Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 302. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I am using the new miner but it has stopped for no reason twice... it doesn't freeze as you can see that blinking underscore... but it doesn't submit any shares anymore... thats the first problem. The 2nd problem is my graphics cards are still hot like they are working when they aren't submitting anymore shares. Any ideas? How do I get the miner to actually stop when it isn't actually submitting any shares? Its not like the WiFi is disconnected either... it is like it is waiting to submit the next share but doesn't do it... And that is from a 5 graphics card rig
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
v2.1 is available:

- Reduced number of outdated shares that miner sends to pool.
- Added fail-over feature, "pools.txt" file.
- Added watchdog for pool, if no new jobs are received for 20 minutes - disconnect.
- Added "-ee" option to close miner if no more pools are available in the list.
- Added "-wd" option to close miner if some thread hangs.

Great update. Thanks Claymore  Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
v2.1 is available:

- Added watchdog for pool, if no new jobs are received for 20 minutes - disconnect.

Well done Claymore Smiley

Can I add a simple script to re-run the NsGpuCNMiner. exe after it has stopped.

Put in new text file .txt

###
@echo off
cd "X:\path_to_your_monero_start_.cmd" (or NsGpuCNMiner.exe)
tasklist | findstr NsGpuCNMiner.exe || call "(X):\path_to_your_monero_start_.cmd" (or NsGpuCNMiner.exe with all necessary parameters -do not forget new option /-wd 1/ Smiley )
###
Rename file to whatever.cmd

Search in google how to: "windows scheduled task every minute"

Configure task scheduler to repeat this whatever.cmd on every 5 mins. (I think that 5 minutes. is minimal repeat time for windows scheduled jobs).

And you are in business Smiley

I know that there are many other different methods, this is my and share it with you Smiley

(By the way, I have some observations why in some configurations obtained video cards drivers crash, but I need a more detailed observation to share it.)

Cheers!
Activity: 44
Claymore
we need  the miner works on 5xxx & 6xxx cards.
plz support them,thx

What's the trouble?
win8.1 64
5 280x
1800h

Try lowering your clocks. I get it when I overclock to much for some unknown reason... O_o
Activity: 28
http://i020.radikal.ru/1406/91/8c1ed8ea7fa7.jpg
What's the trouble?
win8.1 64
5 280x
1800h
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Anyone having this issue with 2.1
All of the pool I'm mining on show me 0 accepted share, while miner says it's ok...
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
MonerPool.org is shutting down due to DDoS attacks.  Undecided
Sadly...
Lowest orphans number i have seen on different monero pools
legendary
Activity: 912
v2.1 is available:

excellent
legendary
Activity: 1148
v2.1 is available:

Nice, will test this asap
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v2.1 is available:

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

I notice that I have a bad connection to that site 1 to 2 days ago so I'd shifted to pool.cryptoescrow....
it would appear the gpu dropping issue has been slowed down, but is still there.

How much does this affect performance?

badly, as it drops gpu's randomly in single and multicard rigs. the usage goes to 0% and it stops hashing and the miner needs to be manually restarted..... yet to figure a fix around for it or a way to automatically restart the miner when the usage drops to 0%.... :-/

Do you get one card which keeps crashing? I have 5 cards in one of my rigs and I NEVER crash when mining X11 and X13 coins... When I mine monero, it crashes

its random which card crashs. some think it could be psu related which iam currently testing. will also be further testing other drivers to see if it has any affect... btw what cards are you running and what brand of memory? hynix or elpdia

all the ddos has slowed my testing thou Undecided

no idea what memory but the cards vary... have a mixture of 7950, 7970 and 280x... the one that crashes is the 7970s
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Activity: 17
I don't think cards crashing has anything to do with a powersupply, because:

A. The algo draws about 40% less watts, compared to scrypt, and I don't experience crashes with scrypt, xpm, keccak, etc.

B. I never caught the 290's crashing in the one week period that I mined XMR.

C. I spotted 280x with hynix crashing twice so far in that weeks period, while 280x with elpida ram might hash anything from a hour to six before it finally drops to idle clocks and does nothing but wastes energy.

D. Clocks have no effect to the rate of crashing (unless absurbly high, duh) I can set it bone stock, oc, or underclock and it crashes all the same.

My conclusion in the brief time I mined this coin - elpida 280x cards crash all the time, and have worse hashrates than their hynix counterparts (and thats even clock to clock)
Profit estimates and what you get in reality, are far off. Even when the pools aren't constantly down from ddosing. I don't know why, but I'm guessing a whole lot of shares get blown in the wind, thanks to wonky pools that don't seem to find shares, or they get orphaned, or what ever else is happening under the curtains.

Overall mining XMR with crashing elpida cards seems to be a chore of babysitting the client, or risk comming back to check on it the next day, only to find out it's been sitting idle whole night!
Oh and the current gui wallet seems to be more like a duct tape do-it-yourself, for yourself, rather than something for public use. (I'm used to Qt wallets)

PS: The wallet synching, while wastly improved, compared to the ridiculous time it took to get 24h's worth of updating, still makes my internet connection totally unusable.
Redemption to this was to download a bandwidth limiter and choke the upload link, that it totally saturates. Of course limiting the download speed isn't such a bad idea either.
legendary
Activity: 882
it would appear the gpu dropping issue has been slowed down, but is still there.

badly, as it drops gpu's randomly in single and multicard rigs. the usage goes to 0% and it stops hashing and the miner needs to be manually restarted..... yet to figure a fix around for it or a way to automatically restart the miner when the usage drops to 0%.... :-/

Do you get one card which keeps crashing? I have 5 cards in one of my rigs and I NEVER crash when mining X11 and X13 coins... When I mine monero, it crashes

its random which card crashs. some think it could be psu related which iam currently testing. will also be further testing other drivers to see if it has any affect... btw what cards are you running and what brand of memory? hynix or elpdia

all the ddos has slowed my testing thou Undecided

legendary

Activity: 283

legendary
Jump to: