Pages:
Author

Topic: COINBASE - Serious Issue - Reversing Bank Deposits, erroneous withdrawals, etc.. - page 4. (Read 9318 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
First off, I'm a long time bitcoiner, been with coinbase since the very, very, begining. (Back when they were giving free 0.1 BTC for sign up). I'm verified, and verified at all the exchanges. I've been a speaker at the Bitcoin Conference, used to be big in terracoin, most people should kinda know me, and nothing to hide, etc....

So the week before thanksgiving I sold a number of bitcoin, less then 5, using coinbase. Transaction went fine, was a bit delayed, but the money for the sold bitcoin was deposited in my bank account.

Today however I see that they have DEBITED my bank account for the exact same amount they previously deposited. No coins have been returned on my coinbase account however, and my bank account is now overdrawn by a could hundred dollars.

I'm traveling at the moment and you can imagine my surprise when I tried to pay my airport taxi this morning and the charge was refused. I've received no email or information from Coinbase whatsoever to explain what has happened here. I have written support, but not heard back as of yet.

Yes I have my bank account linked- as I THOUGHT Coinbase was a trustworthy company as they are a leader in the field. I am furious at the idea they will reverse bitcoin sales buy force debiting your account without notifying you. It was all I could do to find a way to pay for my taxi at JFK and now of course I'm on the hook for overdraft fee's at my bank.

Has anyone else experienced a problem link this? I am absolutely dumbfounded.

EDIT: I changed the subject line to sound less dramatic and inflamatory. Obviously I'm calming down a bit, but still stocked and very much upset.
Pages:
Jump to: