Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1207. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000
Anyone know why my GPU fails?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j56tq3nfcl5e3tm/1469138775_log.txt?dl=0

16:37:30:813   9c8   em hbt: 0, fm hbt: 47,
16:37:30:813   9c8   watchdog - thread 0, hb time 44766
16:37:30:829   9c8   watchdog - thread 1, hb time 67031
16:37:30:829   9c8   WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
16:37:30:829   9c8   watchdog - thread 2, hb time 281
16:37:30:829   9c8   watchdog - thread 3, hb time 125
16:37:30:829   9c8   watchdog - thread 4, hb time 203
16:37:30:829   9c8   watchdog - thread 5, hb time 31
16:37:30:844   9c8   watchdog - thread 6, hb time 31
16:37:30:844   9c8   watchdog - thread 7, hb time 203
16:37:32:435   9c8   Restarting OK, exit...

Windows 10
4x RX 480
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
@Claymore hi, which SIA pools do you support with v5.1 beta2 ?
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
IMHO "full" stratum is really not needed as entropy with the 64bit headers is more than enough, I see decent efficiency on https://sia.suprnova.cc (>99%) with my current implementation. It's not bitcoin, it's a more modern header and hashing algo, so why reinvent the wheel.

We already see this high of an efficiency with getwork, as that's all your "stratum implementation" is...

Why don't you keep your getwork then ? Smiley

Why would we get rid of it? We will continue to support stratum and getwork

"We" ? The borg ? Wink

Good luck mate Smiley

If you wish to discuss this further, there are better places for it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
IMHO "full" stratum is really not needed as entropy with the 64bit headers is more than enough, I see decent efficiency on https://sia.suprnova.cc (>99%) with my current implementation. It's not bitcoin, it's a more modern header and hashing algo, so why reinvent the wheel.

We already see this high of an efficiency with getwork, as that's all your "stratum implementation" is...

"We" ? The borg ? Wink

Good luck mate Smiley

legendary
Merit: 1240

Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Other than the temps don't show.

I don't get them to show in remote manager for my 380/380xs either

But I can live with that.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hello,

i got today my 6 cards RX480 and will mine with your software.
i have installed the latest AMD Drive  for the RX480 cards, is tha a problem?
Did i need a special version from AMD Driver for the RX480 cards to get the best mining performance?

Best Regards from Germany
Willi

I hope, you make you money back on the investment, it's going to be very tight with 7 months left until Ethereum goes over POW.

You may need to hoard the Ethereum for 7 months and hope the price spikes when POW has ended, but you don't need to take my advice on hoarding Grin

with the recent DOA mess and recent hard fork, IMHO.... POW needs to continue a bit more, to regain community confidence.... before the commit to POS  Grin
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hello,

i have installed the latest AMD Drive  for the RX480 cards, is tha a problem?
Did i need a special version from AMD Driver for the RX480 cards to get the best mining performance?

Willi

with CDM v5.1, I get about 140-141MHs at stock settings and undervolt (-33%) using Wattman utility.

Without undervolt, you can hit about 146-147MHs (24.5MHs per GPU).

Use the latest Crimson 16.7.2 to fix the power overdraw issue

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.7.2-Release-Notes.aspx
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Hello,

i have installed the latest AMD Drive  for the RX480 cards, is tha a problem?

Willi

I hope, you make you money back on the investment, it's going to be very tight with 7 months left until Ethereum goes over POW.

You may need to hoard the Ethereum for 7 months and hope the price spikes when POW has ended, but you don't need to take my advice on hoarding Grin

legendary
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Hello,

Willi

You have to use the last drivers for compatibility with your new gpu
I use latest and dont have any problem

Other than the temps don't show.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Hello,

Willi

You have to use the last drivers for compatibility with your new gpu
I use latest and dont have any problem
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
Hello,

Willi
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
does eth speed go down for anyone when you dual mine with sia ?

i get 30.6Mhs eth mode only

but with sc i get 29mhs on eth
450mh for sc at 30

Shiiiit, 450MH/s makes what? I hope that doesn't raise power too much - I'm doing 500MH/s at 25.3W.
did you implement lbry on fgpa already too? ))

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
3to1-PCI riser
What is this ?? Any url/pic to show that ?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-1-to-4-PCI-express-1X-slots-Riser-Card-Expansion-adapter-PCI-e-Port/710969_32251891381.html

It may be tricky to use, but look at the possibilities, so much hash power on one MoBo. You will probably need linux for that.

Windows can only support 7 x GPU.

Linux, 8 x GPU with this setup no issues.

Will try to get a pix tomorrow.

I was inspired to do this project after I read a similar feat at the Ethereum forum - but 8 x GPUs will be too expensive for me if I chose a reasonably good card, so when I saw a firesale on the 370 for below 150$ per card at Amazon (could be less now) - I pulled the trigger - I used my ETH stash to build this rig as a DEV/TEST for ETH and other coins, so that I dont mess with the production ETH rigs.
Activity: 254
Activity: 196
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
does eth speed go down for anyone when you dual mine with sia ?

i get 30.6Mhs eth mode only

but with sc i get 29mhs on eth
450mh for sc at 30

Yes, mine goes down, but that's also why on the first page he says to experiment with the correct dcsi for it... Don't forget you can hit 'S' while it's running to get the stats, and '+' and '-' to adjust dcsi.  This way you can tune the maximum gain for the secondary mining, with the least impact on Ethereum.  For instance, my dcsi is 50, I loose about 1-2MH (like 1-2% of the rig total) of eth, but it's almost 2.5x on the secondary side.
Jump to: