Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 255. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 6
This was posted by wtfonly16 on the Phoenix thread a few minutes ago:
It was NOT posted by me !!!

wtfonly16:

this have claymore source in it i found it. it a timebomb that will mess with Gpu voltage to Blowed it
there is no phoenix, this was made by claymore to further his Strength in claymore miner monopoly.
after he explode all gpu, no one will ever use any other miner but claymore.

i will release my proof in 48 hours.

Me:
Maybe Claymore might want to respond to him.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Well, I need to know how I can do to mine ethereum with nanopool and blake 2 with nicehash?
Activity: 42
Merit: 8
Ethermine performance with Claymore.

Hello fellow miners.
I'm currently running some 10 day comparative testing, two identical rigs, identical hardware, same number of GPUs etc, (more on that later), but as it happened yesterday another GPU arrived, and it happened to bring the overall gpu count to an odd number.

So as I didn't want to upset the comparative test by having 1 more GPU running on one rig than the other, I decided to start a second instance of claymore, (using only this single GPU), and so as not to mess up the graphs at ethermine, I targeting this single GPU at ETC.

What is interesting is, after 24 hours, and allowing for the 6h average to normalise, this single instance, one GPU, is averaging above my local hash rate, while ETH is consistently lower.

Now, by no means can any conclusions be drawn at this stage, but it got me wondering....

So, for the next test, I'm going to configure 8 claymore instances, single GPU each, and go head to head with the other rig, running one claymore instance with 8 gpu.

I'm wondering if/how/what ethermine is doing differently, that single gpu instance is local hashing at 32.15, rock solid, but the @pool average in the last 12 hours, 35.25~33.6MH/s. (plus 7%!)

While the other rig, is running at -4%

Have any of you guys experienced something like this, or can point me to previous comparison tests?

Cheers

well, I already had my farm with more hashrate on 24 hours than supposed to. Wait another 24/48 hours to be sure it is not just randomness.

What are ou testing? pool or miner?

Yeah, I spotted that also. Actually I was testing against 2 different pools, that test will wrap next Monday evening, (7 days).
This whole ETC thing just happened to popup in the last 24hrs, and right now, I don't have any spare rigs to run a proper comparative test, (but I am starting to sketch out that test).

Clearly pools have a bunch of algorithms to divide up the work, load balance, and match reported hashing power to jobs, I wonder how well that scales.
Obviously not all pools do that the same way, and in fact, doing that well SHOULD be a selling point for them, secret as it may be.

I'm assuming ethermine use more or less the same mechanism on their ETH and ETC pools, (another test :-)

But I'm going to try a 1:1 and 8:1 side by side next week on the ETC pool.
Will share the findings for discussion.

Side note: ETC has indeed dropped 6hr average below local hash rate, 14:30-ish UTC.
For the conspiracy freaks, I wonder if pools give easy jobs to new miners, suck you in etc :-)
Then again, it could be learning if your advertised hash rate is realistic, or just luck.

Happy mining everyone.

Activity: 6
If someone uses new Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, claymore ends with an error message:
Code:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found ...

To correct it, just install older version of curl library

Code:
sudo apt install libcurl3

But what if libcurl4 is required for other applications installed?  I don't have a dedicated mining rig.  I use my desktop during off-hours.

Activity: 11
Ok, afterburner.
Less than ideal to use that imho, any application can crash, what damage can happen if afterburner crashes? I'd rather not find that out the hard way.

Did you spot in 11.7, Nvidia temperature control is now supported?
 added temperature management and overclock support for recent Nvidia cards in Windows: "-tt", "-powlim", "-cclock", "-mclock", "-tt", "-fanmax", "-fanmin" options are supported for Nvidia too.

I'd suggest using it. That way, if claymore crashes, (no more work is pushed to GPUs), and at least your GPUs revert to bios control, cool down etc.
Right now, if your afterburner crashes, and claymore carries on, you're going to potentially cook those cards, or force them to their hardware trip point, (probably something scary like 100C plus).

Good  luck.

I didn´t see that. I can configure it without afterburner. The cards is set to be at maximum 60C now. But they live between 45-60C.
Afterburner have failed, the hashrate will be lower then and I have an alarm so I notice it but it would be nice to let the miner handle all insted. Thanks!

Hello fellow miners.
I'm currently running some 10 day comparative testing, two identical rigs, identical hardware, same number of GPUs etc, (more on that later), but as it happened yesterday another GPU arrived, and it happened to bring the overall gpu count to an odd number.

So as I didn't want to upset the comparative test by having 1 more GPU running on one rig than the other, I decided to start a second instance of claymore, (using only this single GPU), and so as not to mess up the graphs at ethermine, I targeting this single GPU at ETC.

What is interesting is, after 24 hours, and allowing for the 6h average to normalise, this single instance, one GPU, is averaging above my local hash rate, while ETH is consistently lower.

Now, by no means can any conclusions be drawn at this stage, but it got me wondering....

So, for the next test, I'm going to configure 8 claymore instances, single GPU each, and go head to head with the other rig, running one claymore instance with 8 gpu.

I'm wondering if/how/what ethermine is doing differently, that single gpu instance is local hashing at 32.15, rock solid, but the @pool average in the last 12 hours, 35.25~33.6MH/s. (plus 7%!)

Have any of you guys experienced something like this, or can point me to previous comparison tests?

Cheers

well, I already had my farm with more hashrate on 24 hours than supposed to. Wait another 24/48 hours to be sure it is not just randomness.

Yeah, I spotted that also. Actually I was testing against 2 different pools, that test will wrap next Monday evening, (7 days).
This whole ETC thing just happened to popup in the last 24hrs, and right now, I don't have any spare rigs to run a proper comparative test, (but I am starting to sketch out that test).

Clearly pools have a bunch of algorithms to divide up the work, load balance, and match reported hashing power to jobs, I wonder how well that scales.
Obviously not all pools do that the same way, and in fact, doing that well SHOULD be a selling point for them, secret as it may be.

I'm assuming ethermine use more or less the same mechanism on their ETH and ETC pools, (another test :-)

But I'm going to try a 1:1 and 8:1 side by side next week on the ETC pool.
Will share the findings for discussion.

Side note: ETC has indeed dropped 6hr average below local hash rate, 14:30-ish UTC.
Happy mining everyone.
Activity: 170
Merit: 6
does anyone still dual mine? or is it dead?

In my past experience was not worth it. More power used. More heat generated. Small extra profit. Shortens life of the video cards.

God how I hate people who BEG for donations.
Get a job.
Activity: 83

Hello fellow miners.

Cheers

Activity: 80
On miningpoolhub today I have no connection on eth. Yesterday everything was literally good. Does anyone have the same problems?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535 -ewal walladdress.backroom -esm 2 -epsw x -dwal -dpsw x -nofee 1 -mode 1

Trying this pool as I'm getting a decent ping from it.  Would not work with the SSL option before the address.  Took that out and am getting:

ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"result":false,"error":null}
ETH: Connection lost, retry in 20 sec...

Try this

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535 -ewal username.workername -eworker username.workername -esm 2 -epsw x

you must create an account on miningpoolhub in order to use their pool and have the username and worker name to be configured

https://ethereum.miningpoolhub.com/
Activity: 50

In my past experience was not worth it. More power used. More heat generated. Small extra profit. Shortens life of the video cards.

For what's it worth, I totally agree.

It might have been profitable to dual mine in the past, and possibly still so if you happen to have free power, but I calculated I used about 35% more power.
Worse still, stability dropped, and you pull more power out of your PSUs, which probably pushes them away from optimum efficiency.

Furthermore, solo ETH, I can run 6x RX580 off a single 1000W PSU, and have it sitting at 91% efficiency, (down from 93%). (Costs me 2% loss over time, verses cost of another PSU. Long term, that 2% is going to add up, and 2% would surpass cost of another PSU, so it matters).

Dual mining, I could only run 4x RX580 stable. (I could start claymore with gser 2, with 5x RX580, but had a LOT of interruptions, crashes, freezes etc).

Conclusion: Factoring in 35% additional power consumption costs, plus a 33% increase in the number of PSUs I needed, (plus their losses, (7%) plus further drop in efficiency), it's very hard to see where you'd expect the payback to offset these added costs.

Then, as Jackbox astutely pointed out, you have to factor in the added stress, and reduction in MTBF.

Assuming you're located at higher/lower latitudes, through the winter, assuming you can swap out air, you save costs on cooling. Come summer, you're paying more for cooling. Dual mining was astounding how much hotter the GPUs ran, (last winter), come summer, your fans are working harder to cool.

More costs.

Cool and steady = stable = consistent revenue.

The added down time I hit dual mining, (a considerable loss in itself), was the knife in the back afaic  

It was worth the experimentation, conclusion was clear.
Far more good reasons NOT TO dual mine, and no good reasons for it.
At least in my experience.

Footnote: I made NO extra profit dual mining, even if I ignore the cost instability cost my ETH mining, comparing ONLY the additional power cost, I was loosing 3:1.
(Extra power cost $4, I earned about $1.2 from the other coin).

Revenue is not profit.

Well for the maxcoin if you add it as second coin with 1080ti , you can make extra $1.5 per 10 cards , without any power increase.
At least thats my case.
Activity: 163
Merit: 2
Miner has been running for almost 40hours without problems now.

But there is a terrible thing happening now, my hashrates are horrible..
Before I would get around 38+MH/s but in those last 40 hours my 6hour average hasn't been above 36MH according to the pool while Claymore keeps reporting ~38.3MH like usual, my 30minute average will also often times go below 30 and take a long time to even reach 35+ again.

Should I try switching back to an older version or is there another way to fix this? Losing almost 10% of my hashrate is quite huge.
I don't know about other miners, didn't try them yet, but will probably do it today.

Hello fellow miners.

Cheers

For what's it worth, I totally agree.

It might have been profitable to dual mine in the past, and possibly still so if you happen to have free power, but I calculated I used about 35% more power.
Worse still, stability dropped, and you pull more power out of your PSUs, which probably pushes them away from optimum efficiency.

Furthermore, solo ETH, I can run 6x RX580 off a single 1000W PSU, and have it sitting at 91% efficiency, (down from 93%). (Costs me 2% loss over time, verses cost of another PSU. Long term, that 2% is going to add up, and 2% would surpass cost of another PSU, so it matters).

Dual mining, I could only run 4x RX580 stable. (I could start claymore with gser 2, with 5x RX580, but had a LOT of interruptions, crashes, freezes etc).

Conclusion: Factoring in 35% additional power consumption costs, plus a 33% increase in the number of PSUs I needed, (plus their losses, (7%) plus further drop in efficiency), it's very hard to see where you'd expect the payback to offset these added costs.

Then, as Jackbox astutely pointed out, you have to factor in the added stress, and reduction in MTBF.

Assuming you're located at higher/lower latitudes, through the winter, assuming you can swap out air, you save costs on cooling. Come summer, you're paying more for cooling. Dual mining was astounding how much hotter the GPUs ran, (last winter), come summer, your fans are working harder to cool.

More costs.

Cool and steady = stable = consistent revenue.

The added down time I hit dual mining, (a considerable loss in itself), was the knife in the back afaic  

It was worth the experimentation, conclusion was clear.
Far more good reasons NOT TO dual mine, and no good reasons for it.
At least in my experience.

Footnote: I made NO extra profit dual mining, even if I ignore the cost instability cost my ETH mining, comparing ONLY the additional power cost, I was loosing 3:1.
(Extra power cost $4, I earned about $1.2 from the other coin).

Revenue is not profit.

Activity: 162
time to add new algo to dual mine other coins.
that's bad news. i figured now that you can get 50 mh for 1080ti , would be nice to add a secondary coin.
i tried with maxcoin but i get $1.5 / 10x1080ti , not very good i would say.
also i ve done some calculations and mining eth is more proffitable than zec or equihash atm.

No, no one mines anymore Sad
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

@claymore
can you maybe fix miner for gpu temp monitor
when i use MS remote desktop, and run miner .. only 1 gpu show temp
when i run minier via teamviver, show all gpu temp and fan %, or i run local .. via keyboard and monitor

but, teamviver is not free, and from time to time block conncection and you must wait for another.
And MS remote desktop is builed in, free and working great

It is not related to the miner, the reason is in Windows and AMD drivers.

Phoenix miner fixed this issue, so even it is Windows/driver problems it is possible to fix it.
Jump to: