Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinPal beta - Buying bitcoins with PayPal - page 2. (Read 170514 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
I'm wanting to know if they ever unfroze your account? Did you get your money back from them that was seized? Since they are now starting to mingle with bitcoins, I was curious if they would release funds they seized during their btc is against TOS.
Unless I'm missing something, the account was unfrozen long ago - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.595903.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Coinpal is shut down. They seized and froze the assets due to trading currencies. I was curious if they ever got their money back now that Paypal is starting to verse with Bitcoin. Sorry you lost money on there. Maybe you will get it back one day.

Anyone with more than two peas for a brain saw that coming from miles away.... Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If you think you know me.. Think again
I got scammed 6k selling BTC on PayPal. Does this CoinPal guarantee insurance in case of charge back from credit card buyers?

- Mayer Amschel

Coinpal is shut down. They seized and froze the assets due to trading currencies. I was curious if they ever got their money back now that Paypal is starting to verse with Bitcoin. Sorry you lost money on there. Maybe you will get it back one day.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I got scammed 6k selling BTC on PayPal. Does this CoinPal guarantee insurance in case of charge back from credit card buyers?

- Mayer Amschel
Activity: 700
If you think you know me.. Think again
I'm wanting to know if they ever unfroze your account? Did you get your money back from them that was seized? Since they are now starting to mingle with bitcoins, I was curious if they would release funds they seized during their btc is against TOS.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
damn necros...  Grin

This thread poped up and I am reading all those smart people saying smart things.. and thinking WTF? is it bitcointalk or am I dreaming...

Activity: 37
Merit: 1
We at CoinMama.com also had the misfortune of having or PayPal account reviewed and frozen after a period of 2 months.
But now we're working with Western Union and MoneyGram money transfers.
This way we can allow people to buy bitcoins with a credit card since Western Union and MoneyGram offer the option of making a money transfer through a credit card or debit card (in certain countries).  
Activity: 87
Merit: 12
Thanks for the lessons learned thread, good tribal knowledge!
vip
Activity: 447
Merit: 258
For those subscribed to this thread, I posted another thread about anti-fraud lessons learned while operating CoinPal.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 09, 2011, 04:39:46 AM
I run btcnow.net, and after months of fighting with google checkout (got my IPN code working tonight), I'm taking my chances with paypal (with some major restrictions).  It will be a good test to see if they are still hostile towards bitcoin.  I operated fine on checkout for a while, but once one jackass got it in their head that it was some sort of criminal scam, they banned my account, and hunted down any new ones I tried to open up.  They said I didn't violate any TOS, but my business model was just "incompatible" with google checkout, and they wouldn't tell me anything more for "security reasons".
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
I thought Google Checkout was friendly to digital currency?

Not at all.

Months ago, I ran the Bitcoin Store, which sold bitcoins in return for Liberty Reserve / GlobalDigitalPay / etc.  Tried to add Google Checkout, and was explicitly denied within 24 hours of adding G.C. to my site.  When bitcoins were explained to Google, they pointed me to the "no digital currencies" portion of their ToS.

vip

It's always a little hard to tell how the ToS will be interpreted.  Google says they prohibit "wholesale currency" transactions which includes "currency exchanges."  I don't know whether Google's legal department considers Bitcoin a currency.
Activity: 588
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
I do believe AccessCoin beat you to the punch on the creditcard idea. Sad
A service that charges 20% extra doesn't count.

MemoryDealers beat me too it also (via physical delivery).  As I understand it, AccessCoin uses Google Checkout whose ToS prohibit currency exchange.  I'm sure Google will be friendlier than PayPal was, so I wish AccessCoin the best of luck.

I don't want to promise a specific fee at this point, but I'll be disappointed with myself if it's above 10%.  High fees tend to discourage honest customers, leaving only the fraudulent ones using the service.
vip

MemoryDealers beat me too it also (via physical delivery).  As I understand it, AccessCoin uses Google Checkout whose ToS prohibit currency exchange.  I'm sure Google will be friendlier than PayPal was, so I wish AccessCoin the best of luck.

I don't want to promise a specific fee at this point, but I'll be disappointed with myself if it's above 10%.  High fees tend to discourage honest customers, leaving only the fraudulent ones using the service.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
PayPal thawed my account today (after 6 months).  My full PayPal balance is being transferred to my bank account.  I received two small chargebacks shortly after the freeze and none for the following 5.5 months.  Those chargebacks didn't materially affect the fraud rates I mentioned in April.

My plan is to bring back CoinCard within the next month or so (minus PayPal plus a couple other payment methods).  Once that's running smoothly again, I'll start implementing credit card payments on CoinPal.  I don't have a timeline, but I think my anti-fraud systems are up to the task.  I've kind of missed swimming with the sharks :-)
Great news!

Activity: 588
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
vip
PayPal thawed my account today (after 6 months).  My full PayPal balance is being transferred to my bank account.  I received two small chargebacks shortly after the freeze and none for the following 5.5 months.  Those chargebacks didn't materially affect the fraud rates I mentioned in April.

My plan is to bring back CoinCard within the next month or so (minus PayPal plus a couple other payment methods).  Once that's running smoothly again, I'll start implementing credit card payments on CoinPal.  I don't have a timeline, but I think my anti-fraud systems are up to the task.  I've kind of missed swimming with the sharks :-)
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

This whole situation has reminded me once again why distributed, resilient systems like Bitcoin and OTC are so important.

I love this statement.
Activity: 616
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
you mean the private keys?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Pardon my ignorance, what exactly is a "BTC digital cryptographic key rights"?

Rights to numbers in wallets as opposed to the value.
Pages:
Jump to: