Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1253. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Is anyone using RX 480s with powered risers?  My system runs for about 8 hours then reboots.  Plus the control center is the newer one and doesn't show temps.

I have the molex powered risers. That is connected to the motherboard PCIE slots as well. That is safer.

I ordered some they should be here today or Tues.  Waiting for them before I add the 4th card. 

I'm still waiting for the 4 Gb 480. Maybe in a week or so, right?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Is anyone using RX 480s with powered risers?  My system runs for about 8 hours then reboots.  Plus the control center is the newer one and doesn't show temps.

I have the molex powered risers. That is connected to the motherboard PCIE slots as well. That is safer.

I ordered some they should be here today or Tues.  Waiting for them before I add the 4th card. 
Activity: 659
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Forward external IP port to the web monitoring port of the manager running inside of LAN (use your router manual how to do so) and use web browser to check the web page.

I can do this but won't it only monitor a single rig? Since I can only forward 1 IP address?
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
I am currently testing RX 480 Radeon cards. So far getting about 24 to 28 mh/s each card with no tweaks.
Using v4.7 and the stock 480 driver from Sapphire.
Will post more stats as I start to push it.
I hope that the new drivers will work as much as the 15.12 do with current cards.

I am getting the same hash great so far for refrence cards there amazing.

There is a stock 480 driver from Sapphire?

I used the Crimson 16.6.2 from AMD and I get 24-25MHs, but not up to 28MHs  Huh

OC memory to 9Ghz http://cryptomining-blog.com/8041-optimizing-the-power-usage-of-amd-radeon-rx-480-for-ethereum-mining/
Can someone help. Got 6 AMD Sapphire RX 480 . And don't know how to tune it.   When using their Strixx tune it says 0core clock, 0 fan speed 0 0 0 temp e.t.c.
When using Asus tune up 2 - it shows correct clocks, speed and fans, but i can't change anything except fan speen.  How to tune at saphire card the Memory speed to 9ghz ?

Use WattMan that should be part of Crimson drivers
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Forward external IP port to the web monitoring port of the manager running inside of LAN (use your router manual how to do so) and use web browser to check the web page.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Anyone know if its possible to feed your Remote Manager data over the web. So you can check your temperatures and speeds when your not home?

legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
trying to run on UBUNTU with 2 RX480s, and I get this:
POOL/SOLO version
Internal error: Link failed.
Make sure the system setup is correct.
GPU #0: set -etha as 0 (ETH algo for fast cards)
GPU #1: set -etha as 0 (ETH algo for fast cards)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm running the amdgpu-pro driver.  Any ideas?  Is it supported?  Any additional config? 

Anyone know how to run aticonfig --initial with amdgpu-pro driver?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I am currently testing RX 480 Radeon cards. So far getting about 24 to 28 mh/s each card with no tweaks.
I hope that the new drivers will work as much as the 15.12 do with current cards.

I used the Crimson 16.6.2 from AMD and I get 24-25MHs, but not up to 28MHs  Huh

OC memory to 9Ghz http://cryptomining-blog.com/8041-optimizing-the-power-usage-of-amd-radeon-rx-480-for-ethereum-mining/
Can someone help. Got 6 AMD Sapphire RX 480 . And don't know how to tune it.   When using their Strixx tune it says 0core clock, 0 fan speed 0 0 0 temp e.t.c.
When using Asus tune up 2 - it shows correct clocks, speed and fans, but i can't change anything except fan speen.  How to tune at saphire card the Memory speed to 9ghz ?

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I used the Crimson 16.6.2 from AMD and I get 24-25MHs, but not up to 28MHs  Huh

that Radeon Power Tuner sofware is that from the CD?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Claymore,

Would it be possible to have an option to load the dag from the ssd the old fashioned way?  Maybe a -dag option?

The reason being I have my rigs overclocked and undervolted to the max and find that some cards lock up when building the dag, but after reverting back to older versions of the miner I found they won't lock up if I load the dag from the hard drive.  I'm running updated haswell systems, all with ssd drives, so building the dag with the cpu and loading it is not a problem.

Really great work on the miner btw.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I'm waiting for the after-market cards before diving in not convinced the single 6pin connector is sufficient.

I second this assessment.  Overheating, gotta run the snot out of the fan to keep it cool, and loud.  Then to add insult to injury they put a 6 pin connector on this when they know the card in stock trim and speeds is going to be pushing the limits of that connector/cable?  Not good at all. 

Granted with some tweaking we are seeing some breathing room in power use, but it just shouldn't be like this to begin with.  So I am waiting for the aftermarket cards to see if these problems get addressed.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
I'm waiting for the after-market cards before diving in not convinced the single 6pin connector is sufficient.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
6 gpus should only use 1000 watts. You can't be paying $1/kwh.

Really? :-)

From specs, 390X can use up to 375W (75 from PCI-e, 150*2 from two 8-pin connectors). In reality well-loaded they can draw even more. 375*6 = 2250W + MB (let say, 150). So 2.4kW*24*30=1728kW per month.

For reference, my 390X*5 diskless rig draws around 2030-2100W from the outlet mining both ETH+DCR at 16/47 intensity.

Exactly.  My rig has 4x 390x and 2x 280x, so I need 2 1k PSU's.  Not sure what kind of tiny gpu's you're using to have 6 only using 1k watts.

In any case, it's simply not worth it to me to pay such large electricity (summer months have higher electricity prices).  Anyone know a good way to automate sleeping a rig and then turning it back on to mine at certain intervals during the day?

Edit: Found a guide to handle this through Window's Task Scheduler Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hi Claymore,
Is it possible to make the function of downvolt on the videocards?

The problem is it will not work for all cards. But I can try to add this feature, I'll check if I some of my cards support voltage management via ADL.
Jump to: