Pages:
Author

Topic: Coincidence that Sun and Moon seem same size or God's work? - page 5. (Read 3740 times)

legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
Everyone can write whatever they want on wikipedia. I was once hired to write for a local politicianon their page, i don't even know if it was real. but yeah whatever they wanna write there, its theirs.
So long as they don't interfere with the bitcoin going to skyrocket, I'd be just fine.

If you think that scientific wikipedia articles are false or manipulated then you can go to library or contact directly to astronomers and ask if those facts are true or false.

how can we be sure those books in the libraries and astronomers are telling the truth?
new discoveries even told us that we have to rewrite text books and history since there were actually 12 planets in the milky way not just nine.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
Some people believe ancient aliens placed the moon in that exact position.
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
No coincidence, the earth is flat, the sun and moon revolve around a circular path around "pole"laris
North (Polaris) is center
Facing North (center)  East is to your right,West is to your left, that is how you go "around" the World, you go around the center, south is always outwards
The Sun and Moon are rotating about 1000kms/h, when you see them "rise" they are just heading towards you and entering your veiwing perpective
When the Moon and Sun are "setting" they are leaving your "perspective' or vanishing point
Light doesn't "travel" Light works like sound waves,
The whole sky works like a clock
The Sun tells you the time of day  - seconds
The Moon tells you the time of month - minutes
The Stars tell you the time of year - hours
The constellations have never changed, we are not traveling through "space" at a "million billion" miles per hour, its a lie, its flat and stationary
Realise with your realeyes

http://tracytwyman.com/r-e-m-the-fake-moon-and-the-flat-earth/
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
The universe is an ad for the glory of God... In short it's a teaser... But contrary to most ads the best is to come. Keep faith, behave righteously even if it's unproductive... The great filter of life. Do you want a palace in this life (where death due to age is a given) or a house in the afterlife? What's great is that if you read this you still have the opportunity to recalibrate... But for how long? ;-)
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
narrowpathnetwork.com

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Occam's razor is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

How simple is that?
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
Is it a coincidence that flesh-eating bacteria exists, or is it gods work?

Is it a coincidence that the primary cause of death is heart disease, or is that gods work?

Is it a coincidence that god hates fags, yet appears powerless to stop them?

Is it a coincidence that god puts the death penalty on 613 things, but christians only know 11 of them? (10 commandments +that verse about fags in leviticus)

Is it a coincidence that god hates disobedient children, shellfish, eating meat and dairy in the same meal, or cutting your sideburns? (death penalty for each of these)

Those rules are not the current rules, those rules were set for barbaric people on ancient times who had a cult of offering their childs alive to be burnt in a statue of a god called "moloch" and played drums to silence the screaming of the child.

Are you calling the God of the bible barbaric?

I said FOR not BY, I am calling barbaric the people whom God set those rules for.

So the rules God set for the people were not barbaric?

No, because if I see someone burning their childs to make happy a stupid god they believe, I would kill them too.

1) If you kill someone, you are violating that commandment about murder... basically the only commandment anyone cares about... what the fuck?

2) I fail to understand how you can claim that god changed his mind about slavery, homophobia, genocide, etc between the old and new testament... what is 500 years to a god?  God had a change of heart about slavery, et al, in 500 years?

No... the god of the old testament is different from the god of the new testament because they are both fiction

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Occam's razor is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Solar Eclipse: Coincidence that sun and moon seem same size?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C331w687tI

The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but it is also 400 times further away.  What this means is that, when viewed from the Earth, the Moon is exactly the correct size to perfectly obscure the Sun when they are aligned during a total eclipse. Don't believe me? Check Wikipedia and calculate yourself. In the known universe Earth is the only place where total eclipses occur because of this. Just a coincidence or one of God's miracles?

Are you headed toward Blood Moon prophesies with this?

I don't believe in them.
Glad to hear that.  To answer your question, there are a number of things in cosmology that we don't see clear reasons for, that some might call coincidence.  For example there's the similarity between the distances of the planets from the Sun, and the distance between the electron shells of an atom. 

In the past, things that looked odd were investigated, and in many cases this resulted in the discover of scientific principles.  However, this particular situation has to be considered as just random chance.  The reason is that the universe doesn't care what some tiny primitive human sees, whether an eclipse is partial or total.

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468

Is it a coincidence that the primary cause of death is heart disease, or is that gods work?

Is it a coincidence that god puts the death penalty on 613 things, but christians only know 11 of them? (10 commandments +that verse about fags in leviticus)

Is it a coincidence that god hates disobedient children, shellfish, eating meat and dairy in the same meal, or cutting your sideburns? (death penalty for each of these)

Those rules are not the current rules, those rules were set for barbaric people on ancient times who had a cult of offering their childs alive to be burnt in a statue of a god called "moloch" and played drums to silence the screaming of the child.

I said FOR not BY, I am calling barbaric the people whom God set those rules for.

So the rules God set for people were not barbaric?
Activity: 264
Merit: 250

So the rules God set for the people were not barbaric?

No, because if I see someone burning their childs to make happy a stupid god they believe, I would kill them too.

legendary

God doesn't hate fags.

Leviticus 20:13

He wants them dead.
legendary

Those rules are not the current rules, those rules were set for barbaric people on ancient times who had a cult of offering their childs alive to be burnt in a statue of a god called "moloch" (as your nickname) and played drums to silence the screaming of the child. Have you offered candies to these people?
narrowpathnetwork.com

God doesn't hate fags.
In the known universe Earth is the only place where total eclipses occur because of this

For what it's worth... we have only investigated roughly 0.00000000000000000000001% of the universe...  we have no clue how common or uncommon this is

Also... god does not exist... so no, its definitely not "because god"

Just stop already... fucking stop trying to blame god for everything in the universe... THERE IS NO GOD

God created the universe and He is.

If he exists, ask him to post here, ask him to sign his message with my bitcoin address private keys.

If he does not post, he does not exist.  Case closed.

He is not going to reveal Himself to nonbelievers.

Sure.  Still waiting....Ask him to hurry up.  I don't have all day.

Ask him to post for believers... Grin

Believers doesnt need God to write anything as you probably dont need to see with your eyes the Wind to believe it exist.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722

In the known universe Earth is the only place where total eclipses occur because of this

For what it's worth... we have only investigated roughly 0.00000000000000000000001% of the universe...  we have no clue how common or uncommon this is

Just stop already... fucking stop trying to blame god for everything in the universe... THERE IS NO GOD

If he exists, ask him to post here, ask him to sign his message with my bitcoin address private keys.

If he does not post, he does not exist.  Case closed.

He has given enough proofs to believe on him, but most of them ignored them or chose to not believe because it doesnt benefit their imposed (by society) interests.
legendary

If he does not post, he does not exist.  Case closed.

Sure.  Still waiting....Ask him to hurry up.  I don't have all day.

Ask him to post for believers... Grin
narrowpathnetwork.com

If he does not post, he does not exist.  Case closed.

narrowpathnetwork.com
It is pure coincidence.
As you may know moon is on the run. From the moment is was "created" in massive collision of some planet with Earth, moon is moving away from us. It will eventually escape in to space.
This means that for example million years ago it was closer to Earth, and perfect eclipses where impossible.
Million years in to the future, moon will be to far to make close to perfection eclipse as well.
It is coincidence that we live in times of perfect moon size to sun distance from us ratio.  
But what a beautiful coincidence it is Smiley

Universe is not millions of years old.
Pages:
Jump to: