Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 34. (Read 639534 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
submit request form for antibitcoin
hope you add us soon
thanks  Grin
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
What does "significantly premined" constitute (e.g. what percentage?) and how is Ethereum not significantly premined when it had an ICO of most of the coin supply and another pure premine for developers of I think 12%?

The original intent was to to distinguish country coins that had a very huge premine (like Auroracoin's 50% premine).   In Ethereum's case as long as the ICO coins are in the public's possession, I don't think the premine distinction is necessary.

So significant/huge >12%?

The developer premine coins aren't in public possession (unless they dumped them? but I'm not sure if the rules even allow that yet).
Specification and Quantification of this term ("significantly premined") would be an interesting addition in order to compare cryptocurrencies.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
Hi,

please add yobit by "Limecoinx"

Best regards Christian

https://yobit.net/en/trade/LIMX/BTC
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
What does "significantly premined" constitute (e.g. what percentage?) and how is Ethereum not significantly premined when it had an ICO of most of the coin supply and another pure premine for developers of I think 12%?

The original intent was to to distinguish country coins that had a very huge premine (like Auroracoin's 50% premine).   In Ethereum's case as long as the ICO coins are in the public's possession, I don't think the premine distinction is necessary.

So significant/huge >12%?

The developer premine coins aren't in public possession (unless they dumped them? but I'm not sure if the rules even allow that yet).
Activity: 258
Merit: 252
Guys please add Bitstone

Added, thanks.

The original intent was to to distinguish country coins that had a very huge premine (like Auroracoin's 50% premine).   In Ethereum's case as long as the ICO coins are in the public's possession, I don't think the premine distinction is necessary.

Where do you get 1460K number?  The explorer used to have the number of claimed clams, but now I can't find it.

You can use this:

https://just-dice.com/api/supply

{"moneysupply":1541886313048927,"digsupply":81867962870962,"stakesupply":64446172641730,"activesupply":146314135512693}

You probably want activesupply/1e8.

When will you update clam coin moneysupply?

Please udate EmerCoin!

Explorer: https://emercoin.mintr.org/

Updated, thanks.
Activity: 568
Merit: 500
https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad
Where do you get 1460K number?  The explorer used to have the number of claimed clams, but now I can't find it.

You can use this:

{"moneysupply":1541886313048927,"digsupply":81867962870962,"stakesupply":64446172641730,"activesupply":146314135512693}

When will you update clam coin moneysupply?
Activity: 535
Merit: 501
EMC
Please udate EmerCoin!

Explorer: https://emercoin.mintr.org/

legendary
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Never have I seen any indication that coinmarketcap removes scams. There are many scams listed.

Perhaps there is a role to play for a site that vets and rates coins but this clearly isn't it.

I think they only remove them if you contact them.

Their service is just to list a market cap of a coin, they never endorse a coin.
legendary
Never have I seen any indication that coinmarketcap removes scams. There are many scams listed.

Perhaps there is a role to play for a site that vets and rates coins but this clearly isn't it.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Please remove Bytecoin:

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3ueqiy/has_the_bytecoin_scam_opened_up_a_new_front_as/cxexh04
1.Fraudulent claims about being used "as the major transaction currency of a major international research institution" (paraphrased), clearly false. Claims of being used by merchants and services on the darknet, also clearly false.
2.Fraudulent claims of affiliation with Cicada 3301, clearly false.
3.Fraudulent claims of being launched in 2012, clearly false.
4.Crippled miner, likely used to create an artificiallly-low hash-per-node and appearance of a larger and older notwork, as opposed to a few PCs in an office, university lab, or low budget cloud farm. Original scammers only released their uncrippled miner after others had become public, which thankfully happened pretty quickly.
5.Propaganda campaign to promote Bytecoin, the fake 2012 backstory, and smear Monero via secret financial backing of cointelegraph (now well documented, including screen shots and authenticated emails) and almost certainly other web outlets as well as wikipedia manipulation (as yet unproven, but obvious).
6.Transaction flow is almost certainly faked via an automated process as there are virtually no independent uses of Bytecoin, and the transaction flow doesn't even show normal fluctuations. Any real network would have periods of slow/no transactions, even Bitcoin does at orders of magnitude more overall usage. Bytecoin does not.
7.Sham trading on hitbtc where bots trade with themselves, manipulating both price and especially volume. Again, sham trading never slows down or stops, unlike non-fake exchange trading. Well documented.
8.Purchased accounts and sock puppet accounts (both well documented) on bitcointalk used to post phony "independent" analysis in support of Bytecoin and the fake backstory.9.Manipulated whitepaper documents and web sites (for example, the "fingerprint" CSS reset code was removed after being identified as very strongly linking various "independent" web sites and projects, and then fraudulently claimed to have never been present).

If that isn't a scam I don't know what is.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

You can use this:

legendary
Can coinmarketcap update clams moneysupply? That number coinmarketcap has is old.

Same with AEON. I wonder how those get updated?

They probably use the API of certain blockexplorers for that.

The only blockchain explorers for AEON that I know about are chainradar and minergate, both of which show the correct supply.

"alreadyGeneratedCoins":9.393907288722e+18

Updated, thanks.

Looks like there is also a problem with the active supply of CLAMs

I wonder how often they update the active supply.  They show 1,079K and there is currently 1,460K.  Digger just finished digging in the last few days.   So they are off ~400K.  Which is quite a bit with such a low starting point.  

The node shows it:

"digsupply" : 818670.41779814,
  "stakesupply" : 644035.72641731,
  "activesupply" : 1462706.14421545,

I'll look into the explorer API
Activity: 258
Merit: 252
Can coinmarketcap update clams moneysupply? That number coinmarketcap has is old.

Same with AEON. I wonder how those get updated?

They probably use the API of certain blockexplorers for that.

The only blockchain explorers for AEON that I know about are chainradar and minergate, both of which show the correct supply.

"alreadyGeneratedCoins":9.393907288722e+18

Updated, thanks.

I wonder how often they update the active supply.  They show 1,079K and there is currently 1,460K.  Digger just finished digging in the last few days.   So they are off ~400K.  Which is quite a bit with such a low starting point.  

Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
Suggestion:

Add something like a (BTC) "Dominance Index" as its shown here: https://coincap.io

IMHO showing BTC's and altcoin's % share of market capitalization is a good way to instantly see (and realize) how strong Bitcoin is at the moment...
legendary

I wonder how often they update the active supply.  They show 1,079K and there is currently 1,460K.  Digger just finished digging in the last few days.   So they are off ~400K.  Which is quite a bit with such a low starting point. 
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
thanks for addition of Rublebit
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Hello, is historical price data available from CoinMarketCap for example in a CSV format?

I've been looking for a comprehensive way to collect historical data of altcoins to create some charts, but so far have been unable to find a complete table of data starting from the list date on exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: