Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinpayments robbed - page 3. (Read 613 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 16, 2018, 08:40:29 PM
Hello.

I noticed that someone stole bitcoin and litecoin from my 2 coinpayments wallet. Luckily, I transferring money from there almost daily so, stolen amount is not so high but still it makes me angry.

Hacker logged in to my account even I have 2FA there. Also I never received withdraw confirmation to email for those withdrawals. I sent ticket, but no reply yet.

One friend of mine also have same issue.

After XRP last year, seems like they leaking again.

Anybody else have same issue? Should we stop trust them?

Kind Regards,
Edin

It is difficult to provide trust and should not simply trust in the people and the things because anytime they can traitor you. The better you should do is change your address and the private key is keep it, and be careful.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
May 16, 2018, 07:34:22 PM
If in my opinion immediately do change your wallet address and keep all secret key or password related to enter into your personal wallet, because if you do not replace you will experience it continue to take care if according to me. So the right steps to not re-change the address of your personal wallet and do not also access web sites or web sites that are not sure because it also can potentially you lose your coin back.Thank you.
Activity: 992
Merit: 278
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
May 16, 2018, 07:29:27 PM
Seems very unlikely that both you and your friend would be robbed in the exact same way on the exact same platform.

Did he also have 2 factor auth on? And did you share a device at any time that was used to log into your accounts?

Check the IP login history on both accounts and see if the IP that hacked you is from the same region on both, could be that there is an exploit affecting certain categories of users.
Activity: 146
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 07:14:18 PM
That's why you need to have a secure password before opening an account. Besides, you can two factor authentication of your account so that if your account get hacked, you can easily recover it.
Activity: 77
May 16, 2018, 06:15:37 PM
You need to be more careful about entering email addresses into different apps, sometimes hackers log in using them.
and you should further improve security in your wallet.
Activity: 257
May 16, 2018, 06:05:14 PM
Coinpayment again? This was how ripple (xrp) suddenly disappeared in my account with them last year and they gave explanation that they had an issue and people withdrew far more than they hold. They apologise and later pay back in instalments though. If this happened to you then they seriously need to step up security on their platform.

Hello.

I noticed that someone stole bitcoin and litecoin from my 2 coinpayments wallet. Luckily, I transferring money from there almost daily so, stolen amount is not so high but still it makes me angry.

Hacker logged in to my account even I have 2FA there. Also I never received withdraw confirmation to email for those withdrawals. I sent ticket, but no reply yet.

Kind Regards,
Edin
Activity: 98
May 16, 2018, 05:59:14 PM
we also need to be careful of the spread of links under the pretext of securing a wallet or a gift of coins or whatever, If Saving btc / ETH or altcoin Other In the wallet or online exchanger,
my advice do not directly click or respond to links that blm kt know.
Activity: 127
May 16, 2018, 05:34:28 PM
I didn’t face any such scam but heard a few more stories who experienced the same. You are lucky that the amount is not more it was very bad in some other cases. I think this things are done by someone who is of coinpayments and I will suggest you to see the history and find out where the money has gone. Take legal action if you feel necessary.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
May 15, 2018, 05:16:34 AM
A decent amount of scam accusations has been raised against them in the last few months so you should look into the possibility that this was an inside job because a hacker accessing your coinpayments account, your email and your phone for 2FA (assuming that It's on phone) doesn't seem like a likely scenario. Do you have a withdrawal history? try to track where the funds went to.
Activity: 20
May 15, 2018, 12:53:41 AM
Hello.

Kind Regards,
Edin
Pages:
Jump to: