consolidated log of the changes since last tag? (don't asking you to do it, just to see if there's a convenient place already to not waste time).
legendary
Oh I guess unrelated question: any reason not to run on the latest version in the master tree? Is that what you're typically using in production? I know I've asked about the M tags before, but it doesn't seem like they keep up as much, as there hasn't been one in over a month (which isn't a big deal, but just curious).
There was very real instability in there. New tag just hit.

recommend M24 then or v0.9.3?
He said M tags before for a reason ...
Oh I guess unrelated question: any reason not to run on the latest version in the master tree? Is that what you're typically using in production? I know I've asked about the M tags before, but it doesn't seem like they keep up as much, as there hasn't been one in over a month (which isn't a big deal, but just curious).

recommend M24 then or v0.9.3?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Agreed on all counts. Thanks for the input though.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I dug a little deeper and it seems it coordinates with warnings from ckdb about taking a long time to getblocktemplate, which I guess is not surprising. I guess bitcoind is running slow or something. whther or not that could be affected so much by filesystem I know is off topic here, but an interesting thing to inspect I guess.
Tuning/hacking/optimising bitcoind is a whole topic in and of itself and it can perform terribly bad. That's why solo/kano.is run our own custom modified coin daemons (no there is no public code for these). Plus you're running classic as far as I can tell and that carries with it whatever separate differences it has itself. All of which are offtopic for this thread.
Pages:
Jump to: