Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase - *Positive* Feedback - page 3. (Read 3779 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
November 22, 2013, 12:06:25 PM
I ordered 3 coins last Friday as my first ever purchase and was definitely worried they wouldn't arrive on their scheduled date due to all the complaints I had seen about "High risk" transactions once prices dramatically rise.

I received them as promised that very morning at the locked in price from last Friday with absolutely no problems. As I said in another forum, I don't think people talk as much about successful purchases as much as they do about failed ones, giving the appearance that they cancel every purchase whenever the price of bitcoin shoots up.

I hope your transaction goes through! I'm going to give the instant buy verification a try early next week once they get some more in stock
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 21, 2013, 09:23:32 PM
I have been reading complaints from a couple of forum users about Coinbase lately, so I wanted to give my opinion as well. I have bought from Coinbase twice over the past few months, first a small amount (5 btc) and then a larger amount (40 btc). I verified my identity fully before placing both of the orders, and both of them went through successfully. I have also spoken to a couple of guys from their support team and they seemed to be quite helpful. So I just wanted to chime in and give a positive story about them, as I've noticed people generally only post about services when there is something negative to say.

I placed 2 more orders this week - one for 15 btc and one for 10 btc (both on the same day). The money has left my bank account and I am just waiting for Coinbase to credit the coins, which they've estimated will happen this upcoming Monday. I will update this thread with positive or negative feedback depending on whether these 2 recent transactions go through. My information is the same and my trade volume is not unusual compared to my previous orders, and the only thing different about these orders were that they were placed on days of higher volatility (I placed both orders when btc was about $560, and now it is listed at $720). If these trades are rejected, then we will know that they are surely acting in a dishonest manner, however if both trades are accepted then it is likely that they are in fact a legitimate company and other customers may actually just be tipping the risk-meter for some other reason.

Hopefully everything goes through successfully, and if so I will continue to use Coinbase and recommend it as I have been doing so far.
Pages:
Jump to: