Pages:
Author

Topic: CLOSED... - page 9. (Read 37399 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
April 29, 2014, 03:45:10 AM
GPUcoin good coin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 29, 2014, 01:51:21 AM
I wouldn't consider GPUcoin dead as such. It has active dev's it just needs a marketing push. I'd suggest thats its a LARGE project and requires almost full time dedication. Maybe not the sort of coin you guys are looking for.

It would work if that dedicated team would cooperate with the foundation. I will post in their thread to ask if they really need a takeover.
If they have active dev they only need some help on other parts, not development, like 66Coin otherwise! And we're #2 on the voting list!
Anyway totally agree with talking with their developer directly!
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
April 29, 2014, 01:45:16 AM
I wouldn't consider GPUcoin dead as such. It has active dev's it just needs a marketing push. I'd suggest thats its a LARGE project and requires almost full time dedication. Maybe not the sort of coin you guys are looking for.

It would work if that dedicated team would cooperate with the foundation. I will post in their thread to ask if they really need a takeover.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
April 29, 2014, 01:29:37 AM
Activity: 229
April 28, 2014, 02:32:36 PM
Spots is dead and nearly buried, it's a shame as the original concept to use them to buy precious metals was great.
So i vote Spots.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
April 28, 2014, 02:07:50 PM
Qubitcoin is not dead and doesn't have to be revived.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 294
April 28, 2014, 01:04:18 PM
I voted for GPUCoin. Why? No ASICs yet, idea was great, store was running, product was in stock. Only so called CEO James fucked things up. Sooo sad... Sad I'm still waiting for my GPUC bounty Cheesy
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
April 28, 2014, 12:51:29 PM
Its KARMA guys, not Karmacoin anymore, but "Karma", the first PoC coin, sharing a company shares for holding coins.
Great Devteam (Unfortunately the original dev gave up), Great community, Greate Spirit and ambitious.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annkarm-karma-x11-579973
Activity: 481
Merit: 102
April 28, 2014, 11:31:02 AM
Can we add PND to the poll?
Activity: 284
April 28, 2014, 09:08:15 AM
Do you see what I mean? PND is not even on the list of coins for revival and the defenders are all over this board. Why in the world would they be here? Well, it is because they only have one mission in life and that is to beat PANDA. It is why they formed, it is why they still exist. It is like listening to a Red Sox fan describe a typical Yankees fan. It will not be filled with compliments!

Again, I did NOT vote for PANDA, nor do I think it should be the first coin chosen. But, I am interested in hearing about other disaster story coins. What I am not interested in hearing about is the revival of some coin that is not on the list. It is just oh so nice that PND is working on reviving their disaster of a coin, but I am unsure why I should care. Wait...check that...I don't care.  

You care enough to display that you are discontent. But I only see you whining, but not even attempting to counter my clear objective arguments why it would not be wise for the this foundation to revive 1 of the 2 coins that you've suggested.

The guys involved with the foundation clearly get it why it's a bad idea. Only you don't. What's missing buddy? Say it so I can paint the picture clearly for you and others that are reading this thread.

It does not matter if I have any vested interest in either coin or not. I'm just laying down facts. Cold. Hard. Hitting.  Facts.

Ummm... I don't think you actually read my post. I see that you "quoted" it though. If you look at the very words you quoted you will see right there where I say that I do not think that PANDA should be chosen as the first coin. I even said that I did not vote for it -- I even put the word "not" in all caps so that people like you would see it.

So, I don't know why you are asking me "what's missing buddy" and am equally unsure of what you want me to "say" so that you "can paint the picture clearly" for me.

You may be laying down the "facts" as you say, but what in the world does PND have to do with anything? I didn't bring them up, they are not on the list of potential revival coins, and I am unsure how the supposedly wonderful team at PND has relevance to this thread.

As far as countering your "clear objective arguments", I thought that pikiminga did an excellent job of that just a few posts above this one.

Now, if you have a story to tell that involves a coin that is actually on the list, I will eagerly read your post. I think that it would be in the best interests of everyone involved in this thread to have fans of a particular coin tell their "story". It would be interesting and could help with enthusiasm and voter education. I made the case for a couple of the ones that I am familiar with and would definitely have an interest in hearing about those that I am not familiar with. But, I do not care about PND -- I don't understand why you are having so much trouble comprehending that.  

Activity: 87
April 28, 2014, 08:48:15 AM
Angry i think PRT(particle coin) is a good coin. but few people know about it

I like this coin too, the wallet is very beautiful Wink
legendary
April 28, 2014, 08:45:29 AM

This is your time and the perfect place to tell us exactly why people should consider it! Smiley
legendary
April 28, 2014, 08:44:56 AM
Do you see what I mean? PND is not even on the list of coins for revival and the defenders are all over this board. Why in the world would they be here? Well, it is because they only have one mission in life and that is to beat PANDA. It is why they formed, it is why they still exist. It is like listening to a Red Sox fan describe a typical Yankees fan. It will not be filled with compliments!

Again, I did NOT vote for PANDA, nor do I think it should be the first coin chosen. But, I am interested in hearing about other disaster story coins. What I am not interested in hearing about is the revival of some coin that is not on the list. It is just oh so nice that PND is working on reviving their disaster of a coin, but I am unsure why I should care. Wait...check that...I don't care.  

You care enough to display that you are discontent. But I only see you whining, but not even attempting to counter my clear objective arguments why it would not be wise for the this foundation to revive 1 of the 2 coins that you've suggested.

The guys involved with the foundation clearly get it why it's a bad idea. Only you don't. What's missing buddy? Say it so I can paint the picture clearly for you and others that are reading this thread.

It does not matter if I have any vested interest in either coin or not. I'm just laying down facts. Cold. Hard. Hitting.  Facts.

Take it easy, guys. Smiley

All in all, it sounds like a risky ordeal, but there are things pro and con. For now, it will be disqualified, because is sounds really dubious, so I don't want to risk malicious people upvoting it.
Activity: 278
April 28, 2014, 08:40:52 AM
Activity: 157
Bohemian Crypto Guardian
April 28, 2014, 08:36:45 AM

Activity: 284
April 28, 2014, 08:28:57 AM

Activity: 98
April 28, 2014, 08:27:46 AM
We have quite a strong technical team, but Panda probably requires massive marketing and PR to work. Maybe with more experience, indeed Smiley
Agree, we're not even close to having that much power

- Already a direct (superior) competitor with Pandacoin (PND)  
          o Started off as a clone yes, but with an active development team, PND is rapidly evolving to rebrand and incorporate new technologies and development to ensure its survival and usage. It has a leg up on Wolong's scum coin already by far with a consistently 400+ mhs and ever growing multipool and upcoming developments this week by inplementing either POS or merged mining with DOGE to remain asic resistant. Market price and volume reflects this superiority very clearly.
          o You call it a clone when it started off, but it was a damn superior clone when it started off with 0 IPO and 0% premine
          o Has the backing of 4chan as the foundation of a community.

In the end it was a wise move for the foundation head to disqualify PANDA, as you've said yourself, they should take on a 'medium-sized' disaster coin project to drum up a good story instead of trying to climb bloody Mount Everest solo without any gear or supplies.
Agree with the last part, but even though PND may have come as a replacement for PANDA it is essentially a different coin with possibly a huge part of different users, I don't think you should be using that as an argument against it! As for the pre-mine, you can lock the remaining funds out or send them into oblivion with the first wallet update you release, by making an exception for 1 transaction in the block you fork the chain at! Alternatively you could re-launch with a new genesis block containing all older public keys and balances except the pre-mine ... and whatever wolong stole!
Activity: 278
April 28, 2014, 08:20:52 AM
Yes. A lot of shitcoin(such as ipo coins ) made by the devs, when they got money ,they left away.
I think the community should work togather , let the real good coins and devs get supports.

yeah, I agree with you. too many shitcoins have been made. Angry
Activity: 490
April 28, 2014, 08:18:26 AM

Jonesd added: "It was only proposed by one person, so..."

Yes, I am that one person. But, I think everyone is missing my point. But, first off I would like to say that I was not an investor or a miner or anything else associated with that coin and had never even heard of it until it made the news as the biggest screw job in crypto-coin history. You can even check my posts on the matter (it was  awhile ago so you may have to go far back) to see that I was warning people to get out (there were still true believers even after the debacle) after the news hit and no comments beforehand (as I had never heard of it).

I would also like to say, that no one, and I mean no one should listen to a PND investor when it comes to PANDA. The entire reason for existing of PND was to poke a stick in the eye of PANDA holders.

I actually agree with every word in the quoted part, except "holders".
You shouldn't trust a PND comunity member with regards to PANDA, that's why I stated a full disclosure. But do your own research!
But PND wasn't made to poke a stick int the eye of PANDA "holders". It was made to screw the devs, yes. Because the devs were/are scammers and had already scammed people. Some of those are actually capable people.
I am sorry that people invested in PANDA nontheless. I got scammed myself on a (different) occasion, and it serves me well, for the future.

Meanwhile, their coin went to zero as well as apparently hate was not enough to fuel buyers.
But I can't agree on the second part of your post. You see, in the beginning PND was made to screw wolong, jacobux and co., and it succeded.
The interest was getting low, and it was delisted from the BTC markets. I've come around the PND comunity around that time.
That's when something magical happened. People started asking what was the future for PND, should we just let it go? PoS and merged mining was being discussed. A multipool was made for PND, and come on, how many coins can take pride in their own multipool? The dev made 3 tipbots. I started 1#, some other anon made dice and stuff.
Right now, the value is rising steadily. A comunity has formed, determined to made something more of PND.
Maybe a month ago it would seem that it would make a good candidate for this thread's pool. But we're making it on ourselves. And it's a great experience.

tl;dr:
1. PANDA is a scam, revive good coins not scams
2. PND has become much more since the initial release, check out the recent trends.
Activity: 157
Bohemian Crypto Guardian
April 28, 2014, 08:05:44 AM
Pages:
Jump to: