Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1421. (Read 6588443 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I will check/fix all pools that you mention here within 24 hours.

Claymore the man!

Ethereum's "stratum" is a bit of a disaster.  Tons of different implementations that vary slightly.
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Will support for solo mining be added?  Maybe solo mining using a "proxy" like Etherproxy.  Format is //192.168.1.50/miner/50/miner_name

This proxy-->  https://github.com/sammy007/ether-proxy

Thanks!
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
PS. It seems dwarfpool (at least eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008) is working properly now, no rejects. So the problem was on their side.

It looks like it has something to do with adding the worker name to the end of the eth address at nanopool.  I erased my workername and the rig showed up.

Thanks Claymore.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
PS. It seems dwarfpool (at least eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008) is working properly now, no rejects. So the problem was on their side.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
nanopool doesn't seem to work with the stratum port, 9999.  The miner finds and submits shares, they just don't show up in stats.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
for some reason it shows 0.00 mh/s
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
tested mode 1 against my 1.0.7b on ye olde 7950. mine seems just a bit faster (like 100KH/s), although the difference is more likely to be result of a different way of calculating the hashrate than a real difference in performance.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, however with his miner my GPUs are all at 100% pretty much with yours they range from 97-99%. So who knows which is faster. Impossible to test since speeds are almost the same.

Claymore, do you know when MiningPoolHub will be added ?
Activity: 438
tested mode 1 against my 1.0.7b on ye olde 7950. mine seems just a bit faster (like 100KH/s), although the difference is more likely to be result of a different way of calculating the hashrate than a real difference in performance.
I cannot find any Ethereum mining info on "f2pool.com". Perhaps it does not accepts wallet addresses but requires Login.Worker username format, such pools are not supported.

https://www.f2pool.com/help
"
eth.f2pool.com:8008

How to mine Ethereum at F2Pool?

Please configure your eth-proxy set either WALLET to your payout address or MONITORING_EMAIL to your F2Pool user name or login email. If you leave MONITORING_EMAIL empty, the workers page is available at https://www.f2pool.com/eth/. Otherwise you can also check your account info on your logged-in dashboard.
"

Based on the console output, it just seems your miner doesn't understand the work JSON.
Activity: 302
Do you mean the Catalyst 15.12 or the Crimson 15.12?
donator
Miners developer
Thank u for the awesome as always  miner Claymore.

Mining for the one hours now and everything seem ok.
what we need is watchdog option u did before and I'm sure you can and u will  Grin
what is seem to me i have the same speed as rthminer Miner R9 280x's.

One more thing is there is anyway to color the output of etc Coin when u Dual mining. coz it's not easy to tell with coin and what speed confusing actually.

Agreed, coloring is a good idea.
Activity: 569
Miner seems slower then genoil on R9 270(X) cards, even in -mode 1... I get similar results as with genoil miner for R9 380 and 280X.

Anyway, interesting stuff but in reality no use for eth+dcr mining.

Check "KNOWN ISSUES" section in OP.

Got it now, thanks.
I have many 270 and 270X cards, even mixed with other cards... so if you want to test future improvements (as stated in OP), feel free to PM me.
I will gladly try to help.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
I am aware that 270 270x get less performance, but I want to try it on a r7 370. The program crash when he try to create DAG (at 1%). I checked the readme and did all that is described in the troubleshooting section.
donator
Miners developer
Miner seems slower then genoil on R9 270(X) cards, even in -mode 1... I get similar results as with genoil miner for R9 380 and 280X.

Check "KNOWN ISSUES" section in OP.
donator
Miners developer
Miner works well but heres my observation.

2 x 7950 gpu cards

ETH speed seems to have a linear decrease as you push the decred intensity up and at current prices there is no advantage to the dual mining.  So for example at stock settings I hash 31 mh/s eth and 475 mh/s decred so the earning work out to be equal if I dual mine or mine eth only.  If decred prices goes up then there would be an advantage to using this miner but currently not really (possibly very slight).

Decred price is quite low so I think it will go up and make this more valuable.  My current settings is decred set to 15 and I get 250 mh decred and 33.7 mh ETH.  If decred price rises then you can tweak the settings to reach maximum profit.  So i think its interesting to dual mine on that aspect

Is there a way to modify the global work value?  I think I could get better results if I could

Thank you for your work.

I don't have 7xxx cards but probably they cannot handle dual mining properly. You can disable it then. You will get best speed with 280(x)/380(x)/290(x)/390(x)/Fury(Nano/x) cards.
global work value is set to the best already, there is no sense to change it.
Activity: 569

donator
Miners developer
If the miner doesn't work with some pool - let me know its address and port, I'll check it.

f2pool (which works fine with eth-proxy) doesn't work

I cannot find any Ethereum mining info on "f2pool.com". Perhaps it does not accepts wallet addresses but requires Login.Worker username format, such pools are not supported.
If the miner doesn't work with some pool - let me know its address and port, I'll check it.

f2pool (which works fine with eth-proxy) doesn't work

Stratum - connecting to 'eth.f2pool.com' <139.196.206.207> port 8008
Stratum - Connected
Received error: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":2,"result":["0x54909b5742f7b3d326ff65764cbd1926c6d7d5bc9aaf6057a2cc0a78209e965c","0x67f3589ac683de3f41fe727f3860c421a
c1eb1b0fdf36289f99b3cbe89a2b3a3","0x00000001ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff"],"error":null}
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Yeah I did some calculations and with DCR mining its about 8% more profit but it uses more heat so I disabled it.

Speeds seem to be identical to the genoil v1.0.4 miner, but about 5% faster then the stock ethminer. However with this miner if a GPU dies it still continues mining with the other GPUs so don't need email alerts.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Did some tests with 7970 and it sure looks like it is not worth merge mine with them. But hawaii gets a nice earning boost from this miner.
Jump to: