Pages:
Author

Topic: coin cloning guide - page 2. (Read 19323 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 07, 2016, 05:49:05 PM
7. Checkpointing the premine.
Recompile you client.
Back up your  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin folder. This now has your premine.
You now need to check the checkpoints are correct. On the client that does not have the premine, navigate to  C:\Users\(YOUR**PC**NAME)\AppData\Roaming\clonecoin and delete all contents besides your wallet.dat(Very Important Do NOT DELETE) and clonecoin.conf files.

Restart the client. If your checkpoints are correct the client should update and sync without issues.

On this step, I got "wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed" message on the client (the one that does not have the premine. I deleted all files except fcoin.conf and wallet.dat).

I did everything as marked.
However, my premined coins are still immature at this point. Is this right? Does it worth to checkpoint blocks that are not yet matured? Or I need to wait for them to be matured, and include the first 40-50 blocks in the checkpoint.cpp?

Activity: 707
Merit: 505
April 02, 2016, 06:09:35 PM
You can create altcoins on the fly using git and docker:
https://github.com/derrend/bitcoinclone
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
July 30, 2015, 10:41:13 PM
better to buy these coins
I see some sites provide manufacturing coins including block and richlist Roll Eyes
Activity: 1098
Merit: 500
July 30, 2015, 10:35:51 PM
Wow makes your head spin. Yeah mad props to the coin devs out there.  Huh Shocked Huh
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
July 30, 2015, 10:33:42 PM
and it is getting interesting day by day, thanks to u all legends out there.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
July 29, 2015, 04:53:30 AM
That stuff should all be macros / constants / config-file settings, so folks don't have to touch the code to change it all.

Would make it much easier for folks to keep their shitcoins up to date with the latest bitcoin code.

-MarkM-
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
July 29, 2015, 04:51:36 AM
Everything you should need in one place.

The one posted earlier in this thread is the "How to Clone Litecoin- Scrypt Coins- Windows 32 bit Litecoind and Litecoin Cloning Guide." link in my thread.

Took me a long time to pull that together. Information on this stuff is not typically shared.

Not all of it will be 100% spot on for your project. But between them all you should be able to get the job done.

Don't be afraid to jump into other links when you get stuck. Odds are the answer is in another castle.

If you find it helpful bump the post. Amazingly it's seen extremely little attention.

I urge you to figure out your moral line before you start and stick to it once you launch. Many find that once they learn how to clone their desire to make btc outweighs their desire to make something people might like to trade and shitcoins backed by nothing but lies results. Your clone doesn't have to be innovative, but please don't try to trick people into believing it's more than what it is.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
July 28, 2015, 10:37:01 PM
I'm amazed by this tutorial, I'm really grateful!!

The current (master) version of litecoin is slightly different from the one used in this tutorial. Anybody knows which is the version of litecoin used in this tutorial? I'd like to use the same...

Thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
July 12, 2015, 10:25:07 AM
interesting guide but remember you guys need to have zlib and gcc compiler to build qrencode and can be installed it in mingw32 initial libraries selection

Hmm, you must have missed this work around for it. In this guide I didn't build the gcc+ compiler  into the MingW base, we use a work around. 2 years ago I would have used that approach but do not anymore.

Download and extract mingw32 to C:\mingw32
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.9.1/theads-posix/dwarf/i686-4.9.1-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v3-rev1.7z/download
You now need to change the path variables. Go to control panel->system and security->system. Click on advanced system properties->environmental variables. In the top box navigate to PATH and change to
Code:
C:\mingw32\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
legendary
Activity: 1764
July 12, 2015, 12:31:04 AM
could anyone point how to clone altcoin without having a knowldge of any programming Smiley heard there is a guide but coudnt find its traces in google.

pm bobsurplus for it. chance his team can creating you one for 0.69btc, basically it's just a copy and paste. this guy hang around CIRC right now.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
July 11, 2015, 11:24:58 PM
interesting guide but remember you guys need to have zlib and gcc compiler to build qrencode and can be installed it in mingw32 initial libraries selection
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 11, 2015, 10:00:46 PM
respect for all the devs that is a lot of work pff

That's just for cloning a coin. If you want to implement any new features, there's a lot more work. Actually, developing a coin (rather than just making a copy and paste clone) is a never-ending and thankless job.

Yes. 99% of dev work goes unrewarded.

That's what why i made a thread, what is your reason being a dev?  Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11735245

greetings

There is a rare breed of idealists (people with food and shelter already covered) that are dedicated to advancing the power and freedom of mankind. Out of this small group there is an even smaller group of developers, and out of that group a handful of altcoin developers. Find the handful, embrace the handful.

like your statement Find the handful, embrace the handful and one emerging member of this handful group is at your service Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
July 11, 2015, 09:17:43 PM

That's just for cloning a coin. If you want to implement any new features, there's a lot more work. Actually, developing a coin (rather than just making a copy and paste clone) is a never-ending and thankless job.

That's what why i made a thread, what is your reason being a dev?  Smiley

greetings

There is a rare breed of idealists (people with food and shelter already covered) that are dedicated to advancing the power and freedom of mankind. Out of this small group there is an even smaller group of developers, and out of that group a handful of altcoin developers. Find the handful, embrace the handful.
Activity: 672
July 11, 2015, 07:53:18 PM

That's what why i made a thread, what is your reason being a dev?  Smiley

greetings
July 11, 2015, 04:45:16 PM
that is amazing for a noob like me its a work for a month but will definately do this and muddafudda appreciate your assistance and help for this guide

This guide is famous (kudos to Mudda) - I am suprised you couldn't find it.

do you have a link to site i found one for foocoin but it seems that is not working bcoz spent amost 5 days and later someone told me its obsolete
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
July 11, 2015, 04:42:50 PM
that is amazing for a noob like me its a work for a month but will definately do this and muddafudda appreciate your assistance and help for this guide

This guide is famous (kudos to Mudda) - I am suprised you couldn't find it.
July 11, 2015, 03:58:33 PM
legendary
Activity: 938
July 10, 2015, 01:56:03 PM
Interesting,

Somebody have tried Qt 5.5.0 I hear that some changes need be done to compile.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
July 10, 2015, 12:30:43 PM

Activity: 546
AKA The Rubber Monkey
July 10, 2015, 11:40:10 AM

Pages:
Jump to: