Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1252. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Guys, take a look at this before spending your money on the 480

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4qfwd4/rx480_fails_pcie_specification/

There are reports coming from all over the world.

Now, I'll be waiting not only for the 4Gb version but also for an updated version  Grin
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
Hi guys.  Two things.  1.  ASIC eth miner is a scam, and also, never pre-order anything.  Maybe bitmain is a safer bet, but the usual rule of thumb is dont preorder anything.  soooooooooo many people got burned because they were greedy and people exploit this. 

2.  By tweaking your voltages and clocks on gpu's, the main point is not getting the highest mh.  the point is getting a decent mh number, with lower power usage and (imo most important) lower temps and lower fan speeds.  For example on a xfx 390, you can get 33mh but it will run hot (80-82 in my setup).  undervolt -100mv everything and overclock less - you get 31.5 at 74-78c.  So play around with it and see what you like.  I get around 55% fans vs 70% fans.  In winter, I will revert to max hashrate because, well, temps will take care of themselves.  So start -100mv voltage and work your way up with the overclock.  Have fun.  And dont forget to eat. 

You are right. My R9 390 works at 27.5 MHz consuming about 170W from the wall after big undervoltage.
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Is anyone using RX 480s with powered risers?  My system runs for about 8 hours then reboots.  Plus the control center is the newer one and doesn't show temps.

I have the molex powered risers. That is connected to the motherboard PCIE slots as well. That is safer.

I ordered some they should be here today or Tues.  Waiting for them before I add the 4th card.  

I'm still waiting for the 4 Gb 480. Maybe in a week or so, right?
ATTENTION !!

Do not buy RX 480, especially not for mining

PCI-E slot died with RX 480
https://community.amd.com/thread/202410
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Hi guys.  Two things.  1.  ASIC eth miner is a scam, and also, never pre-order anything.  Maybe bitmain is a safer bet, but the usual rule of thumb is dont preorder anything.  soooooooooo many people got burned because they were greedy and people exploit this. 

2.  By tweaking your voltages and clocks on gpu's, the main point is not getting the highest mh.  the point is getting a decent mh number, with lower power usage and (imo most important) lower temps and lower fan speeds.  For example on a xfx 390, you can get 33mh but it will run hot (80-82 in my setup).  undervolt -100mv everything and overclock less - you get 31.5 at 74-78c.  So play around with it and see what you like.  I get around 55% fans vs 70% fans.  In winter, I will revert to max hashrate because, well, temps will take care of themselves.  So start -100mv voltage and work your way up with the overclock.  Have fun.  And dont forget to eat. 
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Did find this interesting item - out of stock!

But, still, here they are:

http://asicminermarket.com/?product=am440-eth-miner

Main advantage on this offering is electricity works out to be 40% lower than running 14 R9 390's.

However, at this price you'd rather stick with GPU's!

It's out of stock because it hasn't been manufactured.  Did you look at the images?

Yelp, but all of the prototype batches are hashing on Ether Network Wink
Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Main advantage on this offering is electricity works out to be 40% lower than running 14 R9 390's.

It's out of stock because it hasn't been manufactured.  Did you look at the images?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

The mass sale of ETH ASIC miners will kill GPU mining immediately just like it happened with BTC, LTC, DASH...  Sad

But this one really looks like a scam!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Is anyone using RX 480s with powered risers?  My system runs for about 8 hours then reboots.  Plus the control center is the newer one and doesn't show temps.
Check ur atx connector, soon we'll see again pics of burned ones. U definitely wanna use powered risers to drive current past this shitty 24pin atx.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
It shouldn't.
If it does not connect to the motherboard, then it might burn the SATA cable as the rated power is lower than 75W.

There are different risers, some connect PCI-e 12V from MB to the same pins of Molex power connector, some do not.
Both are ok as soon as you do not connect different 12V from different sources to the same circuit. That is, if your riser does not connect internally molex and PCI-e 12V then you can power it from any 12V source. If it does, then I would only connect molex to the same PSU as MB or cut circuit to remove the interconnection to use a secondary PSU for riser.

In reality I prefer to power risers from the same PSU as MB to be on a safe side.

Thank you this is best explanation I have seen of why to power risers from same psu as mboard!

anybody know how to downvolt on linux ?
Is there any way to do that ?
Or meaby if it isnt, can i do that on windows and the boot linux ? will settings presist ?

No settings will not persist after reboot, you'd have to flash the bios.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
anybody know how to downvolt on linux ?
Is there any way to do that ?
Or meaby if it isnt, can i do that on windows and the boot linux ? will settings presist ?
Forward external IP port to the web monitoring port of the manager running inside of LAN (use your router manual how to do so) and use web browser to check the web page.
I can do this but won't it only monitor a single rig? Since I can only forward 1 IP address?

You can foward 1 IP address but many ports.

There are few options:
- (safe) run EthMan in the same subnet as miners, configure it to collect stats from them and forward ONE external port to a single web port of EthMan. Then you can see via browser all miners configured, but can't control them;
- (less safe) run miners with negative ports to allow monitoring only (not control), forward few external ports to miner ports, use single external EthMan to read stats from few fowarded ports of miners;
- (unsafe) the same as above but with positive miner ports, you can control them and anyone can control them :-)  say, change wallet to own to mine for himself.

I use the 1st option except I use own web utility instead of EthMan that runs directly on Linux (do not use Windows). It does not control, monitors only. But if I need control, I will add some kind of authentication to it.
It shouldn't.
If it does not connect to the motherboard, then it might burn the SATA cable as the rated power is lower than 75W.

There are different risers, some connect PCI-e 12V from MB to the same pins of Molex power connector, some do not.
Both are ok as soon as you do not connect different 12V from different sources to the same circuit. That is, if your riser does not connect internally molex and PCI-e 12V then you can power it from any 12V source. If it does, then I would only connect molex to the same PSU as MB or cut circuit to remove the interconnection to use a secondary PSU for riser.

In reality I prefer to power risers from the same PSU as MB to be on a safe side.
Activity: 193
Merit: 10
It shouldn't.

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
LTC fan 4ever
Is anyone using RX 480s with powered risers?  My system runs for about 8 hours then reboots.  Plus the control center is the newer one and doesn't show temps.

I have the molex powered risers. That is connected to the motherboard PCIE slots as well. That is safer.

I ordered some they should be here today or Tues.  Waiting for them before I add the 4th card.  

Do not use the USB powered risers as they do not connect to the motherboard, all the 75W is from the SATA power cable.

I am using the H81 Pro BTC ASrock motherboard.
Molex powered and also PCI-USB3 riser powered from SATA cable from PSU (EVGA-G2-1300w)
My test system is running solid at 24.xxMHs per GPU for more than 20 hours!

Does the USB powered risers also connects to the PCIE power +12V slots on MB? If it does, there is no problem.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Do not use the USB powered risers as they do not connect to the motherboard, all the 75W is from the SATA power cable.

I am using the H81 Pro BTC ASrock motherboard.
Molex powered and also PCI-USB3 riser powered from SATA cable from PSU (EVGA-G2-1300w)
My test system is running solid at 24.xxMHs per GPU for more than 20 hours!
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
Is anyone using RX 480s with powered risers?  My system runs for about 8 hours then reboots.  Plus the control center is the newer one and doesn't show temps.

I ordered some they should be here today or Tues.  Waiting for them before I add the 4th card. 

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
I am currently testing RX 480 Radeon cards. So far getting about 24 to 28 mh/s each card with no tweaks.
Using v4.7 and the stock 480 driver from Sapphire.
Will post more stats as I start to push it.
I hope that the new drivers will work as much as the 15.12 do with current cards.

Can you please tell me how did Claymore work for you ? I have a RX480 sapphire reference card with the default drivers and I can't get Claymore to work

Jump to: