Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Win a 50Gh 1 week mining contract worth ~230 BTC - page 4. (Read 3866 times)

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
4 days 23.5 hours remaining! What are you going to do with 50Gh for 1 week?
vip
hi, I would like to enter but have no mining or mining contracts experience, I have set up an account with ABC Pool, do you just point your miner at this for the winner, with their worker name & worker's password? Sorry to be such a noob

http://workername:[email protected]:8332

I have also set up an account with gpumax & added the ABC pool to it, I think it's correct but not certain if I need to add a worker there - or does this just complicate things for me, thanks

Hi Otoh,

If anyone doesn't have mining experience, don't worry. We'll help get you setup with a pool account and get you started if needed.

As for your specific situation, looks like you have everything setup correctly. We will point the hashing power wherever you like. Here is the FAQ from the main thread.

FAQ

Q: Can I point the hashing power where ever I like?
A: YES

Q: What will you do in the event of downtime?
A: The contract will be fulfilled based on the total number of difficulty 1 shares submitted. That number should be 7,040,798.

Q: How can i verify you guys are sending me 50Gh?
A: No need. As long as you get 7,040,798 shares sent to you, that's 50Gh for 7 days.

Best,
gigavps
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
hi, I would like to enter but have no mining or mining contracts experience, I have set up an account with ABC Pool, do you just point your miner at this for the winner, with their worker name & worker's password? Sorry to be such a noob

http://workername:[email protected]:8332

I have also set up an account with gpumax & added the ABC pool to it, I think it's correct but not certain if I need to add a worker there - or does this just complicate things for me, thanks
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Any chance you'd tell us how many tickets have been purchased? Wink
donator
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
My posts are seldom static, but always readable :)
This is exciting stuff! Not too long of a wait either! Shocked
vip
Yeah, you have quite a nice chance to win Tongue

Hi Ghodrick,

Should have put a  Wink to indicate my use of sarcasm there. Neither Amazingrando or I will be purchasing any tickets for the raffle. We are already supplying some of our mining incomes to this little project which is ~$1,200.

I think thats more than enough for the moment.  Smiley

Best,
gigavps
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hey, have you bought a ticket for yourself?

I have not. Might be a good idea!

Yeah, you have quite a nice chance to win Tongue
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
wow,50ghash,big project
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
I can see your mining thing is pretty steady, aha, you must have a brilliant computer engineer to keep it this stable.
vip

I have not. Might be a good idea!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
vip
5 days 22.5 hours remaining!
vip
Hello newbie bitcoiners,

Welcome to the 50Gh 1 week mining contract raffle!

You read that right. Amazingrando and I have teamed up to raffle off a massive 50Gh one week mining contract to the lucky winner. Each ticket is only .5 BTC each!

Imagine, turning .5 BTC into 223 BTC (or more if you run on GPUMAX), a return of at least 450 times the cost of a single ticket.

So you’re probably wondering, “how can I verify that these guys actually have the hashes to back this up”. We wondered the same thing.... so here are some links to ease your worries.

Gigavps’ farm monitoring page -> http://gigamining.com/mgpumon/
Amazingrando’s the top spot -> https://www.maxbtc.com/top-miners

Rules of the contest:

• The odds of winning this raffle is 1 / (total # of tickets sold)
  • This raffle will end on Friday, April 27, 2012 at 3pm EST.
  • You may purchase as many tickets as you like.
  • Whether buying a single ticket or bulk tickets, each ticket will have its own ticket number and therefore a unique hash.
  • The only piece of information you need to submit is your email address. This will be hashed so it will not be given out to the public.
  • The raffle will be decided by:
    • We will combine the SHA256 hash of each email address with the hash of your ticket number and the first block hash to be found after the raffle ends. Here is an example:
    • sha(sha(email) + sha(ticketNumber) + hashOfBlockFound)
    • The lowest hash wins!
  • The mining contract will start within 48 hours of second party validation of the results.

Enjoy and good luck!

Here is the original thread for non-noobs -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-50gh-1-week-mining-contract-worth-230-btc-77442
Pages:
Jump to: