Pages:
Author

Topic: coinjedi / betsofbitco.in SCAMMERS: Declares "Push" on obvious win for BFL bet - page 13. (Read 27982 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
At this point I'll go ahead and reveal that I am the bet's creator, and that I initially took a large position on the "True" side.  By ruling the way they did, BoB effectively took from me over 150 BTC in potential winnings and commissions that I feel should rightfully be mine.
If you were on the True side, then you should be happy with the draw, since it was the False side that should have won.
Having created the bet, you don't get more authority than other betters, but you do get more responsibility: you can't blame anyone else for poorly defining the bet.

• BFL shipped nothing.  The bet title clearly is about BFL *shipping* a Bitforce SC product.  Coinjedi has said himself that the bet title is a part of the bet. [1]
"Shipped" is sadly enough ambiguous by itself due to the precedent set with Avalon's "shipping".
The terms of the bet gave it an explicit definition in this case.

• The pictures were posted after midnight.  No matter whether you go by GMT, Eastern time (official BoB time [2]), or Central time (which I believe is BFL time and also Luke-Jr time).  Sure, the pics were arguably taken before midnight, but the bet clearly says they had to be *posted* before April.
I am in Eastern time.
But this seems like a technicality.

• The pictures were not credible.  They were taken by Josh/Inaba, a BFL employee, and were of a device that was pretty clearly sitting on a test bench at BFL.  The bet clearly says the pictures must be credible.
Look credible enough to me. I don't see how Josh taking the pictures makes them non-credible.

• The pictures claim to show a product hashing at about 25GH/s, which Luke-Jr says in a Little Single.  There was no such thing as a Little Single when the bet was made.  The 3 Bitforce SC products the bet concerns, and their hashrates concerning the bet are those listed in the post linked in the Bet.
More technicalities.
Before I got my Little Single, can you honestly say you would have interpreted the bet to exclude it?

• It is not clear whether or not Luke-jr is a BFL employee.  He continues to not answer when asked if he is/has received compensation from BFL. [3]  At the least, it looks like he's getting his order bumped to the front of the line.
It is perfectly clear (to me, at least) that I am not a BFL employee.
If you want to doubt me, that's your problem - I'm sure you could ask the IRS somehow or another.

Sure BoB (and Luke-Jr and Josh/Inaba and BFL) will lose face over this, but that does nothing to fill my wallet, and history is quickly forgotten.
No, I wouldn't lose anything if BoB ruled in your favour.
It would just set a precedent for BoB bets being decided on technicalities.

I'm feeling cheated and a little butthurt about it.  Wouldn't you?
I might, but I'd also recognize that the real problem were in the terms of the bet not being "cheatable".

What a douche.

More doing a MNW here ...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Our reasoning is already on the page, so I will not repeat it here. We do our best to judge by the user written descriptions of statements. Unfortunately sometimes the outcome is not as unambiguous as we want. I guess that is why lawyer-talk evolved to be so convoluted. This particular case does not meet the unambiguity criteria we set ourselves.

Everybody got their full bet back, including the original submission fee. We could choose to select one side and earn a significant commission, enough to buy a nice laptop these days, but we didn't.

I respect everybody who thinks that we didn't judge well enough, but scamming is a different matter. I hope at least some of the bettors understand and respect our decision when the dust settles.

this post is a great example why bettors should never gamble at a site run by this man.

"Lawyer-talk" demands an extremely high price because it makes sure that bullshit like this doesn't happen.  That is valuable to humans and has been for years.  "Laywer-talk" is likely your simple words for "a clearly written contract with explicit terms"

You are not qualified to run a site where you will certainly be called on again to make judgement calls. 

Can you not see the unified voice here screaming that you fucked up and got it wrong?   No compensation?  don't feel the need to explain yourself in the face of 100+ angry posts from bettors that feel you are a scammer?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
At this point I'll go ahead and reveal that I am the bet's creator, and that I initially took a large position on the "True" side.  By ruling the way they did, BoB effectively took from me over 150 BTC in potential winnings and commissions that I feel should rightfully be mine.
If you were on the True side, then you should be happy with the draw, since it was the False side that should have won.
Having created the bet, you don't get more authority than other betters, but you do get more responsibility: you can't blame anyone else for poorly defining the bet.

• BFL shipped nothing.  The bet title clearly is about BFL *shipping* a Bitforce SC product.  Coinjedi has said himself that the bet title is a part of the bet. [1]
"Shipped" is sadly enough ambiguous by itself due to the precedent set with Avalon's "shipping".

• The pictures were posted after midnight.  No matter whether you go by GMT, Eastern time (official BoB time [2]), or Central time (which I believe is BFL time and also Luke-Jr time).  Sure, the pics were arguably taken before midnight, but the bet clearly says they had to be *posted* before April.
I am in Eastern time.

• The pictures were not credible.  They were taken by Josh/Inaba, a BFL employee, and were of a device that was pretty clearly sitting on a test bench at BFL.  The bet clearly says the pictures must be credible.
Look credible enough to me. I don't see how Josh taking the pictures makes them non-credible.

• The pictures claim to show a product hashing at about 25GH/s, which Luke-Jr says in a Little Single.  There was no such thing as a Little Single when the bet was made.  The 3 Bitforce SC products the bet concerns, and their hashrates concerning the bet are those listed in the post linked in the Bet.
More technicalities.
Before I got my Little Single, can you honestly say you would have interpreted the bet to exclude it?

• It is not clear whether or not Luke-jr is a BFL employee.  He continues to not answer when asked if he is/has received compensation from BFL. [3]  At the least, it looks like he's getting his order bumped to the front of the line.
If you want to doubt me, that's your problem - I'm sure you could ask the IRS somehow or another.

Sure BoB (and Luke-Jr and Josh/Inaba and BFL) will lose face over this, but that does nothing to fill my wallet, and history is quickly forgotten.

I might, but I'd also recognize that the real problem were in the terms of the bet not being "cheatable".

What a douche.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

I am in Eastern time.

More technicalities.

Sure, I made mistakes when I made the bet (which BoB had an opportunity to correct when they approved the bet), but I still feel like "True" is pretty clearly the correct outcome, based on multiple points.  Some of those being:

My position appears to be overwhelmingly supported by public opinion on the forums. [4]  Opinion Coinjedi solicited I might add.

[1]: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1726858

[2]: http://betsofbitco.in/help, in "What is the difference between deadline and event date?": "All dates refer to end of day Eastern Time."

[3]: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1729969

[4]: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/polldid-bets-of-bitcoin-correctly-decide-bfl-will-not-ship-asic-before-april-165902

Definitely your coins. YOU WON THE BET!

+1 Scammer for bob, coinjedi
Activity: 434

Yip. That's a bunch of bs. That coin was yours.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

Sure, I made mistakes when I made the bet (which BoB had an opportunity to correct when they approved the bet), but I still feel like "True" is pretty clearly the correct outcome, based on multiple points.  Some of those being:

My position appears to be overwhelmingly supported by public opinion on the forums. [4]  Opinion Coinjedi solicited I might add.

[1]: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1726858

[2]: http://betsofbitco.in/help, in "What is the difference between deadline and event date?": "All dates refer to end of day Eastern Time."

[3]: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1729969

[4]: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/polldid-bets-of-bitcoin-correctly-decide-bfl-will-not-ship-asic-before-april-165902
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
I had no stake in this bet ... but

This
The device is arguably NOT A DEVICE, and LukeJR is arguably NOT A CUSTOMER.
Fail, Fail and ...
• The device must achieve at least 75% of its advertised hashrate.
FAIL !

And this:
If I understand correctly that MNW was given the tag because people hedged their position against Pirate and lost, then the same exact consideration would apply here if only I person (though possibly more) lost out due to them hedging their position.

+1, or remove the scammer tag to MNW(EDIT: I didn't know that was already done Shocked)

Rest In Peace betsofbitco.in we've lost enough time with you.
Activity: 322
I AM A DRAGON
+1 scammertag for coinjedi
-1 scammer tag for bets of bitcoin, i bad admin does not = bad company however if bets of bitcoin stands behind coinjedi i wll change my vote to +1 scammer tag for BoB
I bet. I won but have undone me obviously missed. They were fools and ridiculous to me have closed. Fuck them and their site of betting.

Well said! ...I think...
Activity: 11
This bet is clearly already lost for the pro-BFL side. There is no way they're meeting advertised specs exactly, and they're current schedule says late April.

Agreed. Now its just a waiting game to see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009
SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL
I bet. I won but have undone me obviously missed. They were fools and ridiculous to me have closed. Fuck them and their site of betting.

+1
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Well this will be interesting.... Lets see if BoB try to Push this one

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1352

Butterfly Labs Will Ship Before Mid-April 2013
Butterfly Labs (BFL_Josh) have stated that the first shipment will be dispatched before the last week of March 2013.

To qualify as a 'Agree', a Butterfly Labs customer must acknowledge receipt of an ASIC unit, test it and have it perform within advertised specifications by the 14th April 2013. The post confirming the status has to be on either BitcoinTalk or Butterfly Labs forums with conclusive evidence (video etc)

All Butterfly Labs employees or affiliates are discounted.

1: Although 1 person has 'received' a BFL ASIC (Luke-Jr) he is an affiliate at this point in time (as a developer working on software for the ASICs).

2: "Must perform within advertised specifications"..... well BFL changed the advertised specs today (https://products.butterflylabs.com/ upping the price whilst dropping the specs..... classy!).

3. At the time of the bet opening it was not known that the power consumption was over the limit (another failure for advertised specs).

I will be interested to know if a Push will be declared.

I submit that paying out or not paying out on a 4 BTC bet has no relevance when discussing a 500 BTC scam.
Activity: 11

Butterfly Labs (BFL_Josh) have stated that the first shipment will be dispatched before the last week of March 2013.

To qualify as a 'Agree', a Butterfly Labs customer must acknowledge receipt of an ASIC unit, test it and have it perform within advertised specifications by the 14th April 2013. The post confirming the status has to be on either BitcoinTalk or Butterfly Labs forums with conclusive evidence (video etc)

1: Although 1 person has 'received' a BFL ASIC (Luke-Jr) he is an affiliate at this point in time (as a developer working on software for the ASICs).

2: "Must perform within advertised specifications"..... well BFL changed the advertised specs today (https://products.butterflylabs.com/ upping the price whilst dropping the specs..... classy!).

3. At the time of the bet opening it was not known that the power consumption was over the limit (another failure for advertised specs).

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
The circumstances were completely different, but I feel just as upset, therefore it's exactly the same.

I'm not upset by either, just commenting on them.

I didn't bet with MNW, and I didn't bet on your scam site, either.
This bet is clearly already lost for the pro-BFL side. There is no way they're meeting advertised specs exactly, and they're current schedule says late April.

Agreed, but that was true of the last bet as well. Yet some scammy actions by yourself, inblahblah, and BOB and tada...DRAW!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
BoB, the fake betting site

They disagree with me on one decision, therefore it's a fake betting site.

basically did exactly what MNW did

The circumstances were completely different, but I feel just as upset, therefore it's exactly the same.
Our reasoning is already on the page, so I will not repeat it here. We do our best to judge by the user written descriptions of statements. Unfortunately sometimes the outcome is not as unambiguous as we want. I guess that is why lawyer-talk evolved to be so convoluted. This particular case does not meet the unambiguity criteria we set ourselves.

Everybody got their full bet back, including the original submission fee. We could choose to select one side and earn a significant commission, enough to buy a nice laptop these days, but we didn't.

I respect everybody who thinks that we didn't judge well enough, but scamming is a different matter. I hope at least some of the bettors understand and respect our decision when the dust settles.

Somehow i think you you just signed your service to death.....

MNW got a "Scammer Tag" for weaseling out of his (stupid joke ass bet that none should have taken serious in the first place....jm2BTC) and now your service is doing the same thing?!

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
I had no stake in this bet ... but
Some have lost so much to BFL already and used this to hedge their purchase.

The device is arguably NOT A DEVICE, and LukeJR is arguably NOT A CUSTOMER.

Fail, Fail and ...
• The device must achieve at least 75% of its advertised hashrate.
FAIL !
How retarded do you have to be to confuse 75% of advertised hashrate with ~50% ?

Rest In Peace betsofbitco.in we've lost enough time with you.
this.

also: ship - transitive verb -  "to cause to be transported"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ship
Pages:
Jump to: