Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinfire Bitstamp update - page 2. (Read 7060 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
January 07, 2015, 12:42:13 PM
Looks like Bitstamp will be re-deployed either tomorrow or Friday pending testing:

https://twitter.com/nejc_kodric/status/552615256452001792

Let's hope they take their time on this matter, thoroughly test everything, double check all security measures etc.

Can't afford for this to happen again.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
January 07, 2015, 12:21:44 PM
Stop comparing it to MtGox. That just shows, that you guys have no idea, what you are talking about.
I am not 100% sure, but there is no evidence that would suggest, that customers will have to pay for that incident.

In business the customers always pay eventually. When I was operating my business and my electric rate went up or delivery costs went up my prices went up. That's the nature of business and why a McDonalds hamburger isn't still 15 cents.
In your case, it was your future customers that ended up needing to pay higher prices. They were also notified of such changes ahead of time.

In the case of stamp it will be their existing customers that will pay the piper

Ok, so? Someone has to pay and in business it's always the customer.

yes, the customers will pay the price for trusting the Bitstamp's platform.
I am very curious to see if they will really open tomorrow IF not, a big fiasco will begin.

It will be MtGox 2 or reloaded(as you prefer) Smiley

If they do open it will be to the worst bank run in the history of Bitcoin.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
January 07, 2015, 12:08:09 PM
Stop comparing it to MtGox. That just shows, that you guys have no idea, what you are talking about.
I am not 100% sure, but there is no evidence that would suggest, that customers will have to pay for that incident.

In business the customers always pay eventually. When I was operating my business and my electric rate went up or delivery costs went up my prices went up. That's the nature of business and why a McDonalds hamburger isn't still 15 cents.
In your case, it was your future customers that ended up needing to pay higher prices. They were also notified of such changes ahead of time.

In the case of stamp it will be their existing customers that will pay the piper

yes, the customers will pay the price for trusting the Bitstamp's platform.
I am very curious to see if they will really open tomorrow IF not, a big fiasco will begin.

It will be MtGox 2 or reloaded(as you prefer) Smiley
legendary
January 07, 2015, 11:51:29 AM

legendary
January 07, 2015, 06:12:26 AM
The chineses data are fake. http://www.coindesk.com/reality-chinese-trading-volumes/

Also, 50% from all the Bitcoin transctions are fake :
 https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fake-transaction-chains-double-2014-bitcoin-volume/

Everything is a bubble, a manipulating market and a few people are earning a lot. the rest of them are losing money.

Yes, and youself give a good example by frighten us with old news.  Wink

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

Huobi, OKCoin and BTCChina are chinese traders. Bitfinex are Hong Kong-based.

That's not all fake. They control a large part of the market. Mining now takes place in China on a large scale.

Bitstamp has 6% of the market and keeps as well 130,000 BTC.

Who knows what share Bitstamp or other exchanger has? The datas are fake. The chineses are doing that on a large scale.Huobi, OKCoin , LakeBTC, BTCChina. All of them have fake transactions....around of 1/10.

So, if they claim to have 1000 transactions, they actually have 100.

Yes, it is scary but it is the pure truth about these exchangers.
so, do you believe everything you are served. Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
www.CloudThink.IO
January 07, 2015, 01:07:18 AM

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
January 06, 2015, 08:47:59 PM
The chineses data are fake. http://www.coindesk.com/reality-chinese-trading-volumes/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fake-transaction-chains-double-2014-bitcoin-volume/

Everything is a bubble, a manipulating market and a few people are earning a lot. the rest of them are losing money.

Yes, and youself give a good example by frighten us with old news.  Wink

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

Huobi, OKCoin and BTCChina are chinese traders. Bitfinex are Hong Kong-based.

That's not all fake. They control a large part of the market. Mining now takes place in China on a large scale.

Bitstamp has 6% of the market and keeps as well 130,000 BTC.
legendary
January 06, 2015, 07:02:19 PM
There was some user who was saying similar reassuring things about Mt. Gox all the way up to the bankruptcy. Who was that, and where are they now?

I went all the way down with Gox and believed and told such things. Stupid me. Today I wish I would have respected the warning signs. To late now. Gone.

I can not say much about Bitstamp. When I started they were out of the question. No hardware token, no API keys but clear text passwords in times of Heartbleed and a nearly empty order book.

After Gox they have grown and improved. But just like Gox they have peaked. They are much smaller than Gox. I think they have lost 15% of their coins or so now.
This is dangerous. As a customer I would use the next best opportunity and knocking off there. They have only 6% of the market. Nobody cares two hoots about it.
Today things are happening in China. Mining, Trading and maybe more. I don't know. I've given up trading on exchanges. For me, the past.

Professional traders (I'm not) can use CFDs today. No need for them to take the risk on an exchange. Fonds manager, if there are any, will give up Bitstamp. That should be quite clear.

Just my two cents on this.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1059
January 06, 2015, 04:37:42 PM
There was some user who was saying similar reassuring things about Mt. Gox all the way up to the bankruptcy. Who was that, and where are they now?

I went all the way down with Gox and believed and told such things. Stupid me. Today I wish I would have respected the warning signs. To late now. Gone.

I can not say much about Bitstamp. When I started they were out of the question. No hardware token, no API keys but clear text passwords in times of Heartbleed and a nearly empty order book.

After Gox they have grown and improved. But just like Gox they have peaked. They are much smaller than Gox. I think they have lost 15% of their coins or so now.
This is dangerous. As a customer I would use the next best opportunity and knocking off there. They have only 6% of the market. Nobody cares two hoots about it.
Today things are happening in China. Mining, Trading and maybe more. I don't know. I've given up trading on exchanges. For me, the past.

Professional traders (I'm not) can use CFDs today. No need for them to take the risk on an exchange. Fonds manager, if there are any, will give up Bitstamp. That should be quite clear.

Just my two cents on this.
legendary
January 06, 2015, 04:18:56 PM

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
January 06, 2015, 04:13:16 PM
legendary
January 06, 2015, 04:11:29 PM
Yes, they lost money. That doesn't mean they lost your money. They lost their hot wallet, but have much more funds in their cold wallet. They don't have any problem, paying back to their customer.

Everyone on the outside always knows what's going on on the inside, that's what I love about this community. They don't speculate, they are 100% sure about everything. Trends, hacks, potential businesses, no speculators here, just a whole bunch of people that are 100% correct.

So true but how many people here are paid to purposely plant false information. Not many of them are as blatantly transparent as Matthew Wright's attempt to draw attention away from pirates failing ponzi. How many people are never identified as shills working for some company. They work for the highest bidder while their rank and seniority continues to rise. That's what I liked about MPOE-PR. Call em' like you see em' direct approach isn't well received here though.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 06, 2015, 04:02:37 PM
Yes, they lost money. That doesn't mean they lost your money. They lost their hot wallet, but have much more funds in their cold wallet. They don't have any problem, paying back to their customer.

Everyone on the outside always knows what's going on on the inside, that's what I love about this community. They don't speculate, they are 100% sure about everything. Trends, hacks, potential businesses, no speculators here, just a whole bunch of people that are 100% correct.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
January 06, 2015, 03:59:43 PM
Activity: 756
January 06, 2015, 03:29:52 PM
bitstamp is no small exchange.  It occupies a small place in the bitcoin world - outside of the Chinese exchanges (where foreigners cannot really access with currency control); bitstamp is one of the larger exchanges.
January 06, 2015, 03:26:44 PM
the proof is here: Bitstamp lost 19K bitcoin = 5 mil usd

do you think that there were safe? try to withdraw some money from them today, see if you can BUT there are safe, right? Smiley
Yes, they lost money. That doesn't mean they lost your money. They lost their hot wallet, but have much more funds in their cold wallet.
They don't have any problem, paying back to their customer.

You seem quite sure of this? Can you provide evidence? Right now we know the funds are not where they should be, after they were deposited by customers.  Yes, this would be an issue.  Please don't brush this off like it is nothing, clearly you did not have funds involved, but i am sure there is a number of concerned people on here that did. Unless you know their money is coming back, kindly, shut your mouth  Roll Eyes
Just read some news about bitstamp. E.g. this:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitstamp-passes-audit-overseen-bitcoin-developer-mike-hearn/

Stopped at May 27... Then figured I should read. I understand that yeah, they are probably going to cover it, but as an outsider, with NO inside information, how can you tell people their funds are safe, based off a May press release of a valuation.  There is a whole bunch of unknowns, and unless you are 100%  leave it up to their staff to guarantee people's money.  Yeah, most likely they will,  but this place doesn't seem to function based on what everyone knows or assumes on a daily basis.

Bistamp is related with Ripple, Bitcoin Foundation and others. Their shareholders are shareholders for many other bitcoin companies.

i think they will cover the loss because the scandal will be TOO BIG and it will involve all these companies and Bitcoin will crush. Smiley
Bitfinex, Coinbase are related with Bitstamp. Bitstamp is processing their orders.

So, they are a gang who is manipulating the market how they want and each of them are taking a piece of the cake named Bitcoin. Smiley

a simple proof is these days. Bitstamp hacked, people in panic, a lot of sells and the Bitcoin price is maintain at 270 USD

In other cases, even a small exchanger had falled, the Bitcoin price went down.

I think we are on completely different lines here.  Thanks for the info about ripple and such, very good to know.  I can't personally believe that "In other cases, even a small exchanger had falled, the Bitcoin price went down."

Just find that interesting. Unless it is that obvious of complete market maniplation by a handful of people at the top, I would expect Microsoft announcing they accept bitcoin to have a market impact, which it didn't seem to, yet a small exchange getting hacked drives the price down? I would defiantly need some more information or statistics to side with this.

Also, I do not understand how an exchange getting hacked would impact the sell market. It would focus people on getting their coins back from Bitstamp, not take what other BTC they have and turn to another exchange to sell them all.... Perhaps some would sell, but I don't think an exchanges hardships would change peoples minds about holding bitcoin in general.

Just doesnt add up in my head.
legendary
January 06, 2015, 03:17:41 PM

do you think that there were safe? try to withdraw some money from them today, see if you can BUT there are safe, right? Smiley
Yes, they lost money. That doesn't mean they lost your money. They lost their hot wallet, but have much more funds in their cold wallet.

You seem quite sure of this? Can you provide evidence? Right now we know the funds are not where they should be, after they were deposited by customers.  Yes, this would be an issue.  Please don't brush this off like it is nothing, clearly you did not have funds involved, but i am sure there is a number of concerned people on here that did. Unless you know their money is coming back, kindly, shut your mouth  Roll Eyes
http://www.coindesk.com/bitstamp-passes-audit-overseen-bitcoin-developer-mike-hearn/

Stopped at May 27... Then figured I should read. I understand that yeah, they are probably going to cover it, but as an outsider, with NO inside information, how can you tell people their funds are safe, based off a May press release of a valuation.  There is a whole bunch of unknowns, and unless you are 100%  leave it up to their staff to guarantee people's money.  Yeah, most likely they will,  but this place doesn't seem to function based on what everyone knows or assumes on a daily basis.

Bistamp is related with Ripple, Bitcoin Foundation and others. Their shareholders are shareholders for many other bitcoin companies.

i think they will cover the loss because the scandal will be TOO BIG and it will involve all these companies and Bitcoin will crush. Smiley
Bitfinex, Coinbase are related with Bitstamp. Bitstamp is processing their orders.

So, they are a gang who is manipulating the market how they want and each of them are taking a piece of the cake named Bitcoin. Smiley

a simple proof is these days. Bitstamp hacked, people in panic, a lot of sells and the Bitcoin price is maintain at 270 USD

In other cases, even a small exchanger had falled, the Bitcoin price went down.
January 06, 2015, 03:10:22 PM

Stopped at May 27... Then figured I should read. I understand that yeah, they are probably going to cover it, but as an outsider, with NO inside information, how can you tell people their funds are safe, based off a May press release of a valuation.  There is a whole bunch of unknowns, and unless you are 100%  leave it up to their staff to guarantee people's money.  Yeah, most likely they will,  but this place doesn't seem to function based on what everyone knows or assumes on a daily basis.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
January 06, 2015, 12:21:32 PM
They could repay by increasing the trading fees, for example to the range 0.3-0.6 and put the excess in separate fund and just start to repay.

Not a good idea. Would work if they had monopoly or were at least the major player, but they're not anymore. It's a very competitive market atm.

Right now they need to fix the problem and re-build trust, which is not easy. If they were to increase tx fees, they'll be effectively punishing customers for their own mistake, that's not wise move.
Activity: 714
January 06, 2015, 12:20:18 PM

Pages:
Jump to: