Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 14. (Read 639398 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
It looks like the price data has not been changing since about 4:50 UTC this morning. It is about 11:35 UTC now.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

How is it possible that the busiest wallet in the chain, with most transactions is not considered by coinmarketcap.com as part of the "circulating supply".

The logic of that is slightly bamboozling.
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
Ethereum and Ethereum Classic are missing the ** Significantly Premined tag.

Or do you find that 72 mil / 93 mil does not count as significant?
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
in this period of big ICOs, money flow arrives without previous lines of code written, and without establishing the level of competition with existing or functional projects.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
900M will be entering the market within a timeframe relevant to todays pricing.

By that standard mined coins would have to include whatever portion will be mined "within a timeframe relevant to today's pricing" (enormously subjective, but by your assertion here that would be at least a year). That has never been done on coinmarketcap.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Hi

I'm questioning the reporting policy of coin supply for some of the new token ICOs who's supply appears to be grossly underreported. Surely the "circulating supply" is that which is in the hands of any potential trader.

For example, my bitcoin is in my wallet and will be staying there. It is not "circulating" in the sense that I will not be making it available for sale, and yet it still reported as part of the bitcoin coin supply.

Meanwhile, here is an example of an asset where the tokens are in existence and are being made available for sale but are not reported as part of the circulating coin supply. I would argue that the block-explorer quantity should be faithfully represented unless there are some kind of exceptional situations (e.g. liquidity is blockchain restricted). Put another way, if any potential trader has access to the full supply - for the purpose of OTC trades of otherwise - then the full supply should be reported.

In summary:

How come Etherscan says this...

And coinmarket.com says this...

When we know that the full supply is accessible, liquid and for sale...

My point is this isn't the stock market. In decentralised cryptocurrency, the "circulating supply" is what the blockchain issues, not what portion the "biggest holder" decides to sell of their holding.

coinmarketcap.com is a comparison site so it's important that all assets are reported consistently in that respect.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
Cryptoclone scammed lots of people and ran away. CMC had their ads all over their site.
Activity: 770
Merit: 566
fractally
The supply of EOS is 1B,  900M are circulating within the next 335 days.  The supply will not be changing so can be hard-coded.

204M are "liquid" now and an additional 2M are being made "liquid" every 23 hours.  Based on Steem Power president the full 900M should be the basis because 900M will be entering the market within a timeframe relevant to todays pricing.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
BXT BitToken - No premine - Fair launch
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
Footy Cash has a new website @ http://footycash.com/  If you could replace that it would be great.  The old website is no longer available.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Another new coin to add. KingNcoin KNC Here's the explorer. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/knc/
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
This is a suggestion to coinmarketcap.com or someone who can accommodate. 

As you already have the market cap data for all the cryptocurrencies, why don't you create an index like Crypto100 (similar to SP500) that track the movement of the value of the top 100 cryptocurrenies?  You can provide the real time % change for the day or week-to-date etc.  I know it is easier to say than done because they are some complications involve such as on how to adjust the index value when a coin drops out for good (died) or temporary drops out from the top 100 list, but I am sure you can refer to the way they manage the SP500 or other indexes and find a solution.

Activity: 431
Please update Footy Cash page ( https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/footy-cash/ ) with our new Block Explorer: http://foot.dblocks.io/

We are also listed on the Cryptopia Exchange: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=FOOT_BTC

Thanks for your attention!
Activity: 325
Merit: 251
Any ideas?
#RussiaCoin Update 12th June 2017

Version 1.2 has been released on GitHub while the website is in the process of getting a spring clean and dusting.

GitHub: https://github.com/RussiaCoinDotInfo/RussiaCoin/releases/tag/V1.2.0.0
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Please gliss please help me,return the bitcoins to the address that I sent from,I really need this money for my education,I think you are a good guy,this is totally my fault

The transaction is d5b9e93bdea5a1bfe011e53df7c25ddbf8920925951515a6cfb371574fa2cab0
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Today I want to send some bitcoin to a address throgh the jaxx wallet chrome extension,and this extension has a feature is automatically copy the address in the pages that I browsing,and in this time I browsing the coinmarketcap.com,so the extension just copied the coinmarketcap donation address,so my bitcoins sent to this address.
If you see this message can you please return that bitcoins to the same address that sent the coins,it is all my blunder but I really need this money,I can't live without that,thank you very much

the transaction is d5b9e93bdea5a1bfe011e53df7c25ddbf8920925951515a6cfb371574fa2cab0

by the way coinmarketcap is a greatful website,but I really need the coins,It's almost all my money

contact me:[email protected]
Activity: 594
Merit: 253
How does this site make money? I never see ads? Can I donate some BTC? Please come back up, I'll give you 50 dollars in bitcoin!  Add a donate button. Your site is what I would call "essential" as in I can't live without it. Thanks.

Seriously? Or maybe you are just using adsblock? Their ads are as clear as day. It even cover some info if you won't close it. Also the donation address is at the bottom.
Activity: 280
How does this site make money? I never see ads? Can I donate some BTC? Please come back up, I'll give you 50 dollars in bitcoin!  Add a donate button. Your site is what I would call "essential" as in I can't live without it. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: