Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase banned Germany & Luxembourg - page 4. (Read 6470 times)

legendary
Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015
July 07, 2016, 09:42:24 AM
Wait is Localbitcoins really banned in Germany? Is the German government going to ban the use of Bitcoin in  the country or are they waiting to legalize it or something?

The site itself is not banned, you can still open it from Germany. However, localbitcoins itself decided not to serve customers in Germany anymore.

I guess people in Germany still trade Bitcoins for cash among themselves right?

Yes, some do. There is also bitcoin.de and coinimal.com, both serving customers from Germany.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Defender of Bitcoin
July 07, 2016, 09:37:59 AM
Wait is Localbitcoins really banned in Germany? Is the German government going to ban the use of Bitcoin in  the country or are they waiting to legalize it or something? I thought it was pretty easy to set up a person-to-person exchange of coins against cash. I guess people in Germany still trade Bitcoins for cash among themselves right?
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
July 07, 2016, 09:24:34 AM
Hey,

I am logged into my account Coinbase to buy Bitcoins.

I get the following message:

Sorry! Buy & Sell not available in Germany

We are not able to Provide exchanging bitcoin in your region yet. Consider Contacting your local government. Learn More>

It seems to be also affected Luxembourg alongside Germany.
The rest of Europe (32) are not affected.

Since Localbitcoin is banned in Germany, seems probably because the German "local government" there which prohibit.

Does anyone have any info, is on what legal basis prohibited here?

Very easy fix: VPN

VPN is not the solution for it. If its a ban from the government the website won't function but its indicated as buying and selling not available for Germany and Luxembourg.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
July 07, 2016, 09:22:03 AM
Hey,

We are not able to Provide exchanging bitcoin in your region yet. Consider Contacting your local government. Learn More>

Since Localbitcoin is banned in Germany, seems probably because the German "local government" there which prohibit.

Will this still work if OP is trying to use a German bank card?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
July 07, 2016, 09:21:49 AM
Hopefully this is not the beginning of a more major attack on Bitcoin. I also wouldn't be surprised to see in the coming months, although, that they resolve the issue and are able to sell to their German customers again. Coinbase offers a great service and the German people deserve to be able to take part in the program.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
July 07, 2016, 09:19:11 AM
Hey,

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
July 07, 2016, 08:56:39 AM
They must comply with local law, I assume they're not doing that, so, no business there. Smiley
Activity: 368
Merit: 212
Don't buy Bitcoin - Earn it
July 07, 2016, 08:53:56 AM
Hey,

Pages:
Jump to: