Pages:
Author

Topic: [coinb.in] Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet, SegWit/Bech32 and more! - page 12. (Read 74774 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 601
A few new features coming soon to coinb.in, such as:

• HD Wallet Support (bip32)
  • Use of Bitcoins Testnet
  • Retrieve Unspent inputs from alternative blockchain explorers, such as blockr
  • Broadcast to different blockchain explorers
  • Build transactions for other Altcoins

I'm looking for beta testers and for someone to make a few video tutorials on using various aspects of Coinb.in - if anyone is interested, please get in touch by email OutCast3kgmail.com

Smiley
Activity: 173
Merit: 101
I did an end-to-end coinb.in test.

1 - I created and funded two wallets A and B

2 - From A I created a 2-2 multisig address with the public keys of A and B.
Address:
3LvaMMABYXamGkH1DQbLfB4pYp8pU3of7T
I saved the redeem script.

3 - From B, I sent money to 3LvaMMABYXamGkH1DQbLfB4pYp8pU3of7T
Transaction:
https://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/230f6e6c3d8bca2686cdfaeda7b24f1f08d657f82cdb82a687a89834e84be52c

4. From A, I created a transaction to send the unspent output of 3 to an external address, loading the inputs from the redeem script (output of 2).

5. From A, I signed the transaction and verified it (signed 1 of 2 OK).

6. From B, I signed the transaction (output of 5) and verified it (signed 2 of 2 OK).

7. From B, I broadcast the transaction (output of 6).

8. Received:
https://blockchain.info/tx/e1e14eb2a56df5812bc4d8b2deea64cf978767517ec38c397ede2c68af6a6762

I will do more tests appropriate to the specific use case that I have in mind. In general I thing coinb.in is great but perhaps too difficult for today's casual users - those who need click and simple one-click solution and are unable to open a new window or copy/paste. However, I am sure that it's easy to adapt the user the interface to specific use cases, hiding complex features and selecting the needed data (e.g. key and transaction to sign) automatically.
Activity: 173
Merit: 101
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Thanks for your efforts this service is awesome.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Great project! Would use this when time comes! Smiley

~~MZ~~
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I am trying to get/make/see if its possible to make a home game poker app using bitcoin. Someone pointed me here. Would this work? Any help would be apriciated. Here or
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2qoifa/need_help_with_app_id_like_to_see_made/ 
Activity: 278
Merit: 251
ABISprotocol on Gist
Fixed a few bugs and added loads of little features, you can even set the "lock time" of transactions now.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome Smiley

Excellent, I figured with time that would come to https://coinb.in/ ~ thanks for working with myself and ktorn (and some others) some time back on this most useful thing.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Fixed a few bugs and added loads of little features, you can even set the "lock time" of transactions now.

Awesome!

The new version is live here: http://coinb.in Cheesy will be published to github shortly.

Major changes:

• Multisig address generation now supports compressed public keys.
  • Transactions and redeem scripts will return more information when they're decoded, including the N-of-M number and the amount of times they've been signed.
  • Better transaction builder. You can build transactions from regular addresses as well as multisig addresses.
  • Improved signing function. Regular transactions as well as multisig transactions can be signed.
  • You can generate compressed and uncompressed public keys.
  • Private keys are given a password field by default with option to show them later.
  • You can generate addresses from Brain wallets.
  • A built in browser based wallet, with access to your own private keys!

If you want to see more, please support the project by donating Smiley

Enjoy!
legendary
How can we email you? What's your email?

Its listed on my profile, but its: [email protected]

That's an awesome email address! Smiley

Btw, it's not listed on your profile. It shows up as "hidden."

Its listed on my profile, but its: @gmail.com
legendary
Vanity Multi-Signature Addresses? Compressed?

Is this possible? Or is it too much hard work? Or it's no longer multi-sig because you have one computer generating all the private keys?

How about, in theory? Like, 3DabsAddress instead of 3randomlooking.

Also, can multi-sig addresses be compressed? I found this, and it requires uncompressed public keys: http://coinb.in/multisig/

*edit* then I found this thread, so I'm posting here instead.

Sorry for the late reply, i've been so busy lately!

The project is still alive and well! There is actually going to be an entirely new version released in the next week or so that will support compressed public keys and offer a few other new features! but not vanity addresses.

If anyone would like to beta test for me, please get in touch via email and i'll give you access.

Thanks everyone for your support, if you like this project please donate Smiley

-

*Edit* To everyone who has PM'd me asking if they can use the source code, yes you can its totally free to use, edit and redistribute. Enjoy!
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Vanity Multi-Signature Addresses? Compressed?

Is this possible? Or is it too much hard work? Or it's no longer multi-sig because you have one computer generating all the private keys?

How about, in theory? Like, 3DabsAddress instead of 3randomlooking.

Also, can multi-sig addresses be compressed? I found this, and it requires uncompressed public keys: http://coinb.in/multisig/

*edit* then I found this thread, so I'm posting here instead.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024
I'm wondering: is there a reason only uncompressed public keys are allowed?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
let me know when it is finished.
ABISprotocol on Gist
Is the coinb.in/multisig site working properly? It seems to be able to create redeem scripts properly, but the transactions page never seems to find spendable outputs. I wonder if it's API connection is broken?

Indications from recent comments are that it is not working properly, I seem to recall the coinb.in/multisig site was subjected to some attacks and had problems and the github-based site (see my earlier comments in this thread) did not have any problems but then later _did_ have problems for some reason. (server perhaps) however, I am guessing the best thing to do is see if you can raise OutCast3k (careful with the spelling!) on this forum (who shows as last active June 29, 2014), it's possible that btcapparel (also on this forum) may have been in touch with OutCast3k (but probably late last year...) so it is a long shot

I would check here and open an issue:
https://github.com/OutCast3k/bitcoin-multisig
There is an open issue (#16) that already represents the issue described, that is unresolved.  If it remains unresolved one could fork it and develop something new, or look at the other options (CoPay, which is a multisignature tool developed by BitPay, or Armory's multisignature feature - which I'm not sure of the status of those at this time, but I recall they were serious about the development of such).

He fixed it. I think it was just something trivial like a changed API. I cannot endorse copay or recommend until it has a lot more testing. It's been very buggy, dangerously so.

Ah, ok, July 13, 2014 he changed it - I don't know why I didn't see it before.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Cheers!

(as an aside - the https://rawgit.com/OutCast3k/bitcoin-multisig/master/index.html page seems like the better one, e.g. more able to handle issues and problems that have arisen)
legendary
Activity: 1064
Is the coinb.in/multisig site working properly? It seems to be able to create redeem scripts properly, but the transactions page never seems to find spendable outputs. I wonder if it's API connection is broken?

Indications from recent comments are that it is not working properly, I seem to recall the coinb.in/multisig site was subjected to some attacks and had problems and the github-based site (see my earlier comments in this thread) did not have any problems but then later _did_ have problems for some reason. (server perhaps) however, I am guessing the best thing to do is see if you can raise OutCast3k (careful with the spelling!) on this forum (who shows as last active June 29, 2014), it's possible that btcapparel (also on this forum) may have been in touch with OutCast3k (but probably late last year...) so it is a long shot

There is an open issue (#16) that already represents the issue described, that is unresolved.  If it remains unresolved one could fork it and develop something new, or look at the other options (CoPay, which is a multisignature tool developed by BitPay, or Armory's multisignature feature - which I'm not sure of the status of those at this time, but I recall they were serious about the development of such).

He fixed it. I think it was just something trivial like a changed API. I cannot endorse copay or recommend until it has a lot more testing. It's been very buggy, dangerously so.
ABISprotocol on Gist

NOTE--NOTE:
If you (and the other person you co-generate multisignature with) have already used coinb.in/multisig to generate something to which funds can be sent, you should both have written (or typed) down and locked away in a safe place, the following:
pubkey
address
privkey (this is private and should only be known by the individual holding it, by the way, hence the name, privkey!!)
multisig address (this is public and will typically begin with the number three, I think)
redeem script
(Note that there will be a bunch of gobbledygook that will be different for you than it would be for the other party who is a participant in the multisignature transaction, but at the end of it all, when you've gone through the steps, you both have a ton of info which includes, of course, public multisignature address that you can show anyone.)
(Also, do not expose the paper you have all this information on, to Frog Lube, Cosmoline, or any other gunner lube which may happen to be laying around in your safe! - Because if you do it will stain it something awful.)
Have fun out there.
Pages:
Jump to: