Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbet.cc -- $340,000 stolen, the worst 45 days of my life. [Long] - page 4. (Read 41592 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
THey always struck me as an operation located in the US.  If you can gather enough proof you could certainly sue them, I believe, in any US state or in federal court.  It wouldn't be easy but for $340k, you definitely could get something back.  The biggest obstacle is proof of who the owners of the site were.  If Coinbet was not incorporated anywhere, then you could go after the owners individually.  Usually you can search the state business records to see if an entity is incorporated.  Has anyone tried Florida?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
its been said a few times that that customer service guy was paul and that blogger from many pages back said he was paul regan from florida. 

i'm about 97% certain this is his facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.regan.313

i sent him ONE message about coinbet and he changed his privacy settings almost immediately, but i have the original page up on my computer still with all his information.  he's from florida, formerly NY and if you google coinbet, paul regan you get to that profile.

https://www.google.com/search?q=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&oq=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2.6826j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

i think he's the weakest link and we should all take a trip to florida and confront him.  see what he knows.

So you are getting closer to the owners, it seems it was a case of bad management, can someone confirm?
Activity: 658
Let's keep the pressure going if they are reading this they should be shitting there pants we are closing in... let's see what paul has to say!!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Simon's blog is rediculous. He said that player's were owed $5,000,000 and that Coinbet's starting capital was $30,000. You should disregard everything that Simon posts.

possibly.  but in this particular instance he posted screen shots of his email conversation with paul regan.
Simon says a stiff wind is a tornado or a tornado is a stiff wind depending on his point.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Simon's blog is rediculous. He said that player's were owed $5,000,000 and that Coinbet's starting capital was $30,000. You should disregard everything that Simon posts.

possibly.  but in this particular instance he posted screen shots of his email conversation with paul regan.

That seems like typical coinbet though: Hire unsuspecting employees who need money and use their real names and have them tow the line without knowing about the scam or the end game, or steal peoples identities themselves and run with them.

I still think vince and john are your best leads, though some of the info you sent me privately kinda looks good as well. Hard to say what is what at this point though.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
its been said a few times that that customer service guy was paul and that blogger from many pages back said he was paul regan from florida. 

i'm about 97% certain this is his facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.regan.313

i sent him ONE message about coinbet and he changed his privacy settings almost immediately, but i have the original page up on my computer still with all his information.  he's from florida, formerly NY and if you google coinbet, paul regan you get to that profile.

https://www.google.com/search?q=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&oq=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2.6826j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

i think he's the weakest link and we should all take a trip to florida and confront him.  see what he knows.
Has anyone received word from them lately? Or checked out coinbetnow on twitter?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
This is why I try to not keep more than 1 BTC on any given site. Even then it was bitbookk. They caved but at least they let you get your BTC back before they closed.

A good rule could be not to leave more than 5% on any given site, 10-15% if you have reasons to trust the website
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
Left them negative feedback, it's sad that there are still uncivilized baboons in this world.  I'm not much into law, but hope you can somehow retreive your money from these assholes.

Good Luck.
Carpe Diem
This is why I try to not keep more than 1 BTC on any given site. Even then it was bitbookk. They caved but at least they let you get your BTC back before they closed.
Activity: 593
Merit: 271
I do wish the more known bitcoin books converted your BTC to USD like coinbet did, then you can withdraw back to BTC  when you feel like you're getting a fair price.

Exactly my thoughts. This is why I have Jetwin in my BTC-SB's portfolio.
Activity: 561
that really sucks - did you manage to get back some cash?

OP didn't get it back, and will very likely never get it back. Sad
There is no way to contact the scammers now, as the email no longer work.
Activity: 239
In the middle of all this drama, OP's internet connection is named Horse_Cock , LOL !
I do wish people wouldn't fucking rob me blind... anyone find anything on these guys... If we do ever get this morning back I will give a 5 btc bounty on info
I do wish the more known bitcoin books converted your BTC to USD like coinbet did, then you can withdraw back to BTC  when you feel like you're getting a fair price.
I doubt that I will get anything back but like the guy who started this I don't want this to die out... I now have nothing and this is the only thing holding me with bitcoin still... lost everything
My issue is coinbet took my money and ran I was doing just fine... I was winning and same with mt gox I was up a bunch of money!!! Just left a sour taste for all the scamming and now I'm out of crypto completely really hope we get our money back here..

I can't see anyone getting their money back from Coinbet, can you?  Has anyone had success with their e-mail address, and actually "negotiating" to get some money back?  The way the website message reads, it's like they will offer you something paltry, like 10% and say take it or leave it.

Their e-mail  doesn't work anymore, they bounce back.  I suppose you could try [email protected] since it's the same scamming jackasses, but don't hold your breath.
Carpe Diem
My issue is coinbet took my money and ran I was doing just fine... I was winning and same with mt gox I was up a bunch of money!!! Just left a sour taste for all the scamming and now I'm out of crypto completely really hope we get our money back here..

I can't see anyone getting their money back from Coinbet, can you?  Has anyone had success with their e-mail address, and actually "negotiating" to get some money back?  The way the website message reads, it's like they will offer you something paltry, like 10% and say take it or leave it.
Pages:
Jump to: