Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 33. (Read 639534 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Thanks. What about the 500 million in reserve?  It seems those are not in circulation and available to the public either.

Reserve is quite similar to a minable amount. I.e. if we use the term reserve, Bitcoin now has 21 mil reserve (if half of them are already mined), which can be mined in the future. The difference of reserve is that reserve can either increase or decrease. So basically you're right. It's not in circulation, it is not available to the public for now.

Thanks for MUSE update @Gliss
But I see the reserve is misunderstood. It tells us maximum hard cap of MUSE supply, so the maximum supply of MUSE can be 2 bil (1.5 bil of total supply + 500 mil of reserve)
Therefore, the current available supply should be adjusted to 1,353,319,794, not 853,319,794.

Here's an infographic of BitShares funding system including reserve
https://bitshares.org/technology/stakeholder-approved-project-funding/

Please correct the supply at your convenience. Again I really thank you for updating MUSE info.
Thanks. What about the 500 million in reserve?  It seems those are not in circulation and available to the public either.

Reserve is quite similar to a minable amount. I.e. if we use the term reserve, Bitcoin now has 21 mil reserve (if half of them are already mined), which can be mined in the future. The difference of reserve is that reserve can either increase or decrease. So basically you're right. It's not in circulation, it is not available to the public for now.
Activity: 258
Merit: 252
I reported MUSE and OBITS supply API endpoint, but they still remain unknown. Please fix them.

FYI
muse.cryptofresh.com/api/cmc
cryptofresh.com/api/cmc

+1 +1 +1

Thanks, total supply updated.  But it's missing available supply info  i.e. how many coins are available to public and not the creators/private investors.

Thanks for the update. According to their explanation 150 mil (10% of initial supply) is allocated to the dev fund.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19396.msg249355.html#msg249355

Thanks. What about the 500 million in reserve?  It seems those are not in circulation and available to the public either.

Regarding MUSE, it is not an asset now. So IMO, differentiating between available supply and total supply is unnecessary.

We still need to differentiate to keep market caps comparable between assets and non-assets.  We're using total supply in a different sense, i.e. total supply of Bitcoin in existence right now is ~15 million, not 21 million.

I think, there will be good idea, if coinmarketcap.com for each currency will print Share ratio on currency-specific page.
Details about Sharpe ratio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_ratio

This is useful and important value for professional investors.

For compute, you can assume simplified formula with Rb=0. This is widely used practical approach.

We propose to print annual and monthly Share on the currency detail page.
Please note - monthly sharpe need multiply to 12, for adjust value to annual and make it comparable.

In addition to Sharpe ratio (see message from FIXX above), good idea compute beta to Bitcoin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_%28finance%29

Looking more into these, thanks.
I reported MUSE and OBITS supply API endpoint, but they still remain unknown. Please fix them.

FYI
cryptofresh.com/api/cmc

+1 +1 +1

Thanks, total supply updated.  But it's missing available supply info  i.e. how many coins are available to public and not the creators/private investors.

Thanks for the update. According to their explanation 150 mil (10% of initial supply) is allocated to the dev fund.

Thanks. What about the 500 million in reserve?  It seems those are not in circulation and available to the public either.

Regarding MUSE, it is not an asset now. So IMO, differentiating between available supply and total supply is unnecessary.

We still need to differentiate to keep market caps comparable between assets and non-assets.  We're using total supply in a different sense, i.e. total supply of Bitcoin in existence right now is ~15 million, not 21 million.

FYI
cryptofresh.com/api/cmc

+1 +1 +1

Activity: 102
Merit: 12
In addition to Sharpe ratio (see message from FIXX above), good idea compute beta to Bitcoin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_%28finance%29
Activity: 592
Merit: 250

Thank you for updating SecretCoinWink
Activity: 535
Merit: 501
EMC
I think, there will be good idea, if coinmarketcap.com for each currency will print Share ratio on currency-specific page.
Details about Sharpe ratio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_ratio

This is useful and important value for professional investors.

For compute, you can assume simplified formula with Rb=0. This is widely used practical approach.

We propose to print annual and monthly Share on the currency detail page.
Please note - monthly sharpe need multiply to 12, for adjust value to annual and make it comparable.
Hi,

I can't see any charts for any specific coins, Having those msgs "loading data from server..." then "no charts found"
The "mini" charts in coins summary are working.

Regards,

Flam.

They should be working now, although they may be less detailed than before due to bandwidth issues.  Improvements coming soon.

FYI
cryptofresh.com/api/cmc

+1 +1 +1

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

FYI
cryptofresh.com/api/cmc

+1 +1 +1
Activity: 368
Hi,

I can't see any charts for any specific coins, Having those msgs "loading data from server..." then "no charts found"
The "mini" charts in coins summary are working.

Regards,

Flam.
Activity: 462
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
submit request form for antibitcoin
hope you add us soon
thanks  Grin

Yes please add ANTI Smiley Great coin, great community!!
still waiting to be listed in coinmarkercap
hope you will notice our request soon  Grin
Thanks for adding AntiBitcoin in coinmarketcap  Grin
Thank you for updating SecretCoin info Wink
Activity: 98
hope you add us soon
thanks  Grin

I sent a tweet earlyer today
Activity: 462
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
hope you add us soon
thanks  Grin

FYI
cryptofresh.com/api/cmc
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
What does "significantly premined" constitute (e.g. what percentage?) and how is Ethereum not significantly premined when it had an ICO of most of the coin supply and another pure premine for developers of I think 12%?

The original intent was to to distinguish country coins that had a very huge premine (like Auroracoin's 50% premine).   In Ethereum's case as long as the ICO coins are in the public's possession, I don't think the premine distinction is necessary.

So significant/huge >12%?

The developer premine coins aren't in public possession (unless they dumped them? but I'm not sure if the rules even allow that yet).
Specification and Quantification of this term ("significantly premined") would be an interesting addition in order to compare cryptocurrencies.

More honesty and less technicalities would be an interesting addition in order to compare cryptocurrencies.

The current system rewards coin devs for hiding a premine by making it look like an accident.

Besides Gliss, nobody is fooled:

So what's the rationale for this block reward system? (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))

As I understand it, the TOTAL distribution per unit time will come crashing down as network hashrate goes up. Not to mention each miner is getting a tinier slice. That's rather discouraging.

Apart from Darksend, I think this is the best feature of the coin. All other altcoins become diluted if they doesn't become a instant success like Dogecoin.

So the early adopter edge becomes even more overwhelming? Nice way to kill a coin. An exchange medium is only worth something if others agree and also have a stake. We'll just end up a small group of hoarders waiting around for something to happen. Reminds me of QRK.

That is overstating things. Reading through the thread, it is abundantly clear that the devs and other early adopters believe in the coin and are not planning a massive dump. 

IMO this is a feature -- not a problem or a scam.  Basically, it allows for the devs to have a more fine control over how the coin is released into the market; and thus prevents a “mid-life” dump via multipools and whale miners that troubles many a coin once the price starts to rise.  As mentioned above, if a coin is super-popular from the beginning like Doge then there is no problem as it gets distributed to a wide range of miners.  Even if whales or whatnot show up later there is a big enough dedicated mining community that in effect prevents these entities from negatively effecting the market. 

On the other hand, coins that don't blow up from the beginning and slowly rise in price due to the efforts of the early adopters, inevitably get attacked by these whales/mutlipools -- and the diff increase alone never seems to be enough to prevent a ton of coins of entering the hands of the few.  When these coins get dumped... the market crashes.  The way Darkcoin is currently set up this cannot happen.  And yes, even though Darkcoin is multipool resistant – it is still vulnerable to whales (it was actually getting hammered before the diff /reward system was enhanced by KGW).

Now, I know it may seem unfair to latecomer miners and some trolls even went as far as trying to discourage people by calling this a instamine. But the thing is... the vast majority of coins have a high percentage owned by early adopters.  That is the reward they get for believing in the coin before anybody else.  Due to the diff/reward system Darkcoin might be a little more extreme, but as I just explained that system has a very important purpose.

Lastly, it is not like the devs are not willing to respond.  Take a look at the diff/reward chart below. 

The blue line is actually a hardfork that was put in place a couple of weeks ago to be ready for GPU miners (GPU client first released last week) so that reward wouldn't drop to zero once the hash power went through the roof. 

Tldr; This is a fair coin. The diff/reward is a feature that allows more fine control over how much coin is released into the market and thus prevents manipulation by whales who plan to dump.

lol, how is this effectively different than a premine?

Gliss used the most technical definition of 'premine' possible to justify putting Dash back on the 'not premined' list.

For one brief, shining moment he was honest about it (right after the DASH OP took the "No Premine" claim out of their [ANN] thread title).

But he changed his mind, probably after being bribed by CoinTelegraph and threatened by DashHoles.
Hello!

Please update SecretCoin BlockExplorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/scrt/ and remove the old one.

Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
hope you add us soon
thanks  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: