Pages:
Author

Topic: COD Infinite Warfare's size is 130GB, and people cry about 85GB of blockchain? - page 2. (Read 988 times)

YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
Haven't ever experienced a throttle personally, and I use pretty large amounts of bandwidth monthly.

I did a couple of years ago. They didn't even tell me how much I'd used, and it can't have been very much as I don't really download very much at all. They kindly reduced me to 100 kbps for several weeks. I'm rather rural so don't have much choice in terms of providers.

At 100kbps you can't even load an HTML page quickly. must have been annoying. Here they state "unlimited bandwidth" but I have heard stories about people who torrent a lot get throttled. but they don't tell you anything, you just load Google for 5 seconds one morning.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Haven't ever experienced a throttle personally, and I use pretty large amounts of bandwidth monthly.

I did a couple of years ago. They didn't even tell me how much I'd used, and it can't have been very much as I don't really download very much at all. They kindly reduced me to 100 kbps for several weeks. I'm rather rural so don't have much choice in terms of providers.
YIz
Obtaining it might be. I've known people with supposedly unlimited broadband who got throttled after downloading 30gb in a month. Maybe they had shit providers.

Activity: 490
Merit: 520
People are still complaining (and a lot more so) about the 130GB install than they have complained in the past, at least per person. Titanfall, back when it was 60GB was complained about a lot. GTAV was a bit more justified considering the size of the game. 85 Gigs isn't anything to scoff at for a lot of people, and where I am that is nearly a 1/5th of my total monthly data cap. Caps will go up with time, but the thing is a lot of people right now might not be able to deal with the required cap and their available data.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
Obtaining it might be. I've known people with supposedly unlimited broadband who got throttled after downloading 30gb in a month. Maybe they had shit providers.

Yeah, that could be.  On the other hand, anyone wanting or needing the WHOLE blockchain might consider downloading from a special service that has faster service.

I just saw a SanDisk flash drive (256 GB) on sale at Best Buy for $55 (!!).  Memory is getting cheap as we get closer to a denouement in our economy (but that's for another thread).
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
YIz
Call of Duty's new title will require 130GB of disk space. It does include the remastered COD4 version which is included in the box.

Games are getting heavier, I think 80GB is going to be around the average size of AAA games in 2017.

Bitcoin blockchain's size is nothing to worry about folks.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/10/05/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-legacy-edition-box-reveals-a-whopping-130gb-hdd-requirement/
Pages:
Jump to: