Pages:
Author

Topic: CKPool Stats - iPhone App - page 7. (Read 22071 times)

vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
January 30, 2016, 10:17:31 PM
thanks.  

also.  you should be able to see solo worker data at this point.   there is still an anomaly floating about that i'm trying to trap but it should be healthy enough to access.   right now, solo worker address can be any syntax as long as the btc address is there address, address_worker, address.worker.   the logic will move up to the top level address and grab all related worker under the user.   as far as i can tell, there appears to be no workers without a corresponding solo users stat, and there's no immediate benefit to just see / track a single worker under the user umbrella.

Cool! It works!

It's kind of magic that this works without an app update. I guess you aggregate the data on your own backend, or something like that.

As per your description, when I put in my worker address for the Sidehack Compac Stick pool I see all the pool members. The way that "pool" is structured is that we all use an address provided by philipma1957, with individual workers to track shares.

It's a lot to look at, but it does work. No need to limit the view to individual workers on my account.

adjusted to go down the hierarchy but not up.   this is useful feedback.   appreciated since i don't see all the common use cases yet.   if it's not relevant i'll chime in accordingly and punt the request.

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
January 30, 2016, 08:15:08 PM
It's very cool to wake up in the morning and see the pool notifications on my phone's home screen from the previous night.

Just sent a small donation.

thanks.  

also.  you should be able to see solo worker data at this point.   there is still an anomaly floating about that i'm trying to trap but it should be healthy enough to access.   right now, solo worker address can be any syntax as long as the btc address is there address, address_worker, address.worker.   the logic will move up to the top level address and grab all related worker under the user.   as far as i can tell, there appears to be no workers without a corresponding solo users stat, and there's no immediate benefit to just see / track a single worker under the user umbrella.

Cool! It works!

It's kind of magic that this works without an app update. I guess you aggregate the data on your own backend, or something like that.

As per your description, when I put in my worker address for the Sidehack Compac Stick pool I see all the pool members. The way that "pool" is structured is that we all use an address provided by philipma1957, with individual workers to track shares.

It's a lot to look at, but it does work. No need to limit the view to individual workers on my account.
vh
January 30, 2016, 07:08:15 PM
It's very cool to wake up in the morning and see the pool notifications on my phone's home screen from the previous night.

thanks.  

legendary
January 30, 2016, 04:18:15 PM

legendary
January 29, 2016, 04:45:21 PM
you said it right there solo pool.   second time today.  i'm half reading posts for some reason.   it's on its way.

No problem. I missed the fact that solo addresses were not supported in the first post. I guess I'm also having problems reading today.

Anyway, no worries. Thanks for your continued efforts.
vh
January 29, 2016, 04:19:26 PM
The worker stats works great for normal hash rate miners. But I have a pair of Compac stick miners pointing at ck's solo pool and they only show as "idle" with a hash rate of 0.

Sure the stick miners only produce about 16 GHs each, which is admittedly pathetic. But that's as fast as they go. In fact, they're overclocked Wink

I expect that lots of us (including everyone in the Compac Solo Club) are pointing low hash rate miners at the solo pool. It would be nice if that was supported in your app.

you said it right there solo pool.   second time today.  i'm half reading posts for some reason.   it's on its way.
vh
January 29, 2016, 04:13:22 PM

The addresses in question are on ck's solo pool, not kano's. Here's an example URL, including the address:

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.Jan11edonkeystick

Maybe you can't monitor addresses on the solo pool? I tried to see if there was a different config if I selected the solo pool on the main page of the app, but it seems like there's a single configuration for the app for both pools.

That would be correct, at this time.    Data collection for solo workers is not enabled (noted in 1st post).    Ironing out kano.is side in this first go around.   Check the post in 48 hours to see if there's any status on that.    There's a good chance there might be.
legendary
January 29, 2016, 03:46:28 PM
The worker stats works great for normal hash rate miners. But I have a pair of Compac stick miners pointing at ck's solo pool and they only show as "idle" with a hash rate of 0.

Sure the stick miners only produce about 16 GHs each, which is admittedly pathetic. But that's as fast as they go. In fact, they're overclocked Wink

I expect that lots of us (including everyone in the Compac Solo Club) are pointing low hash rate miners at the solo pool. It would be nice if that was supported in your app.

it should be displayed.   put your worker name at the end of this url string, browse it and see if there's data.

https://www.kano.is/worker.php?a=

fix it first to get data and pm me the worker address if there's a mismatch.

The addresses in question are on ck's solo pool, not kano's. Here's an example URL, including the address:

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.Jan11edonkeystick

Maybe you can't monitor addresses on the solo pool? I tried to see if there was a different config if I selected the solo pool on the main page of the app, but it seems like there's a single configuration for the app for both pools.
vh
January 29, 2016, 02:53:28 PM
Yes I do understand how you can get around that - however I'm really not all that happy to have accounts on the pool that have known passwords ...

i am truly shooting to keep everyone happy.  not everyone will win, but you do get priority Smiley.  will find a balance.

so after a bit of pondering i will leave data found behind passwords authentication alone.   
even though i can secure it with a point to point node and a single password guarded from the world.

my stance on screen scraping though:

i'm not against it to pick up public data so long as the site owner doesn't say go away.
screen scraping will continue to occur to pick up tidbits of neat data (aggregator/normalizer node - no change to code) from various places until the corresponding api data is available.

given that i will keep a sharp eye out for api updates as it is the better way to go.

user requests will be sorted into versions and wish-lists (todos) accordingly to not be forgotten about.
vh
January 29, 2016, 02:49:33 PM
I hope in the future, you can support to android app too not only for iphone. Because many user who using android include me.  Grin

Good Job to TheJesterOne for getting that one out, and for setting the bar for the ideas for this.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11091187

I've fiddled with java, but not that great at it honestly. 
vh
January 29, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

it should be displayed.   put your worker name at the end of this url string, browse it and see if there's data.

https://www.kano.is/worker.php?a=

fix it first to get data and pm me the worker address if there's a mismatch.
legendary
January 29, 2016, 02:34:53 PM

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2016, 12:54:16 PM
I hope in the future, you can support to android app too not only for iphone. Because many user who using android include me.  Grin
vh
January 29, 2016, 12:52:52 PM
Edit: also note that the API is pretty much fixed - but if you are screen scraping web pages, that will break if I change any of them and I'm not holding back web page changes to avoid breaking an app that scrapes a web page.

API has a implied contract with those of us who use it.    
Web scraping will definitely be unstable.   And more work for me, bad experience for end user.   Adding to wish list, and leaving at that until i ponder it more.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
January 29, 2016, 12:49:20 PM
Glad to see it's getting some activity use and holding up so far.

re: tagging on block solver's name
- adding to todo.   not in api but doable and it will add to the excitement   i suspect kano is not displaying it on the home screen because of privacy respect.   if i get a request to not display, i'll end up removing it.

re: direct btc address.   yes it takes address_worker syntax.

re: donation.   cool.   appreciated and thanks.

Um - it's not doable without a password - and as I've said on the login page, no one should be giving out their password.

i summarize most stats via an aggregator for notification and the new https only requirements in xcode.   the app won't be requesting user passwords.    i would likely have to use my own and broadcast global values without others needed to do so.
Yes I do understand how you can get around that - however I'm really not all that happy to have accounts on the pool that have known passwords ...
legendary
January 29, 2016, 12:47:41 PM
I added a qrcode of the API key to the "Account"->"User Settings" page coz it's a drag to have to type that whole key out Smiley
(I of course simply used a qr code reader to copy/paste into the configuration)

If you do, i'll look into adding a QR scanner.   looks pretty basic.
"added"
vh
January 29, 2016, 12:47:27 PM

- adding to todo.   not in api but doable and it will add to the excitement   i suspect kano is not displaying it on the home screen because of privacy respect.   if i get a request to not display, i'll end up removing it.

re: direct btc address.   yes it takes address_worker syntax.

re: donation.   cool.   appreciated and thanks.

Um - it's not doable without a password - and as I've said on the login page, no one should be giving out their password.

i summarize most stats via an aggregator for notification and the new https only requirements in xcode.   the app won't be requesting user passwords.    i would likely have to use my own and broadcast global values without others needed to do so.
vh
January 29, 2016, 12:43:24 PM
I added a qrcode of the API key to the "Account"->"User Settings" page coz it's a drag to have to type that whole key out Smiley

If you do, i'll look into adding a QR scanner.   looks pretty basic.
legendary
January 29, 2016, 12:39:21 PM

- adding to todo.   not in api but doable and it will add to the excitement   i suspect kano is not displaying it on the home screen because of privacy respect.   if i get a request to not display, i'll end up removing it.

re: direct btc address.   yes it takes address_worker syntax.

re: donation.   cool.   appreciated and thanks.

Edit: also note that the API is pretty much fixed - but if you are screen scraping web pages, that will break if I change any of them and I'm not holding back web page changes to avoid breaking an app that scrapes a web page.
legendary
January 29, 2016, 12:38:06 PM
Pages:
Jump to: