Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase - *Positive* Feedback - page 2. (Read 3779 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
November 25, 2013, 12:17:08 AM
I'm not sure how I am putting the blame on the wrong entity when there's a giant thread with people all over the world needing 6+ weeks to get their money out of Gox Wink  In my case yes its USD but I am hardly alone.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
November 25, 2013, 12:11:04 AM
I've bought and sold several times now and know to always add an extra business day or two to their estimation to get my money back.  That said the instant buy option is outstanding for when I need some quick funds and they are certainly a crapload better than Mt. Gox to get fiat out of!
No, you don't have problems getting fiat out of MtGox, you have problems getting USD out. I don't vouch for MtGox, but you're putting the blame on the wrong entity.

I don't blame Mt. Gox for not sending my $5k wire...I just don't have the insight to know exactly where the problem lies and if there is a solution that they could employ.

I do blame Mt. Gox for giving me false and misleading information about expectations.  They should have said in big bold letters "We cannot allow withdrawls of USD at this time and we do not know when we will be able to do so."  That would have been an honest and appreciated bit of information that I could have used in my planning.

It's quite possible that I'll be doing millions of dollars worth of activity in the coming years and very unlikely that Mt. Gox will see a dime of it since they are have been demonstrably untrustworthy.

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
November 25, 2013, 12:04:35 AM
I've bought and sold several times now and know to always add an extra business day or two to their estimation to get my money back.  That said the instant buy option is outstanding for when I need some quick funds and they are certainly a crapload better than Mt. Gox to get fiat out of!
No, you don't have problems getting fiat out of MtGox, you have problems getting USD out. I don't vouch for MtGox, but you're putting the blame on the wrong entity.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 24, 2013, 11:58:32 PM
I've sold 200 bitcoin total with them, and didn't have an issue. This was also prior to all the posts about problems with buy orders.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
November 24, 2013, 11:31:09 PM

That's not saying much.  Mt. Gox has been sitting on my $5k international wire for more than a quarter now.

So far all of my experiences with Coinbase (all me selling) have been good.  I'll be sure and provide an update if that changes.

November 24, 2013, 08:56:35 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
November 24, 2013, 05:17:27 PM
I've done well over 50 transactions with Coinbase; all of them have gone well.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 24, 2013, 05:05:34 PM
It's interesting to hear that lysanderspooner got a response from Coinbase in about 5 hours and withdrawal the next day. I cashed out different amounts of BTC on Monday and Wed, contacted them on Thurs. No response. No money. Hoping all credits to my bank account on Monday. Of course it's  right when I'm leaving for vacation that this would happen and I can't access my funds. Not happy  Undecided
November 24, 2013, 03:47:39 PM
Nope. I am indian and transacting!!
Activity: 107
Merit: 100
November 24, 2013, 01:39:23 PM
Is coinbase acessible only to US cutomers?
November 24, 2013, 12:25:44 PM
No problem at all. Uptill now don't know about future. But still great site . Would recommend.
November 24, 2013, 10:26:14 AM
Thumbs up for Coinbase. I only have Positive feedback for them.

However the verification process was a headache, hopefully theres an easier way in the future.

No problems whatsoever. I trust them completely with storing pocket-coins to send around and linking to bank account. I've purchased quite a few coins already and they all have arrived when they were suppose to arrive.
Activity: 321
November 24, 2013, 05:40:51 AM
yay for trusting your bitcoins to others.  Please don't whine on here when they go poof, or you have big delays, or whatever.

I'll just continue to buy locally with cash and safekeep my own, without giving up any privacy or control, thanks.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
November 24, 2013, 05:23:03 AM
Gonna keep an eye on this thread as it is key that I know who is compromised and who is not

Thanks for posting in such detail

It takes time and I appreciate it
Activity: 12
November 24, 2013, 05:17:59 AM
I had the exact same experience as csargent this past week too. Cashed out BTC was expecting my money in my account on Wed and on Wed nothing was there. I also was not able to sign into my account either because the SMS verification wasn't working for some reason. I emailed them and they got back to me in about 5 hours and said the transfer took about 3-4 days. I could log into my account a few hours later during the day, and my money was in my account on Thursday. I just think their notification of when the money would arrive in the bank account is a bit inaccurate and it depends on the bank. They've never failed me as far as selling/buying, etc. I've never not had things go missing, so my overall experience them has been very good despite my recent worry.
November 23, 2013, 09:40:11 AM
Have had positive experience with coinbase until recently, withdrew BTC to Fiat on Monday, was supposed to be in my account by Wed. Nothing. Noted that I had supposedly purchased more BTC on Wed (had not done such a thing!) - Then noted that this was supposedly an "adjusting entry" for my previous BTC sell. No idea what that means. Emailed support, 48 hours and no response. I sold the BTC I was "given" - not even sure that it's a valid sale and why I was given BTC at a random price on Wed when I sold at a specific price on Monday. I leave for Tokyo next week and no money in the bank account I was planning on using. Extremely unhappy and concerned.
Activity: 21
November 22, 2013, 11:49:48 PM
I too have nothing but positive experience with Coinbase. Every single coin have been delivered so far, even during that huge spike

Activity: 43
November 22, 2013, 07:54:49 PM
I too was worried about potentially getting the "suspicious activity" reason for cancelling a buy order.  I was especially worried because this was my first very large order and the price of Bitcoin had moved up nicely since I had placed the buy.

Bottom line: no issues at all.  No issues with my bank as well (USAA).  Coinbase delivered my coins exactly when they had promised. 
Activity: 188
Merit: 102
November 22, 2013, 07:37:54 PM
I have had zero problems with coinbase, except one time they got out synch with the blockchain and an email to support was answered and problem solved in under 24 hours.  Once I verified a credit card to get the 'instant' feature turned on, things have been absolutely seamless.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
November 22, 2013, 12:59:29 PM
My transactions with them have been smooth as well.
Pages:
Jump to: