Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinLab suing MtGox for $75 milliion? - page 11. (Read 19414 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Not the first time the login on the front page has broke, just saying. Whenever they are under high load the ajax stuff starts to time out.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
For anyone having issues, you can try:

clicking on "trade", you will then be prompted for your pw and username.

This is an alternative to using the pw/username widget (until it is working again)

Alternately, www.mtgox.com/login works (thanks, INAU!)

confirmed the link www.mtgox.com/login works

Main page started to work just fine.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

This is an alternative to using the pw/username widget (until it is working again)

confirmed the link www.mtgox.com/login works
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
I'm still reading, but so far, it looks like the suit will likely be tossed.  The contract will likely be nullified.

Your bank, brokerage, etc, etc, can't just sell your account to someone else, and a contract to do so would not be valid.  There are complicated hoops that you have to jump through for that.

I am sure there are hoops, but they can certainly sell your account to someone else -- and without any input or say-so from you, the customer.  This has occurred to many of us who have had the misfortune to bank at a brick-and-mortar bank -- only to see it bought up by a mega-bank.

Surely you see the difference.  Selling an account is one thing.  Selling a bank is a whole 'nother story.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Yes, unless all compliance issues in all countries were resolved, the contract is void. Also they can file they all want in USA, MTgox has no exposure in USA.

I can see the terrible headlines already.

U.S. federal district courts are where you sue international parties.

http://books.google.com/books/about/International_Litigation.html?id=cSI41AY1jM0C
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I'm still reading, but so far, it looks like the suit will likely be tossed.  The contract will likely be nullified.

Your bank, brokerage, etc, etc, can't just sell your account to someone else, and a contract to do so would not be valid.  There are complicated hoops that you have to jump through for that.

I am sure there are hoops, but they can certainly sell your account to someone else -- and without any input or say-so from you, the customer.  This has occurred to many of us who have had the misfortune to bank at a brick-and-mortar bank -- only to see it bought up by a mega-bank.

Activity: 700
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Posted in another thread about the same issue:

http://coinlab.com/status
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
this link works fine www.mtgox.com/login

Confirmed.  The problem seems to center on the LOGIN script on the main landing page.

Is anyone from outside the USA able to login from the main landing page?  Or does the script error on the main landing page affect everyone, regardless country?
Activity: 784
Dito Can't get in either.

Do they try to prevent panic selling?

I've only heard people's pet theories that they do by slowing down user access during panic selling periods but I reckon it's just their kit being overloaded.

Same nonsense spread by "doom and gloom" bears again, I and many others have seen gox becoming slugox when price went up countless times.
Yes, unless all compliance issues in all countries were resolved, the contract is void. Also they can file they all want in USA, MTgox has no exposure in USA.

I can see the terrible headlines already.
Activity: 574

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Was able to panic withdraw by going to the above login link. Thx.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Can't login either from Canada using Chromium and Firefox.

http://www.mtgox.com/login is working.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

What a dumb way to prevent their users to login... Another proof of mtgox's professional coding skills.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott
this link works fine www.mtgox.com/login
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Can't sign in from the UK. Works fine on my phone using the mobile site though.

I've only heard people's pet theories that they do by slowing down user access during panic selling periods but I reckon it's just their kit being overloaded.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

Activity: 868

More likely there's a run of people rushing to withdraw and it's overloading their system.  Their response times are pretty shitty on weekends anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: