Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase going busto? Numerous people not getting paid by Coinbase currently. - page 3. (Read 6542 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Yeah, you're spot on. That's the biggest bullshit that people spout here, especially the old timers. I've been here almost four years and everyone says well it's you're fault you lost money because you should know better than to trust X company. Well if I have to keep my Bitcoins locked up in a closet the rest of my life because I can't trust anyone then what the fuck good are they?

Store them yourself and spend them at shops you trust. What is the problem?

Here is a quick and dirty method to avoid getting scammed: Only spend your coins at shops that have existed longer than Bitcoin (have a business model that functions without Bitcoin).

Also, if you are trying to "get rich quick", you are probably going to have a bad time.

Really Holiday, really. And what if I want cash? Can you point me to the Bitcoin exchange that's been here since before Bitcoin?
legendary
I don't think that we should jump to conclusions just because something takes a while at some point. Do we have any official explanation about this whatsoever? This kind of stuff may have several valid reasons!
It doesn't matter what the "reasons" are. Depositors have a right to withdraw funds whenever the depositor wants to. If Coinbase is legit, it won't hurt them at all if every depositor withdraws all their funds. If Coinbase has been stealing customer funds, it's better to find that out sooner than later.

So withdraw all funds from Coinbase now.

ROFL

Yeah, take them all out immediately. Make sure they go out of business.

I do have to agree that you should be treating them the same way you would treat a small bank. Think of it this way, if you went down to your local bank to withdraw your money and they didn't immediately give it to you would you ever use that bank again?

How could you not trust this guy? He is a 25 year old veteran of the financial services industry. LOL
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
I don't think that we should jump to conclusions just because something takes a while at some point. Do we have any official explanation about this whatsoever? This kind of stuff may have several valid reasons!
It doesn't matter what the "reasons" are. Depositors have a right to withdraw funds whenever the depositor wants to. If Coinbase is legit, it won't hurt them at all if every depositor withdraws all their funds. If Coinbase has been stealing customer funds, it's better to find that out sooner than later.

So withdraw all funds from Coinbase now.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I heard that they sent emails regarding the issues woth the deposits and wothdrawals. But that is beyond me.
More or less, the more time they take to solve this issue, the more trust they lose from the people that use CB.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
legendary
People are just making stories so people will withdraw their money and deposit somewhere else. I am using coinbase everyday and never had any issues.

Please delete this thread mod

Or some folks have legitimate concerns.
The main issue is people not getting their money, and losing the ability to trade because of Coinbase issues. Its not about the owners are going to flee
or the company are going down.

I just experienced this my self with Cryptsy. My deposit took just over 80 hours to arrive. By that time
the coin i wanted to trade with had lost the moment. This is a big problem which happens with all these companies.
AS far as I can tell BTC operations are running around as if its the wild west and if it all goes horribly
wrong the answer is - Its your fault you lost because your trading in BTC. This is nonsense and needs to be stamped out.

As for me I trust no one or any organisation. I would like that to change however.

Yeah, you're spot on. That's the biggest bullshit that people spout here, especially the old timers. I've been here almost four years and everyone says well it's you're fault you lost money because you should know better than to trust X company. Well if I have to keep my Bitcoins locked up in a closet the rest of my life because I can't trust anyone then what the fuck good are they?
Activity: 770
Merit: 506
People are just making stories so people will withdraw their money and deposit somewhere else. I am using coinbase everyday and never had any issues.

Or some folks have legitimate concerns.
The main issue is people not getting their money, and losing the ability to trade because of Coinbase issues. Its not about the owners are going to flee
or the company are going down.

I just experienced this my self with Cryptsy. My deposit took just over 80 hours to arrive. By that time
the coin i wanted to trade with had lost the moment. This is a big problem which happens with all these companies.
AS far as I can tell BTC operations are running around as if its the wild west and if it all goes horribly
wrong the answer is - Its your fault you lost because your trading in BTC. This is nonsense and needs to be stamped out.

As for me I trust no one or any organisation. I would like that to change however.
Activity: 218
Merit: 101
My coinbase account was frozen too.  

They said it was because I had multiple accounts and instructed me on how to close the others. I did this and now they won't respond back after about 3-5 emails.

I haven't tried to sell there since, but I kind of figure that it is a no go on that as well.

(they don't have any of my Bitcoins of course)

Do you use same multiple accounts on yourself? or have member of the same household having different account?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

They said it was because I had multiple accounts and instructed me on how to close the others. I did this and now they won't respond back after about 3-5 emails.

I haven't tried to sell there since, but I kind of figure that it is a no go on that as well.

They are probably just snowed under right now, i cant see how they can be busto more likely trying to work out what to do with all the money.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com

Activity: 115
I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...
Looks like fud. Companies sometimes have problems but most people seem to be getting their money fine.

No, they are actually not paying people.  I am personally VERY affected.
TYT
Activity: 78
Looks like fud. Companies sometimes have problems but most people seem to be getting their money fine.
legendary
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

I initiated two sales in the past 10 days and nothing out of the ordinary.

Received both on the day stated.

Combined for over $13K.

No issues ever with Coinbase across a hundred or more buys and sales in the past year.

~BCX~

Same here. The problems I've had with them were all eventually resolved. Growing pains can be a real bitch, but doesn't meant hey are scammers. Indeed they are pioneering the future of consumer bitcoin.
Activity: 66
I wonder when they are going to re initiate the transaction i made back in october of 2013 as promised in which I was shorted a decent amount of money.   Huh Huh Huh

Huh? Could you elaborate? Was that some transaction that got cancelled or something? I guess you wrote the support? It surely won't take this long to be executed normally! But any info on this would be appreciated!

Basically if you do research of Coinbase history you find out many sell/buy orders in the past were cancelled without any compenzation. Like you bought 1BTC when the price was 800 USD, but after few days your buy order was cancelled. The support tells you can do the transaction again, but unfortunatelly for you the price is now 850 USD.

So much about Coinbase.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
I haven't faced any problem with coinbase yet?
legendary
We're in a holiday weekend. If any withdrawal is delayed past the end of next week, it's time to start talking to lawyers and collection agencies.  You might call up the accounts receivable managers at some of their big customers and see if they're seeing trouble. Buying a credit report on Coinbase from Dun and Bradstreet is worthwhile, and if they're not paying on time, report them to D&B. California small claims court goes up to $10,000, and if they owe you less than that, file in small claims court. That will get you action.

Late payment is a big red flag. Don't delay acting.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
This is a link to a thread I started about 10 weeks ago.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinbase-having-serious-technical-issues-651712

I recommend reading the links in post #5 in the thread:

Arvicco - "I'm surprised no one is talking about this to the community. All the figureheads are just regurgitating nonsense about how great Coinbase is for Bitcoin community. At the same time, users are posting horror stories about practical Coinbase experience on a regular basis: ..."

For those of you who feel all is well with Coinbase (you could be correct), simply ignore.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
Coinbase needs to make a official statement to clarify all the detail. Otherwise it has bad influence and some users may scare to go there.
Activity: 84
Though some people are desperately relying on coinbase,
for the average joe, I would say don't worry about it too much.
Coinbase will have it up and running sooner or later.
They have a reputation and they probably don't want to end up being the next Mtgox
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: