Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 2. (Read 211707 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
So 5000 posts of people screaming about their lost coin and so far the most anyone has done is one guy that emailed coindesk about it hoping they would do an expose. Nothing else has been done, right?

I agree, sheer madness
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
there is very little law enforcement going on around crypto in general that is why crooks from all walks of life are stealing from newbies on daily basis.
Was Mark Karpeles a poor man living in a poor country? how about Ross Ulbricht, Trendon Shavers or Charlie Shrem?
How did Charlie end up in the list of three, mate?
As far as I am aware, he was accused of money-laundering because he failed to report to FINCEN the high volume of BTC purchased by of one of his clients (who sold it to his own clients on the now-defunct Silk Road).

he didn't just launder money he destroyed bitinstant in the process and burnt all its employees, customers, and investors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitInstant
http://www.coindesk.com/bitinstant-gets-hit-with-a-class-action-lawsuit-by-frustrated-customers/

he didn't just fail to fill in a few forms either.. if you read the actual charges in the money laundering case he was actively complicit in the laundering of drug money from silk road to the point where he even overruled his own business partner (leaving a trail of email evidence) just to get at his precious shiney..

the guy is a greedy little troll who put money before everything else and he deserves what he gets.
just like the guys behind coinmarket.io who ripped me off along with many others.
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
this site is scam, dont send coins there or u will never see them.
Activity: 118
So 5000 posts of people screaming about their lost coin and so far the most anyone has done is one guy that emailed coindesk about it hoping they would do an expose. Nothing else has been done, right?
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
fucking scammers.
Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
I thought Kenneth said he was closing down hosting end of the month, are you planning to maybe keep the exchange alive and kicking after all this is sorted?
Are you processing btc deposits/withdrawals that were made after exchange was stopped end Feb?
Kenneth did not warn us about stopping communications. He just disappeared Sad
Among other things, Kenneth was aware that no security was 100% guaranteed by running this code.
There were some additional delays, but things are moving and we are sure he is monitoring the situation aswell.
As the remaining coins are still on his server, a premature shutdown is not what he should do.

Just remember Kenneth stole coins too as per the bolded part. They were both in on it and it would be much easier to track Kenneth in a 1st world country.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
So the latvian bastards ran away with my 0.56 btc and noone raises a finger...

who's stopping you from raising your own finger...?

+1  did you report it to the police or talk to a lawyer yourself?  legally no one else can do that for you, its up to you
Activity: 182

who's stopping you from raising your own finger...?
Activity: 186
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
return my 0.5btc
Activity: 322
I shouldnt have used these smaller exchanges for trading.
Lessons learnt in a hard way.

Given the number of scams happening here, there is huge potential for some hacking group
to form a SWAT team for finding out these scumbags.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
So, what happened with this "gem"?

Just stopped on april 1st?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Stop the potato genocide!
there is very little law enforcement going on around crypto in general that is why crooks from all walks of life are stealing from newbies on daily basis.
Was Mark Karpeles a poor man living in a poor country? how about Ross Ulbricht, Trendon Shavers or Charlie Shrem?
How did Charlie end up in the list of three, mate?
As far as I am aware, he was accused of money-laundering because he failed to report to FINCEN the high volume of BTC purchased by of one of his clients (who sold it to his own clients on the now-defunct Silk Road).
Activity: 182
guys i've been away for several months. had some money on coinmarket. what's the latest news? any chance of the site going back up again?

Basically no. No one is doing anything to go after them so nothing is going to happen. As usual - much whining, little action.
Activity: 465
guys i've been away for several months. had some money on coinmarket. what's the latest news? any chance of the site going back up again?

I have small amount of money on coinmarket too

You can find the latest updates on Twitter. Don't laugh. That's already the latest source, and nothing more

I hope you didn't put too much money there
Activity: 126
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
It is amazing what time does, well played guys, well played!

Enjoy the BTC you, stole you deserve it, you kept everyone on a string long enough for them not to care anymore!

yup... still very sad for the people that had a lot of BTC there
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
I want my 0,27  btc  !!!   gregofdoom 
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
It is amazing what time does, well played guys, well played!

Enjoy the BTC you, stole you deserve it, you kept everyone on a string long enough for them not to care anymore!
legendary
Activity: 924
anyone got hold of these thieves?

Except for online, no-one got ahold of anyone.

I've still got screenshots of my 1.989 BTC withdrawal with no tx id. Looks like they're souvenirs now.
Pages:
Jump to: