Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closed] Bitfury miner group buy + hosting (with ESCROW) - page 16. (Read 37283 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
Sorry for the delay. Payment will be with you this evening. I will update with tx id etc as requested.

No worries, we've got a way to go yet.

Looks like the July chips will ship very soon (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2739933) and design files etc. will provided for the DIYers who buy them. Looks like we will start to see some of these devices working quite soon - exciting times Grin!!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
mistermint,2,1,1Dk7YG43rSPatnHNJjLAUzwamhf62b1Nsq
Activity: 71
Sorry for the delay. Payment will be with you this evening. I will update with tx id etc as requested.

Hi All, we now have a product listing on bitfurystrikesback.com for the 25GH/s starter kit for October delivery (http://www.bitfurystrikesback.com/product/25gh-miner-starter-kit-october-delivery). Thanks Punin Grin! This gives us something to aim for, which is great. It's also nice to see that the starter kit + H-boards is still the cheapest way to build a 400GH/s miner, so I think this is still a good approach.
dawie,1,0.5,1A5wVw3jThtjVhXpDN6fX85nxrwtucywBe

OP updated, welcome!
Activity: 115
BTC for a better world
dawie,1,0.5,1A5wVw3jThtjVhXpDN6fX85nxrwtucywBe
If you haven't seen this already take a look at a bitfury asic hashing (https://bitcentury.io/blog). It's not being driven very hard, as they have no cooling yet, but still running at 1.2GH/s! 1.03 A at 0.8 V = 0.824 W - looking good Grin.
No problem, added to the list. Payment received.

Sounds like you're having fun Grin!
Activity: 560
Put me down for another 2 shares, please, in addition to my previous 3 (God, I love this ASIC mining).

Stinky_Pete,2,1.0
I hope you all bought your BTC last week by the way Wink. The market is looking bullish (long may it last)!
OP updated now and we're accepting payments. Please could you pay for any pledges in BTC to the account as described in the OP.

Let's get this thing going Grin!
OK, so there's no sign of an October delivery 25GH/s starter kit on bitfurystrikesback.com yet and I'm not sure waiting longer puts this GB in any better position. In fact if there were to be any movement, it would be better for us to be in a position to put an order in quickly. I get a sense from some of the posts on the bitfury threads that there have been a lot of orders that have yet to be paid (particularly in the US). There is a possibility (albeit a slim one) that August deliveries could open up again if people don't pay up. I don't think this is too likely, but it's possible.

I propose the following. We start collecting BTC rather than just pledges from later today. Unless there are strong objections I'll modify the OP at some time between 22:00 and 24:00 (BST) this evening with the new details including payment details. As discussed previously if you'd like to keep your place in the queue based on your pledges, please could you transfer BTC to the collection account within 24 hours of me modifying the OP later today.

The plan will remain the same. We collect funds for a 25GH/s starter kit (though for October delivery this time, assuming that punin's assurance that this option will be available is correct) and order this, we then keep collecting for H-boards to add to the miner and order these when enough funds are available. If bitfurystrikesback.com announce a significantly different price for the 25GH/s starter kits for October delivery we re-evaluate the options. This would include the potential to keep gathering funds for the full 400GH/s miner (Oct delivery) etc.
Maybe for long term purposes, the 400 GH/s miner is a better option. watching

Ninjaboon is right, the closer the miner gets to 400 GH/s the better it looks (as there is a premium on the starter kit in terms of GH/s/$). This is the case regardless of the delivery date of the starter kit.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
Maybe for long term purposes, the 400 GH/s miner is a better option. watching
OK, so I've just had a PM from Punin, who confirms that they will be offering 25GH/s starter kits for October delivery shortly Grin. I'll be watching for any developments. Perhaps we should wait for pricing to be confirmed before I update the OP and get you guys to transfer BTC to the escrow account. Keep an eye on this thread.
So, we are moving into pre-order territory, not a good place to be. It's a shame, I was hoping we could get an early start.

Am I right in thinking specs etc. for the master boards have been published? It's certainly worth investigating an alternative source, but if we can't get H-boards until October is there any point? Do you feel confident in your ability to set everything up, coming from multiple sources. It isn't something I'd be prepared to do with other peoples' money! Would bitfurystrikesback be prepared to sell us all the component parts and software ~ basically the whole starter kit without the master board?

I'm staying on board for now. I vote we continue collecting for an October delivery of starter kit plus as many H-boards as we can afford, unless the DIY route becomes less risky.

I think the August delivery was basically a pre-order too (although they may have already ordered the chips). At least the October offerings are generally much cheaper than the summer delivery offers, so price goes in the opposite direction to increasing difficulty. My preference would be the same as yours, to go for the same kit as planned and the same modular approach, but with the 25GH/s starter kit ordered for October delivery. The only problem is that at the moment there is no option on their site for a 25GH/s kit for October! I don't see any reason to offer H-boards in October without offering kits to put them in, so will keep badgering them about this until we get an answer. Will post an update as soon as I have news.
Activity: 560
So, we are moving into pre-order territory, not a good place to be. It's a shame, I was hoping we could get an early start.

Am I right in thinking specs etc. for the master boards have been published? It's certainly worth investigating an alternative source, but if we can't get H-boards until October is there any point? Do you feel confident in your ability to set everything up, coming from multiple sources. It isn't something I'd be prepared to do with other peoples' money! Would bitfurystrikesback be prepared to sell us all the component parts and software ~ basically the whole starter kit without the master board?

I'm staying on board for now. I vote we continue collecting for an October delivery of starter kit plus as many H-boards as we can afford, unless the DIY route becomes less risky.
Hi All, OK some bad news I'm afraid. www.bitfurystrikesback.com is showing the 25GH/s miner as out of stock (in fact all of the summer delivery kit seems to be out of stock). I think that the US resale site pretty much bought everything up in a day when they opened on Sunday.

So, we need to decide what to do now. My suggestion would be to continue collecting for an October delivery 25GH/s mining starter kit with some H-boards to add to this (also for October delivery) depending on how much we collect. However, I've still not had a reply from bitfurystrikesback.com about whether they will be offering this (I'll start pestering their thread now)! Another option would be to collect for a 400 GH/s miner for October delivery, although this is more expensive (7500 Euro + VAT), so will take longer before we are ready to buy. One final option that comes to mind is that we could collect for a number of H-boards (for October delivery, 350 Euro + VAT each) and look into options for somebody to build a master board for us to connect them to. I've a possibility in mind for this last option and will get in touch with them now about this.

Please post your thoughts on this. You are, of course, completely free to withdraw your pledges. Just post or send me a message if you'd like to do this.

The good news is that John K. has just sent the escrow contract and setup the escrow account (see above). I would suggest that nobody sends coins quite yet, until we have an agreed strategy for moving forward. Please send your thoughts on the above ASAP. I will explicitly post in this thread when I start the 24 hour pledge payment countdown - the clock is not ticking yet!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225
Away on an extended break
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for jlsminingcorp's Bitfury group buy is:

19HnCCDAGBZ9a2EY1mwsaKQv9CmW4z2y44

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery.
GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

Do note that I am only responsible for the funds up to the point it is sent to Bitfury.
Any losses incurred by Bitfury's or jlsminingcorp's failure to ship/reship will not be borne by me, but I will release the following data to aid in litigation actions.

In addition to that, I confirm the receipt of:

1) jlsminingcorp's Driving licence
2) jlsminingcorp's work email
3) jlsminingcorp's credit card statement

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
I am imposing a fixed and nonrefundable fee of 2% for this transaction, to be deducted when the funds are moved.

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
10 July 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJR3FWEAAoJEINT5jezqu6wkmgP/2mGv90S/c+iHoi4yWcdCrFx
cmLfN6Y0/nCuZTPiaxAiJBb6fA1w1zHhC7qlYnTQhPgms7Po8UaFFzZstwHoNcgR
uTOMb/32IlXsG2c+61uul0fezaSBiRlKMKyd7vyMpSVAE0Nz6Wz+FQj+tUoHrQAG
R2DdkClKILgriwrRvRbubthkyuXO0rWqbR2szCDLTemZtJXvSKvJQMhyJq/OC4LN
l0WbDFHaiE6sRCCoH3Vp3ILcqyGPL/T379MDa35gWZkI+qq6aDLp5dRMDHxzF4ac
HArkfGYcSlySqmaGbZaFKfkxATIv7HFmU4LhJUAp1H/e3e6IsCLNdrts8MF/DOop
SIn8azkZgzbs8qrnIE3gkwJxYkYv2sovA7LoHSbN56goEXSZ8wX5H7dcqP2/MhBi