Pages:
Author

Topic: Coca cola bottlers use Blockchain - page 5. (Read 499 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
November 05, 2019, 10:38:12 PM
That's a smart move from Coca Cola adapting the latest technology to improve efficiency and transparency. No more manual calculations everything will be recorded in the blockchain and it's more than reliable result.
What I can see as a disadvantage from developing this technology through various kinds of businesses is the possibility of less employments of manpower.

I don't think it is going to affect the number of manpower. In fact, it might do the contrary. This step might even add manpower to the company because with this, they will surely hire blockchain-competent staff that will implement and oversee the implementation as well as operation of this new adoption. Before adopting blockchain, I don't think the calculations done in the bottling plants are done manually. This is just an addition for more efficiency and transparency.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
November 05, 2019, 10:31:02 PM

Coca Cola bottles use blockchain technology to manage their cross-party transactions. Coke One North America (CONA) - a technology company that manages IT operations for bottling soda coca cola - uses blockchain technology developed by the German software company SAP to manage its supply chain. CONA was assigned to manage a platform as a watchdog for several franchises that produce, ship bottles, and ship 160,000 orders for Coca-Cola products every day. Yes, everything will be faster and easier for calculations and transactions if it uses a blockchain. More transparent and efficient.

This is already a proven fact: Blockchain technology can enhance and greatly improve the supply chain management of any company or business. Good to see that even a Coca-Cola business is now utilizing the blockchain technology for the same purpose. Just one of the many good and successful stories of how the blockchain technology can be adopted and modified to suit a business' situation and need. And we should not be wondering why China's President Xi Jinping specifically ordered the exploration and wide acceptance of this technology across many industries in that country. So from now on every time we are drinking Coke, know for sure that it comes to your hands while using the benefits of the blockchain technology. But where is Bitcoin? Ahh, the one holding the coke must be using his Bitcoin to pay the drink, using the LN network.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
November 05, 2019, 10:05:14 PM
That's a smart move from Coca Cola adapting the latest technology to improve efficiency and transparency. No more manual calculations everything will be recorded in the blockchain and it's more than reliable result.
What I can see as a disadvantage from developing this technology through various kinds of businesses is the possibility of less employments of manpower.
yes guys, you are right it will reduce employees (in the task of recording) but every day, the progress of world technology is getting faster. and to overcome that, the coca cola bottle company must take quick steps too. so as not to be slow. and adopting blockchain technology is one of the best steps. I hope other companies use blockchain soon.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
November 05, 2019, 09:48:07 PM
legendary
November 05, 2019, 09:01:10 PM
Please link an article that people are able to see without being forced to sign up/pay a fee to read. Here is one (I'd recommend editing your main thread for it) -

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coca-cola-using-blockchain-for-21-billion-per-year-network#:~:targetText=Coca%20Cola%20Using%20Blockchain%20for%20%2421%2DBillion%2DPer%2DYear,manage%20their%20cross%2Dparty%20transactions.&targetText=Coca%20Cola's%20bottlers%20are%20implementing%20blockchain,manage%20their%20cross%2Dparty%20transactions.

"There are a number of transactions that are cross-companies and multiparty that are inefficient. They go through intermediaries; they are very slow. And we felt that we could improve this and save some money.”
These guys sound very smart and open-minded, I appreciate them being able to see the use cases of blockchain technology, it's actually pretty rare to find big companies be open to change.

Our coming years are going to be very huge, can't wait for what companies want to innovate next!
Okey guys, I will add your link above ... because indeed it is forcing readers to signup / signin ... thanks.
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
November 05, 2019, 08:54:54 PM
Please link an article that people are able to see without being forced to sign up/pay a fee to read. Here is one (I'd recommend editing your main thread for it) -

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coca-cola-using-blockchain-for-21-billion-per-year-network#:~:targetText=Coca%20Cola%20Using%20Blockchain%20for%20%2421%2DBillion%2DPer%2DYear,manage%20their%20cross%2Dparty%20transactions.&targetText=Coca%20Cola's%20bottlers%20are%20implementing%20blockchain,manage%20their%20cross%2Dparty%20transactions.

"There are a number of transactions that are cross-companies and multiparty that are inefficient. They go through intermediaries; they are very slow. And we felt that we could improve this and save some money.”
These guys sound very smart and open-minded, I appreciate them being able to see the use cases of blockchain technology, it's actually pretty rare to find big companies be open to change.

Our coming years are going to be very huge, can't wait for what companies want to innovate next!
legendary
November 05, 2019, 08:48:54 PM
https://www.businessinsider.com/coca-cola-bottlers-sap-scaling-up-a-major-blockchain-project-2019-10?r=US&IR=T

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coca-cola-using-blockchain-for-21-billion-per-year-network

Coca Cola bottles use blockchain technology to manage their cross-party transactions.

A report from Business Insider today November 5, 2019 reveals that Coke One North America (CONA) - a technology company that manages IT operations for bottling soda coca cola - uses blockchain technology developed by the German software company SAP to manage its supply chain.

Able to Manage 160,000 Orders Per Day
CONA was assigned to manage a platform as a watchdog for several franchises that produce, ship bottles, and ship 160,000 orders for Coca-Cola products every day. Andrei Semenov, senior manager at CONA, told Business Insider:

"There are a number of inefficient cross-company and multiparty transactions. They passed a number of intermediaries; and this is very slow. We feel that we can overcome this problem and save more money of course. "

With the blockchain, CONA hopes to reduce the duration of order reconciliation from 50 days to just a few days. Ledgers that are distributed across organizations and transparently will provide real-time insight into transactions carried out by all the different bottlers in the network, which generate revenues of more than 21 billion US dollars per year.

yes, everything will be faster and easier for calculations and transactions if it uses a blockchain. more transparent and efficient.
Pages:
Jump to: