Pages:
Author

Topic: [coinb.in] Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet, SegWit/Bech32 and more! - page 11. (Read 74774 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 601
Can you modify the byte limit for OP_RETURN 80 bytes?

Sure, I have a few changes to make. I'll allow it to accept 80 bytes but still recommend that you keep it at 40.
Activity: 688
Merit: 565
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
Can you modify the byte limit for OP_RETURN 80 bytes?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
This awesome project Open Source, Multi Signature and HD Wallet, though I have paid for a hardware cold wallet but when needed I will surely download and try this fantastic project of yours.
Thank you for sharing.
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
So, as far as I know, there are no wallets/services that allow for Trezor+multsig (well, there's Greenaddress, but that uses their servers to do stuff).

Any chance Coinbin could be the first to do this?
It will be even very useful if it's possible to do the same with Coinbin as do this version of electrum:
https://github.com/greenaddress/electrum/tree/greenaddress-2of3-recovery

Being able to recover a 2of3 wallet from an offline Greenaddress with Coinbin Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
So I've been working (very) slowly on this section for the past few weeks.

https://coinb.in/#settings

The idea is to make it easier to retrieve your inputs for a transaction and broadcast a transaction via coinb.in or a number of other third parties, as well as making it easier to use bitcoin testnet (and eventually altcoins).

At the time of posting this, I have only added multiple hosts to broadcasts too, and have not yet added any services to retrieve your inputs for a transaction.

Once complete though this should make coinb.in even more resilient and decentralized than most wallets.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

So, as far as I know, there are no wallets/services that allow for Trezor+multsig (well, there's Greenaddress, but that uses their servers to do stuff).

Any chance Coinbin could be the first to do this?
So I've been working (very) slowly on this section for the past few weeks.

https://coinb.in/#settings

The idea is to make it easier to retrieve your inputs for a transaction and broadcast a transaction via coinb.in or a number of other third parties, as well as making it easier to use bitcoin testnet (and eventually altcoins).

At the time of posting this, I have only added multiple hosts to broadcasts too, and have not yet added any services to retrieve your inputs for a transaction.

Once complete though this should make coinb.in even more resilient and decentralized than most wallets.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
Stumbled across this youtube tutorial by Alex Millar for using multisig at coinb.in. (also added it to the original post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUSVmLegj8k

Thanks Alex.
Merit: 500
ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!
Hey,

>I will take into consideration what you've said and perhaps throw up a confirmation notice if the fee is too large.
Great! Warnings and sane defaults are good Smiley

>But please keep in mind this is the first time someone has mentioned this and made such a big issue about it
Most skilled tech people aren't much concerned or knowledgeable about the experiences of newbies, certainly. And maybe they have great confidence and don't believe they themselves can ever make a mistake when in a rush. But it happens to the best of us.

I think lots of fairly inexperienced Bitcoiners have paper wallets, for which this sort of thing is very useful. Previously I've used offlinewallet.appspot.com , which isn't maintained any more I don't think, so your site is a good alternative.

It's great work otherwise. I just hate to see people lose money accidentally. What with Bitcoin Core's private key pool and out of date backups, change addresses that existed only temporarily in LiveCDs, and mistyped transaction fee amounts, people have lost large amounts for entirely stupid and preventable reasons, and reading their stories is always quite heartbreaking  Undecided
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
https://keybase.io/serge_v
People, try to understand first how MultiSig works in standard wallet, than use such great tool as coinb.in.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

[snip]

I agree.

I suggest to use recommended fee instead if change amount as fee and as this is advanced software, please allow users to edit transaction fee. You can send change back to origin address like xDan told.

The problem is not everyone would be happy with the funds being sent back to their original address, also its possible to populate the "inputs" on a new transaction with funds from multiple addresses. There is a few things to think about, because I don't want to force users to do anything they don't want to. But a confirmation notice sounds ok..

Ok. As it is aimed on advanced users, shouldn't we be able to set custom fee? Currently, I can't do it. Please change it.

The transaction fee can be manipulated by adding another address, this can either be the address you populated the unspent funds from, or an entirely new address if you have privacy concerns.

Am I miss understanding something?

No, you understood correctly and I understood wrongly. Keep up the good work.

Btw, was this newly added? If yes, is there an archive to download older version? Thank you!

[snip]

I agree.

I suggest to use recommended fee instead if change amount as fee and as this is advanced software, please allow users to edit transaction fee. You can send change back to origin address like xDan told.

The problem is not everyone would be happy with the funds being sent back to their original address, also its possible to populate the "inputs" on a new transaction with funds from multiple addresses. There is a few things to think about, because I don't want to force users to do anything they don't want to. But a confirmation notice sounds ok..

Ok. As it is aimed on advanced users, shouldn't we be able to set custom fee? Currently, I can't do it. Please change it.

The transaction fee can be manipulated by adding another address, this can either be the address you populated the unspent funds from, or an entirely new address if you have privacy concerns.

Am I miss understanding something?

[snip]

I agree.

[snip]

I agree.

Hey xDan!

Before I start responding to your points individually, I just want to remind you that coinb.in is aimed at the "advanced" bitcoin user and offers the "tools" required for them to understand how things work. Also the code is also remarkably simple and easy to follow compared to say bitcoinjs.

I haven't used the service, so I don't know if such a transaction would go through... But the fact it is even implied that it might is a very very scary thing and will keep me from using what otherwise looks like an excellent piece of software. Default to 100% of the value going to the transaction fee (if I don't put anything in the "amount" box) is crazy and might one day lose somebody all their coins.

A sane option might be giving a large red warning if the tx fee is larger than say 0.1% of the total value. Or not allowing it at all if it's over $1 worth or something.

The transaction would indeed go through if you signed it. The question is, who am I to prevent someone from choosing their transaction fee, regardless of how high or low it might be. It would be an unfortunate mistake to accidentally set a large fee so I will take into consideration what you've said and perhaps throw up a confirmation notice if the fee is too large. But please keep in mind this is the first time someone has mentioned this and made such a big issue about it.

If a change address is required, the user should be asked for it also with big warnings that it should be a safe, permanent address, not in a virtual machine or livecd etc (where people have lost large amounts in the past). A conservative approach to handling change is to send it right bank to the original address. Not quite as private, but better than losing money. (and still needs warnings to the user that the address/private keys they are sending from must be kept!)

Yes a change address is required, again who am I to send automatically send it back to them. My philosophy is its your money, you can do with it as you like.

If you dont want to use the tools to manually build a transaction, and want the comfort of your funds being returned to you, try the wallet instead https://coinb.in/#wallet you dont get same functionality as building the transaction yourself, and signing it etc, but if the transaction fee is your issue, you can be sure it will return it to your address. Check it out Smiley

Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions. Very great full!
[ img]http://i.imgur.com/GrRzQrK.png[/img]

"what is not spent will be used as a transaction fee" - from the popup tip

pic related utterly scares me.

I haven't used the service, so I don't know if such a transaction would go through... But the fact it is even implied that it might is a very very scary thing and will keep me from using what otherwise looks like an excellent piece of software. Default to 100% of the value going to the transaction fee (if I don't put anything in the "amount" box) is crazy and might one day lose somebody all their coins.

A sane option might be giving a large red warning if the tx fee is larger than say 0.1% of the total value. Or not allowing it at all if it's over $1 worth or something.

If a change address is required, the user should be asked for it also with big warnings that it should be a safe, permanent address, not in a virtual machine or livecd etc (where people have lost large amounts in the past). A conservative approach to handling change is to send it right bank to the original address. Not quite as private, but better than losing money. (and still needs warnings to the user that the address/private keys they are sending from must be kept!)

I agree.

Merit: 500
ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

"what is not spent will be used as a transaction fee" - from the popup tip

pic related utterly scares me.

HD support (bip32) has been added to coinb.in - enjoy everyone!
I can be a beta tester and for tutorials, need more info. Please PM me.

Thanks, will be in touch shortly.
I can be a beta tester and for tutorials, need more info. Please PM me.
Pages:
Jump to: