Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 254. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Any toughts on my rigs?

RX 580
https://i.imgur.com/OFP14w6.jpg
Core Voltage -93
Power limit +0
Temp limit 90
Core Clock 1235
Mem Clock 2250
Fan Speed 70%

RX 570
https://i.imgur.com/pVbGo8F.jpg
Core Voltage -93
Power limit -7
Temp limit 76
Core Clock 1330
Mem Clock 2100
Fan Speed 80%

3 x GTX 1060 & 1 x GTX 1080
https://i.imgur.com/7NgC5xP.jpg

1060's
Core Voltage +0
Power limit 75
Temp limit 72
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 35%

Core Voltage +0
Power limit 80
Temp limit 74
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 45%

Thoughts or ideas?

I do use Afterburner for these clocks and i close the program after adjusting, but i heard that Claymore doesn't Recognize Afterburner settings.
Is this true, is it better to edit the .bat file?

You run gtx 1080 TI, right? I never thought gtx 1080 can go to 38 mh/s. Do you have AMD 18.3.4 driver and claymore 11.7 installed? If so, you can add everything to bat file and uninstall afterburn.
Also, what's the power usage for 580 out of wall? Can you run rx 580 at your OC setting stable enough for days?

Thanks for your reply.
It's not a TI, it's a GTX 1080 (G1 Gaming-8GD) it's because i use the ETHlargement Tool.
On my AMD rigs i use the Crimson beta drivers still: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx
Exactly how i check my power usage? is there a tool for that? because i don't have a adapter that displays the power usage.
And yea my 580 rigs keeps running without a reboot or share warning in the .bat file.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
It will give you wattage info
For nVidia: close to exact
For AMD: if it display GPU + Mem seperatedly, add them together give you close to exact. if it only display GPU, then you won't know the exact usuage.

Are all your cards on the same rig?

Claymore takes afterburn setting for nvidia cards very well. Claymore 11.7 can control/override afterburn OC setting directly now.
Claymore takes afterburn setting for AMD, but it will reset to default randomly (I never got pass more than 1 day). I use WattMan to control OC on Blockchain Beta. I can run 2~6 weeks straight w/o problem. The downside is every time system reboot, I have to manually set it again in WattMan. You have run it for 46+ hours, maybe you can stick with afterburn as long as it works.
But with AMD 18.3.4, you can control it directly with claymore (good for automated startup script after system power on) But I have some stability issues so I am still testing it before rollout to all rigs.
My goal is to use fewest tools to control all OC settings across all nvidia and AMD cards on the same rig and automate the startup process. It seems claymore 11.7, AMD 18.3.4 and most nVidia driver since Q317 can archieve that. But stability is a concern here.
Activity: 2
Any toughts on my rigs?

RX 580
Core Voltage -93
Power limit +0
Temp limit 90
Core Clock 1235
Mem Clock 2250
Fan Speed 70%

RX 570
Core Voltage -93
Power limit -7
Temp limit 76
Core Clock 1330
Mem Clock 2100
Fan Speed 80%

1060's
Core Voltage +0
Power limit 75
Temp limit 72
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 35%

Core Voltage +0
Power limit 80
Temp limit 74
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 45%

Thoughts or ideas?

I do use Afterburner for these clocks and i close the program after adjusting, but i heard that Claymore doesn't Recognize Afterburner settings.

You run gtx 1080 TI, right? I never thought gtx 1080 can go to 38 mh/s. Do you have AMD 18.3.4 driver and claymore 11.7 installed? If so, you can add everything to bat file and uninstall afterburn.
Also, what's the power usage for 580 out of wall? Can you run rx 580 at your OC setting stable enough for days?

Thanks for your reply.
It's not a TI, it's a GTX 1080 (G1 Gaming-8GD) it's because i use the ETHlargement Tool.
On my AMD rigs i use the Crimson beta drivers still: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx
Exactly how i check my power usage? is there a tool for that? because i don't have a adapter that displays the power usage.
And yea my 580 rigs keeps running without a reboot or share warning in the .bat file.
Activity: 33
Any toughts on my rigs?

RX 580
Core Voltage -93
Power limit +0
Temp limit 90
Core Clock 1235
Mem Clock 2250
Fan Speed 70%

RX 570
Core Voltage -93
Power limit -7
Temp limit 76
Core Clock 1330
Mem Clock 2100
Fan Speed 80%

1060's
Core Voltage +0
Power limit 75
Temp limit 72
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 35%

Core Voltage +0
Power limit 80
Temp limit 74
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 45%

Thoughts or ideas?

Any toughts on my rigs?

RX 580
Core Voltage -93
Power limit +0
Temp limit 90
Core Clock 1235
Mem Clock 2250
Fan Speed 70%

RX 570
Core Voltage -93
Power limit -7
Temp limit 76
Core Clock 1330
Mem Clock 2100
Fan Speed 80%

1060's
Core Voltage +0
Power limit 75
Temp limit 72
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 35%

Core Voltage +0
Power limit 80
Temp limit 74
Core Clock -400
Mem Clock +1000
Fan Speed 45%

Thoughts or ideas?

Activity: 42
Merit: 8
What page file size should I set for 13 gpu rig?

It's VM, (doesn't exist :-), use what you want, but leave 25% free disc space.

48000 is stable on 13GPU in my testing.
Activity: 659
Merit: 501
DCR added to www.altpool.net private pool could use some test hash from miners 1% fee
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
This was posted by wtfonly16 on the Phoenix thread a few minutes ago:
It was NOT posted by me !!!

wtfonly16:

this have claymore source in it i found it. it a timebomb that will mess with Gpu voltage to Blowed it
there is no phoenix, this was made by claymore to further his Strength in claymore miner monopoly.
after he explode all gpu, no one will ever use any other miner but claymore.

i will release my proof in 48 hours.

Me:
Maybe Claymore might want to respond to him.

That's not even logical. Claymore wants to blow up every single person's rig that is using Phoenix, just so he can get back them back to Claymore to pay 1% instead? If he really is behind Phoenix, he's better off taking 100% of the .65% for people that use Phoenix, instead of getting 1% of the 100% of people with blown cards who aren't mining anymore...

The logic behind that comment is really non-nonsensical.

environemental warfare... they believe co2 and co... eco terrorism in the bictoin world. they may have hacked claymore or pressure him who knows... curious to know the follow up Smiley.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I have the policy set to 'Semi-Annual Channel', as I mentioned and i'm not getting the update, so if it was just released to the pubic, I won't get it for another ~4 months until it's been thoroughly tested.
Activity: 312
Major problems with windows 1803 update.

All of my rigs use  570 or 580

After update.  I can't get any rig to have more than 6 gpus attached, 10 out of 12 I can only get 5 gpus working.
Takes a very long time to initialize claymore miner.
If I try to go past 5 or 6 gpus claymore timesout/reset after 5 min.
Everything was working fine before the 1803 update with latest claymore and amd latest drivers

basically i have the same problem as https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36032619

There is nothing useful in logs/debug.

It's not a good idea to update to a new major Windows feature update as soon as it's released, since they often break compatibility with drivers and programs. It's better to wait until the mainstream build is released. The current v1803 build is essentially a beta preview build so that vendors can update drivers and software to be compatible with the new build.

In the Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Editor you can set Windows to only upgrade to feature updates when there enter a final release build.

Enable this policy to specify the level of Preview Build or Feature Updates to receive, and when.

* Preview Build - Fast: Devices set to this level will be the first to receive new builds of Windows with features not yet available to the general public. Select Fast to participate in identifying and reporting issues to Microsoft, and provide suggestions on new functionality.
* Preview Build - Slow: Devices set to this level receive new builds of Windows before they are available to the general public, but at a slower cadence than those set to Fast, and with changes and fixes identified in earlier builds.
* Release Preview: Receive builds of Windows just before Microsoft releases them to the general public.
* Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted): Receive feature updates when they are released to the general public.
* Semi-Annual Channel: Feature updates will arrive when they are declared Semi-Annual Channel. This usually occurs about 4 months after Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted), indicating that Microsoft, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), partners and customer believe that the release is ready for broad deployment.

gpedit ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Updates ==> Windows Update for Business ==> Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are Received ==> Set to 'enabled' and  in the drop down select 'Semi-Annual Channel'.

1803 is major release to the public. Not beta.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
Check Forager - automatic profit switching miner with MSI Afterburner integration
[/end_shameless_ad]
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
as much as you can afford
try 32000 or 13 x (size of card memory)
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

All of my rigs use  570 or 580

After update.  I can't get any rig to have more than 6 gpus attached, 10 out of 12 I can only get 5 gpus working.
Everything was working fine before the 1803 update with latest claymore and amd latest drivers

basically i have the same problem as https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36032619

It's not a good idea to update to a new major Windows feature update as soon as it's released, since they often break compatibility with drivers and programs. It's better to wait until the mainstream build is released. The current v1803 build is essentially a beta preview build so that vendors can update drivers and software to be compatible with the new build.

In the Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Editor you can set Windows to only upgrade to feature updates when there enter a final release build.

Enable this policy to specify the level of Preview Build or Feature Updates to receive, and when.

* Preview Build - Fast: Devices set to this level will be the first to receive new builds of Windows with features not yet available to the general public. Select Fast to participate in identifying and reporting issues to Microsoft, and provide suggestions on new functionality.
* Preview Build - Slow: Devices set to this level receive new builds of Windows before they are available to the general public, but at a slower cadence than those set to Fast, and with changes and fixes identified in earlier builds.
* Release Preview: Receive builds of Windows just before Microsoft releases them to the general public.
* Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted): Receive feature updates when they are released to the general public.
* Semi-Annual Channel: Feature updates will arrive when they are declared Semi-Annual Channel. This usually occurs about 4 months after Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted), indicating that Microsoft, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), partners and customer believe that the release is ready for broad deployment.

gpedit ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Updates ==> Windows Update for Business ==> Select when Preview Builds and Feature Updates are Received ==> Set to 'enabled' and  in the drop down select 'Semi-Annual Channel'.
Activity: 37
as much as you can afford
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
It's never a good idea to immediately update windows on a mining rig.
Activity: 6

All of my rigs use  570 or 580

After update.  I can't get any rig to have more than 6 gpus attached, 10 out of 12 I can only get 5 gpus working.

Activity: 62
Activity: 170
Merit: 6

wtfonly16:

this have claymore source in it i found it. it a timebomb that will mess with Gpu voltage to Blowed it
there is no phoenix, this was made by claymore to further his Strength in claymore miner monopoly.

Me:

That's not even logical. Claymore wants to blow up every single person's rig that is using Phoenix, just so he can get back them back to Claymore to pay 1% instead? If he really is behind Phoenix, he's better off taking 100% of the .65% for people that use Phoenix, instead of getting 1% of the 100% of people with blown cards who aren't mining anymore...

Agree.
What a moron
ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eu1.ethermine.org:4444
DCR: 0 pool is specified
AMD OpenCL platform not found
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload pools, "e" or "d" to select current pool, "x" to select GPU
CUDA initializing...

NVIDIA Cards available: 6
CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 9.1/8.0
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 1:0:0)
GPU #1: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 3:0:0)
GPU #2: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 5:0:0)
GPU #3: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 6:0:0)
GPU #4: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 7:0:0)
GPU #5: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 8:0:0)
Total cards: 6
No pool specified for Decred! Ethereum-only mining mode is enabled
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu1.ethermine.org' <91.121.167.111> port 4444 (unsecure)
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu1.ethermine.org:4444) (unsecure)
ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #184...
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU1
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU3
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU0
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU4
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU2
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU5
Create GPU buffer for GPU3
Create GPU buffer for GPU1
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU4
Create GPU buffer for GPU5
Create GPU buffer for GPU2
CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.
CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU3
GPU 3 failed
GPU 5 failed
GPU 3, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU5
GPU 4 failed
GPU 5, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU4
GPU 4, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG
Setting DAG epoch #184 for GPU1
GPU 1 failed
GPU 1, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG
ETH: 05/03/18-10:30:56 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s, GPU1 0.000 Mh/s, GPU2 0.000 Mh/s, GPU3 0.000 Mh/s, GPU4 0.000 Mh/s, GPU5 0.000 Mh/s
GPU 3 failed
GPU 5 failed
GPU 4 failed
GPU 1 failed

I have set my VM to 16000 issue still persists. Can I have some help please.
Activity: 1
Overclock in bat file.
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal WALLET -eworker w3 -epsw x -mport 0 -tstop 80 -tt 50 -powlim -30 -cclock -400 -mclock +290
After close miner, claymore don't reset overclock.
Run afterburner & see.
https://i.imgur.com/jlw6bkM.jpg
Why -200 instead -400 in memory clock?
Activity: 10

wtfonly16:

Me:

Jump to: