Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] 2000 YAC bounty for adapting minerd for YAC - page 4. (Read 13060 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I offered 2BTC to cudaminer. It seems that it wasn't that simple. But someone will work out cgminer, cpuminer or cudaminer soon i guess Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
On the one hand, I think you may need to increase your bounty (that's underpaid for software developer).

On the other hand, I expect by tomorrow morning your bounty will be worth significantly more (because apparently YAC rocks and it will increase in value 10 fold very shortly).

Therefore, I conclude you are a genius.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
I offer 2000 YAC as bounty to anyone who can edit minerd ( https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer ) to mine YAC.

Conditions:-

1) It should be a fork from pooler's  ( https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer ) .
2) In case this requires modification to yacoind (say to be able to get the dynamic N factor) then that falls within the scope of this project.
3) All code should be on github and direct forks of parent projects so that changes can be tracked properly.
4) It should compile and run without fuss on Linux ( Specifically Ubuntu 12.10 and 12.04 x86_64 architecture ).
5) No binary changes. Source code only.
6) minerd will run on multiple machines. So there can be no dependency for local access to yacoind . All access to yacoind to be over network only.
7) Complete development in public.
Cool The developer owns the code/changes. I am just a user.
9) Changes released under GNU Public License version 2 . Same license as Pooler's cpuminer.
10) (nice to have) Dont break existing minerd fetures. Use a command line option to signify that YAC is to be mined.
11) Goto 1.

Reasoning for this is to be able to combine forces of multiple machines to mine to a single place, rather than running yacoind on each machine to mine with. I suspect this will reduce orphans since now the thick yacoind instance will have much larger combined hashrate.

Personally i don't know enough of C/C++ to do this in a reasonable amount of time, but I can build/test if needed.

First person to fulfill my requirements gets the bounty.

The test will be :-
1) I get 1 successful block mined.
2) I have a good feeling that this handles the N factor well.

I welcome others to add to this bounty for more encouragement, with any additional requirements if need be.

Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:46:55 AM

Bounty paid to alex_fun.
This fork mines YAC. I got some unconfirmed blocks. (> 100 confirmations). Test passed.
Pages:
Jump to: