Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 290. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Guys, I'm using version 3.1 miner which shows me 1,851 h/s on the screen but on the pool
http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/#
webpage my miner shows only 850 h/s ...
Why the big discrepancy? I can understand +/- 5% or even 10% but less than half.. its ridiculous, right?

It can take a long time before the hashrate on the pool is displayed correctly.
It is only an estimate based on what you send to the pool the past hour.

If you just connected, the hashrate cannot be correct, you must wait some time.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the cross-post, I admit I got testy when I couldn't see my correct hashrate display ( despite I've been mining for half a day in that pool!)

anyway it has since resolved. I think it must have been a temporary glitch in the pool's system. but i'll be keeping a watchful eye just the same.

cheers! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1009
I receive this error with gpu miner, anyone can help me?? My GPU is an AMD RADEON SAPPHIRE HD 5450 with lastest driver available on Win7..

Your videocard is not supported, there is no way to make it work there.
I'm sad :-( thank you!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
When using pools.txt, when is the miner switching pool - on first failure? Is there switch telling how much retries before switching?

On first failure, and you can test it easily, just drop internet connection and see.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
When using pools.txt, when is the miner switching pool - on first failure? Is there switch telling how much retries before switching?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I receive this error with gpu miner, anyone can help me?? My GPU is an AMD RADEON SAPPHIRE HD 5450 with lastest driver available on Win7..

Your videocard is not supported, there is no way to make it work there.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1009
GPU 0, GpuMiner k1a failed -55
06/20/14-14:18:39 - SHARE FOUND (target 25000) - (GPU 0)
Error in server response
: {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-1,"message":"Lowdifficultyshare"}}

Stratum - connecting to 'monero.crypto-pool.fr' <62.210.78.186> port 6666
Stratum - Connected
Pool Diff 25000.1

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
heavily underclocked and undervolted 5x 280xs = 1950 h/s

win 8.1 with 14.6b1  Grin\

not bad for a 750w rig.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Update on my test for V3.1

4-MSI 7950 Twin Frozr
Version 2.2
Total hashrate = 1180 h/s
Version 3.1
Total hashrate = 1756 h/s !!!! Awesome.

3-Sapphire R9 290
Version 2.2
Total hashrate = 1430 h/s
Version 3.1
Total hashrate = 1779 h/s .....nice ... Thanks to claymore for constantly giving update and improvements. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Guys, I'm using version 3.1 miner which shows me 1,851 h/s on the screen but on the pool
Why the big discrepancy? I can understand +/- 5% or even 10% but less than half.. its ridiculous, right?

It can take a long time before the hashrate on the pool is displayed correctly.
It is only an estimate based on what you send to the pool the past hour.

If you just connected, the hashrate cannot be correct, you must wait some time.
Activity: 126

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

*edit same thing with 3.1, k1a failed -52 error

PM me full log.

Hey really appreciated for the fast response Claymore.

I sent the full log from trying 3.0 - this was what I had in the folder.

Let me know if you want the log for 3.1 - maybe I tested it on my other rig, I have two. Remotely operated, from my vacation location nonetheless.

Log for 3.1 from the other rig PM'd aswell

To whom it might concern,

Claymore sent me several PM's and one alternative beta miner of V3.x.
For now he suspects that me activating my miners remotely ("RDC'ing") from my vacation location actually might be the fault for the k1a-error code.

Will update if anything happens

Update -

Claymore pointed out that I only had replaced the .exe in an old folder and the new 3.1 .exe did not work with the old .bin -file. Solution - always start new version from own new folder.
Activity: 221
i have 4 gpus in my system

what command can i use to get the gpu indexes as this software sees them? i used "-di 123" to use my 2nd to 4th gpus while leaving my primary gpu unused. is this correct?? it starts mining but is also using my primary gpu so i feel i did something wrong somewhere. anyone have a similar setup can point me in the right direction?

I think you would want just -di 01 to just disable your first graphics card.

ok just tried that but the result was the same. my pc starts locking up because it's using my primary. can i specify intensity with -i?

Maybe it thinks your main is 02, 03 or 04.

Try each one of those instead maybe?

I was experiencing stutter even when not using my primary gpu.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

what command can i use to get the gpu indexes as this software sees them? i used "-di 123" to use my 2nd to 4th gpus while leaving my primary gpu unused. is this correct?? it starts mining but is also using my primary gpu so i feel i did something wrong somewhere. anyone have a similar setup can point me in the right direction?

ok just tried that but the result was the same. my pc starts locking up because it's using my primary. can i specify intensity with -i?
Activity: 356
So I spent five hours last night trying to get this to work with no luck.

I have an ASRock Extreme 4, Sempron 145, 8GB of RAM, 3x290s.

I uninstalled my 14.4 catalyst drivers through the control panel and then installed 13.12. I change my page file sizes for initial size: and maximum size: to be 18000, 17000, 16000, and 16500. None of these could make the miner work.

Is there a better way to uninstall the drivers maybe? Not sure how people are just getting this to work on the first try.

I was able to get farther on this with version 3.1, but the computer was hashing at a slow rate and eventually rebooted itself.

What is the best way to remove drivers before installing the older ones? Maybe I'm doing that wrong.
I get massive lag on my desktop while using this miner. (juddery mouse etc).

I have even tried disabling the display GPU but still got slight stuttering. It's annoying as I use this rig as my computer too.

Activity: 519
280x are Sapphire Toxic and Asus Top 2Cu.  7970 are Asus Matrix and Sapphire Dual X.  I don't recommend the Dual X.  I don't recommend XFX or VisionTek either.  Green eggs and ham are okay.

I've 6X280x Toxic with 13.12 drivers,virtual memory 16GB ,8Gb Ram Win 8.1 x64 and i have just 2240H\s can u share your bat file pls
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
280x are Sapphire Toxic and Asus Top 2Cu.  7970 are Asus Matrix and Sapphire Dual X.  I don't recommend the Dual X.  I don't recommend XFX or VisionTek either.  Green eggs and ham are okay.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
20% boost in 3.1 is fantastic work, Claymore.  How can I buy you a virtual beverage of your choice?  You deserve at least that and much much more.  Thx!!!

edit: 2x 280X at 900 h/s and 4x 7970 at 1780 h/s.

I'm happy :-)

What brand or make is your 280x?
Jump to: